We have just returned from a weeks stay at the ola maioris. We are a group of four adults with one 11 year old. We expected what we paid for a 4 star all inclusive family break. By and large that is what we received.
The food was of a very good for all three meals. And there are biscuits, cakes, meat and bread available all day. The waiting staff and bar staff we very helpful and attentive. Toni behind the bar was an exception, he was quite frankly rude to adults and children alike. However a nice pool and dining area. (Watch out for the slippy tiles and odd wasp).
The hotel was extremely clean throughout and any mess made in the day was cleaned by the next morning. Rooms were a little dated but very pleasant with a balcony.
MAJOR NEGATIVE is that when we arrived at 1 am there was no room for us. So we were told to stay a night at the neighbouring hotel delta (not associated with ola). In checking in there they told us there was only one room available for 3. This was unacceptable seeing as we have payed for the ola. To top it off the ola said there was a problem and that they had been searching for another room but left it in the hands of the delta. A joke!!! The reception staff were rude and unhelpful.
Bottom line is this is a nice hotel with good connections mentioned in other reviews. Also a great local beach for some spectacular snorkelling. However, do not expect to have your room ready for you for the first one or two nights.
If you want to stay here and risk not having a room you have payed your hard earned money on then ok. But if you are a family who want what you have payed for it is NOT WORTH THE RISK.
This happened to so many other British parties during our stay and some had to go a far a field as 20 mins to 18-30 hotels.
Disgusting management for what otherwise is a nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The OLA Hotel Maioris is located in a wooded residential area, on the south-east coast of Majorca, right in the Puig den Ros development and features restaurants, bars, shops, supermarkets, hairdressing salon, etc.The complex is spread over three buildings, each with two lifts and issurrounded by magnificent gardens.There is a little rocky cove 900 m away. El Arenal, with its beache and vibrant night life is only a few kilometres away, and can be reached by using the hotel’s own transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your OLA Hotel Maioris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Club Maioris Hotel El Arenal
- OLA Hotel Maioris Majorca/El Arenal
- Ola Hotel El Arenal
- Ola Maioris Club