Stayed here for 4 days (28 Apr - 2 May 2014) and paid £380 inc transfers (Broadway Travel) for 2 adults on All Inclusive basis which is fantastic value for money.
The hotel is lovely although the area is very quiet as others have said. We do like to have a wander out as we go a bit stir crazy being in the hotel 24/7 but apart from the large supermarket and one or two shops/bars there is nothing in the area, no promenade but very rocky (& we didn't manage all of it (because of footwear) path to a small cove)
That being said, it was an excellent mini break and again as others have mentioned there is a bus to Arenal everyday and Palma on certain days free of charge. We did public transport to Arenal and it was 1.50 Euros per person each way (no rtn fee option).
Arenal caters for any age & Nationality but we did find it an eye opener (we're only mid 40's) by the youngsters with buckets.... no spades lol :) but buckets of drinks with 3ft straws (made to your liking of vodka, schnapps etc etc) but was fun to watch.
We travelled light so took no towels but you could hire from the hotel for a 20 Euro returnable deposit which was good. Safety deposit was 3 Euros a day (or cheaper for longer) with 12 Euro refundable deposit.
Drinks were fantastic compared to other hotels we've been to. You could get every drink (Brandy, Vodka, Whiskey, schnapps, baileys etc etc but not branded but they were very good).
In the restaurant it was help yourself to Coke, Fanta (orange & lemon), sprite tea, coffee, water, Estrella lager & wine (red, rose & white) and at the lounge bar help yourself to soft & hot drinks and alcoholic drinks were served by the waiters.
Staff were friendly and when tipped (only a couple of Euros) they were very appreciative and would remember your drink and have it ready for you when you next went to the bar :) .. nice touch as it made you feel special.
There is a MASSIVE range of food and we especially liked the breakfasts. Bacon, sausages (to a fashion) but omelettes cooked in front of you. Fried eggs, boiled eggs, abundance of breads. The usual ham, cheeses salami. Loads of fresh & dried fruits and tinned fruits, prunes, yogurts, cereals, salads etc etc. Lunch and Dinner offered soups, salads and hot dishes such as paella, and always a choice of meat such as pork, chicken, beef, and always fish of some sort etc with a wide selection of sweets. Anytime snacks included breads, cheeses, sliced meats, peanuts, crisps, biscuits/pastries.
Never saw any ice creams or ice lollies etc for the kids though.
The hotel is very clean and we never struggled to get a sunbed and it was busy we thought for time of year. There's a nice shaded pagoda style area too. There were several Nationalities (all friendly :)). Entertainment was a tadge weak sometimes.... one night there was a Mr Bean video shown, a fashion show and BINGO but each to their own.
There's also an internet booth option in reception where you pay 1 Euro per 10 minutes which is a nice option should you need it. Or you could pay 6 Euros per day WIFI or 12 Euros 3 days etc etc.
Overall we would stay here again as it was really good value for money and we had a relaxing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The OLA Hotel Maioris is located in a wooded residential area, on the south-east coast of Majorca, right in the Puig den Ros development and features restaurants, bars, shops, supermarkets, hairdressing salon, etc.The complex is spread over three buildings, each with two lifts and issurrounded by magnificent gardens.There is a little rocky cove 900 m away. El Arenal, with its beache and vibrant night life is only a few kilometres away, and can be reached by using the hotel’s own transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Ebookers, ACCOR, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your OLA Hotel Maioris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Club Maioris Hotel El Arenal
- OLA Hotel Maioris Majorca/El Arenal
- Ola Hotel El Arenal
- Ola Maioris Club