“Great Holiday”

Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Upon reading reviews, we are a bit cautious booking, but PLEASE DO NOT pay attention to them. This is the first holiday we have been on with our 2 year old, and could not have been better. Hotel very clean, and although there were some areas a little need of attention, this was only due to wear and tear. The hotel seemed very busy, and as we were there for 2 weeks, seen a lot of people come and go. So wear and tear is expected. We had clean towels everyday (apart from the day off the maid has, but she does leave a note explaining so you don't expect towels and bed being made). Food was brilliant. It was repetitive some days, but we were there for 2 weeks, and the idea is not to have everything on offer for every meal, then it's never the same. The staff are brilliant, and with most speaking English, was easy to talk to for information. The entertainment (Animaction) team really did work there socks off, and our little girl loved the mini disco they did every night (apart from Sundays).

I'm not one who usually writes on these reviews, but felt i needed to put right what other people say negatively about the hotel.

Room Tip: Overlooking pool and bar can get noisy on an evening, especially if you have young children trying t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank greenminiman
olahotels, eCommerce Manager at OLA Hotel Maioris, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for your nice review, encouraging other people to book at Ola Hotel Maioris.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Dereham,norfolkUnited Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

They overbook and send you next door at 2am, when you are both disabled. Everyday they had overbooked. Air conditioning turned off as it is out of season, IN SEPTEMBER. Food OKish but do not go in late as they do not replenish everything. Music very loud but speakers contort everything so when they speak at full volume you cannot hear a word. Two pools but both allow children in, so nowhere for a little peace and quiet. Great for families and kids but not for a restful break. Oh and huge cockroaches in bedroom, so don't leave patio doors open, and try and sleep in the heat.

Room Tip: Do not go in first block as that is over entertainment. Probably middle block is quietest.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jean B
We are sorry that you were so disapointed with your stay at Ola Hotel Maioris.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have just got back yesterday after staying here Monday to Friday and I have to say, we all had a fantastic time. We were all girls aged between 22 and 26 and just wanted a quiet few days away somewhere and we really enjoyed ourselves. We got a really good deal and for what we paid you couldn't have had a week in London for that. It was a little neglected in places in terms of furnishings but if that is going to bother you when you get such a good deal, it baffles me a bit. We were all very nervous having read the reviews, particularly as one of my friends pays a lot of attention to reviews, whereas I like to reserve judgement but I did actually think I was staying in a different hotel to what some of these reviews described, it really wasn't that bad and we all were pleasantly relieved.

Reception staff very friendly. Very helpful in giving you info about buses that run into Palma and el arenal. The location is a bit in the middle of nowhere but in a very nice residential area that felt extremely safe and very friendly and taxis / buses were right outside the hotel.

Food - I'm going to be honest and say that breakfast and lunch for me, and my friends, was fine, lots of selection and I particularly enjoyed the croissants at breakfast but dinner was a bit rubbish for me, I could find stuff to eat no problem (bread, soup, pasta) but it would be the weirdest mix, and a bit repetitive as they don't have any chicken really and it's mainly fish and beef or pork which I don't eat. We ate out twice in our four nights there, we went to an Italian which is in the small commercial area which is right and then right again at the roundabout when you come out the hotel. Had two amazing meals there. Good prices. And it was nice to get out of the hotel atmosphere for a bit too. They also do snacks in an Area by the pool bar mid morning and afternoon. Things like bread, ham, cheese, wafers, cakes and crisps.

Drinks - very generous measures, you get served very quickly and fairly. Soft drinks you help yourself too and it's proper coke, fanta etc. in the eating area, you help yourself to beer also. They also do a few cocktails, slushes and pots of Icecream on the all inc.

Pool - 2 pools, very nice. Sun beds could do with a refurb but that's a minor, not really relevant issue. Area cleaned regularly in the mornings, pools clean. No problems. Also a jacuzzi. No problems with sun beds. It was 30 degree when we were out there and you could stil get sunbeds at 11am.

Didn't really get involved with the entertainment but people seemed to enjoy it at night and in the day and they were very friendly. They realised we were only really there to top up our tans and let us alone but were very polite.

Rooms - our room was lovely. Very big, very clean, excellent maid service. Beds were a bit uncomfortable but didn't really bother us, we all still slept fine.

We left late afternoon for the airport to go home and the hotel gave us a courtesy room to get ready in for half an hour. You reserve this a day before and it's free. Very good service.

Just to point out, unless there are a lot of you, I wouldn't bother with transfers. I would jump in a taxi, costs about 25 euro and you are 10/ 15 mins away from airport. Going back was fine but coming to the hotel, we spent an hour sitting in a minibus after our flight before we even moved anywhere. We didn't realise how close we were to the hotel otherwise I would have booked a taxi to start with. So I advise to get a taxi - it only works out a little bit more expensive than it would to get a transfer and its quicker.

Overall I had a really good, relaxing holiday. Guests and staff at the hotel were very friendly. Guests of all ages and nationalities. Yes, I have stayed in nicer hotels but I paid a lot more money and for the money I paid, you have to have a bit of perspective. Hotel was very clean. If you were staying for longer than a week, I think some people may struggle due to the location and also preference re food but I think it's a lovely hotel, good value for money really and a nice place to go for a little break.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tallulah704
olahotels, eCommerce Manager at OLA Hotel Maioris, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a complete review. All in all, I think you point out one of our strengths, which is great value for money.
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Arrived here late evening and the staff could not be better, we were given our key card and stayed on the 4th floor, the room was clean and and very pleasant, from the balcony we had a view of the pool, mountains, woodland and the sea, it was amazing :), the animation team were excellent, always something to do. We stayed all inclusive which was fantastic, food was great, pleanty of choice and they also did a tapas night. The evening entertainment ranged from amazing to random lol the comedy show was a bit weird but it was funny. The all inclusive bar opened at 10 am untill 11pm but the bar remained open until 1am so you could still buy drinks, on the first night we got there after 11pm but we both managed to get sloshed for €15. The holtel is located quite far away from anywhere but you can book a coach into the nearest towns like palma and arenal which was great. There are a few resturants just down the road from the hotel which were great. All in all this was a fantastic holiday and would definatly stay here again :)

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to welcome you soon again.
Gutersloh, Germany
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed a week at this hotel with 2 friends and had a fantastic time....hotel very clean...clean towels and maid service everyday...enough choices of food to suit everyone although we did eat out a couple of times for a change....although we didnt have kids the animation team was great with the kids and it was a pleasure to sit and watch and have a laugh....pool area clean and tidy all the time pool cleaned out every morning and plenty of sunbeds to choose from with nice areas to relax....the bar staff were amazing always happy to help and asking for a certain drink was no problem with excellent measures....they would make you anything you ask for...a big thank you to all the team for making our stay an enjoyable one...please pass on my regards to Ivo from the bar for having such a welcoming smile all the time...i would definately return and recommend this hotel....x

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank carolcas2013
We are very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Ola Hotel Maioris, and we hope to see you soon. We will forward your compliments to our staff. Thank you.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have just returned after a week at the hotel Maoris and have to say that the people who moan about this hotel, for the price, don't seem to have any idea of the real world. Yes, I could criticise some things but I also could aftet staying in 5* hotels which have cost a lot more money. The food is good and plentiful, the staff were always very friendly and pleasant, the beds were comfortable and I don't go on holiday to watch TV. For me personally, as I have mobility problems it would have been nice to have a walk in shower and the sunbeds a little higher, but that is just a personal thing and not a criticism of the hotel. We were given room 565 in Block C as I had emailed in advance and asked for a quiet room and it was just that. Nice views but far enough away for it tobe quiet. I have never put a review on Tripadviser before but I felt that I had to support the hotel in view of the many negative comments there are. Also this was out of season.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for suporting our hotel, with this nice review.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have just returned from a lovely holiday at this hotel. The hotel was clean and tidy, the rooms a little dated but then you dont go on holiday to stay in your room. The room was cleaned and made up every day and they did a fantastic job. The pool was lovely, plenty of sunbeds, we didnt find people putting towels out a problem at all. The food was lovely, plenty of choice. The bar staff were friendly and courteous, drinks were generous. The reception staff were extremely helpful. We went down to the sea, yes it is down a hill but the scenery is amazing and we sunbathed and swam when there. We took a slow stroll back and were back up the hill before we knew it. We had a fantastic time at this hotel and would definately visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 185Freddie
olahotels, eCommerce Manager at OLA Hotel Maioris, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Arenal
#3 of 44 in El Arenal
AluaSun Torrenova
AluaSun Torrenova
#19 of 39 in Palmanova

Been to OLA Hotel Maioris? Share your experiences!