OLA Hotel Maioris
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Best Delta(Puig de Ros)
Cap Rocat(Cala Blava)
Manaus(El Arenal)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mix Alea(El Arenal)
Santa Monica(El Arenal)
1,517 results
All reviewsfree busanimation teamresidential areasplash poolrocky coveblock bkids clubsnake showchildren and adultsmini clubtennis courtsbar staffevening entertainmentfishwater polofootball pitchtable tennis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. We had a fabulous time. Travelling with our 2 yr old, there was enough to keep her busy without too much effort for us. The hotel is in a quiet residential type area but has good bus access and also runs some free bus services. There is a supermarket a few mins walk away and a small complex of bars and restaurants round the corner should u want a change and it is not far to the more lively Arenal. We used the buses for a few days out but didn't feel the need to eat out as the food was excellent with different options each day. Drinks were of a decent quality too. It is quite a strenuous walk to the rocky coastline but is very pretty and fun for rock pooling.
There is wifi at an extra cost - 24 euros for the week or can pay daily. There are laundry facilities and all areas were very clean. Rooms were spacious. Service excellent. Staff so willing to help. I highly recommend this hotel. It went beyond my expectations.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Beth M
olahotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at OLA Hotel Maioris, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear customer,
Thanks a million for your great review about our hotel. Is a big motivation for all your staff to keep working during the season.
Our staff will be very grateful to know your good opinion about their work.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I read reviews before we arrived and put the dated rooms down as people being fussy, but after staying there I can say the decor of the room was my least worry! I will start my rant with the room since we're on the subject- damp ceiling, sharp metal edges, ants, beds are like prisoncell beds (my back is still yet to recover)
The most shocking point from a safety view is that the glass panel on the balcony to stop you falling to your death has a gap the size a baby or toddler could quite easily crawl under and since we were on the 5th floor it's safe to say that our 1year old never stepped foot on that balcony!!!!!!!

Food- The food was ok if you enjoy eating pork for lunch and dinner every day, the poor chef pepe did his best with the rubbish cuts of meat he had been provided with and I have to say he is very under appreciated- he was a great guy and was very welcoming and friendly yet whenever he spoke to guests the senior chef would come and tell him off which I found offensive and rude!

Health and Safety- uneven tiles in bar area which resulted in 4 people falling and injuring themselves, the worst being a woman knocked unconscious,
Dirty cups and plates left by sun loungers, no handwash in ladies toilets for almost a week, carpet in corridors smelt like wee- my issues with the room also fall under this category.

Entertainment-
For a hotel in such a remote area entertainment should be one of the strongest points, but to say it was bad is an understatement! !
The animation team seem to think people enjoy watching them prance about on stage in tacky costumes along to "head shoulders knees and toes"
The evening entertainment was absolutely dire. As for the kids club during the day- my child was given a balloon and a pen to draw a face on it- is that REALLY all they can think of ??
They have a full sized tennis court, mini golf and a full sized football pitch but the animation team never used them while we stayed there.
I am also concerned about the czech guy in the animation team as he started asking my husband questions about drugs much to our bewilderment- should someone with that attitude be working with children?....No!!!

To sum it up, this holiday was like a jail sentence for me and I was counting the days until I could go home. I hated it that much I actually felt depressed!
Even if I was paid I would never go back there.
(I would like to add that this is my 2nd review on this holiday as my 1st was deemed inappropriate)

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank LilyRose0319

Dear Customer, first of all, thank you very much for taking your time to write this review.
If you had contacted us during your stay we would have given you the necessary explanations.
Concerning the entertainment team, entertainers work hard to try that all our customers, especially the children, spend their holiday the best as possible.
We accept and appreciate all the reviews, so they help us to improve.
Kind regards from HOTEL OLA CLUB MAIORIS

Reviewed 28 July 2014

A nice hotel, with very good service and an excellent all inclusive menu.
The room was clean and comfortable, a fridge would have been nice as would Tea making facilities.
Plenty of sun beds around the pools, the pools are not large but never seemed over crowded with a life guard throughout the day.
The hotel is isolated and transport is needed if you want to go anywhere. The nearest sandy beach is a bus ride or taxi away in Arenal, the buses are cheap and very prompt to the timetable about 1.50 euro's each way, the taxi is about 10 euro's each way, Palma was 2.90 Euro's by bus and about 35 euro's by taxi.
There is a good supermarket and chemist about 15 minutes walk. But most of the bars, shops and restaurants are in Arenal.
If you want to flop in the sun, laze by the pool, and eat your fill I would highly recommend it.
If you like to fall out of the hotel into shops, bars and restaurants it's probably not for you.
The evening entertainment seemed to keep the children at the hotel happy, but won't be troubling Britain's got talent.
I didn't over hear any complaints from other guests which is always a good sign.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
6  Thank James W

Dear customer,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel, and taking the time to write it, they are very useful.
Don't have a doubt that we will consider your feedback to improve

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel club maioris last week all inclusive,have to say that reading reviews of this hotel we would go and see for ourselves which of the reviews were right. I do agree that it's not a 4 star more of a 3 plus,the rooms are dated but clean their is a choice for dinner each night, always chips potatoes chicken, pork, beef, and fish,as well as rice and pasta, the meat may not be the best of cuts,but there was always something for everybody. Breakfast was nice and lunch was much the same as the evening meal. The pool was always busy but that was to be expected for this time of year, if you wanted a sun lounger you would have to be up by 7:30am and put your towel down because after this you only had the choice if any, of the remote corners. The only negatives for us 2 adults and our 14 year old son was the location of the hotel it is remote,as described there are a couple of bars and restaurants about a ten minute walk away and 2 good supermarkets, the beach is well not a beach more or a rocky outcrop and is a 15-20 walk down a hill and then the walk back up it believe me don't even bother, go to Arenal for the beach instead. The evening entertainment apart from the magic show and the flamenco show was dire and that's being generous.The shows would be so much better if they had an outside space for them as the inconsiderate people don't care if you are sitting down waiting for the entertainment to start they just stand right in front of you so no one can see. But on the positive side they do offer free buses into town the staff were excellent and if you have little children the kids club and daytime activities are good,the bar staff gave you good size measures and the all inclusive was from 10-30 till 11-00 pm. So although they probably tick all the boxes to meet the four star rating it not a place we'll stay again there are much better quality hotels on offer. Reading some reviews about the hotel being fabulous and carnt wait to book again is a bitt baffling maybe they stayed at the hotel next door?

Room Tip: We had a pool side room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank wildvoice
olahotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at OLA Hotel Maioris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear customer,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel and taking the time to write this review. We will consider your feedback to improve

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I'm not one for writing reviews. But as I picked this hotel based on the reviews of trip advisor. I feel I have too.
I'm currently still staying here. Got another 5 days left.
Firstly, this is NOT 4 star. It's more a possible 3*. Some staff ok, but mostly seem like they don't want to be here, and you asking anything is a nuisance to them. We arrived about 10 am, and we're told no rooms you wait. So we waited 3 1/2 hours for one. Once in room ww were greatly disappointed. It's extremely basic. As for any TV viewing, forget it unless you like watching sky news or cnn 24/7. They cater for Spanish (obviously) and Germans.
We then go out to get some "all day snacks" by pool area. If your into dried out bread or wotsits, then great. But as we had no breakfast we were a tad hungry. We then went on the hunt for sunbeds. Quick scan it looks like no one sitting down. But to our dismay there all reserved with towels or anything they chuck on them, to claim there territories.
So we have to sit by bar if we wanted a swim. We finally make it to lunch, to find if your not in there at doors opening and you wait for crowd to go down. You go hungry. No food left.
So we are now on day 3. I was quick of the mark today and found me and my son a sun chair. :). But don't ask for coffee first thing. The say NO, you wait for restaurant. Which opens at 8. Don't know about everyone else, but I'm a swamp monster with out my morning coffee.
As for general stuff. It's way over crowded. Parts of building look like they in need of urgent repair. Internet (that you pay for), is dodgy at best of times. Rooms are not that air conditioned. It's more a slight cooler than out side. As for food, there is no way to say this politely. It's disgusting. We went out for dinner last night, just so we could actually eat.
So if your after cheap that doesn't cater for English, great go for it. But I would of rather had a caravan in England some where then this. Please for sake of your money and sanity, DO NOT come here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank poopsie154

Dear Customer, Thank you for taking the time to write this review about our hotel. We regret that you have left our hotel with that opinion.
Just a little comment. As you know, the official check-in at most hotels is 2 pm. Customers who leave the hotel, can be in the rooms until 12 am., Then we have to clean the rooms. If we have free rooms , we have no objection to let the customers go in to the room before. Unfortunately, at your arrival, and half of July, the hotel was full and it was not possible. However, you entered at the room before 14:00 hrs, although you had to wait a little.
Anyway, as I say thank you for the comment. For us it is important to know all the opinions of our guests, also of those who were dissatisfied. Have no doubt that we will use these reviews to improve in the future.
Kind regardas from all staff from HOTEL OLA CLUB MAIORIS