“Hotel Palma Mazas”
Review of Hotel Palma Mazas

Hotel Palma Mazas
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a 4 day short break in August 2014, we found the staff friendly and always on hand to help with any questions.
The rooms were clean but very basic, they were cleaned on a daily basis and towels were changed.
The breakfast was continental which we didn't enjoy, but there was always a variation for lunch and dinner, the only down side was they didn't have a children's menu.
The outdoor areas were cleaned daily and well attended to, the pool was a little on the small side for the amount of guests and there was limited sun beds on the sun deck.
There wasn't a lot to do in the evening as there was no entertainment in the hotel,
There is a water park at the end of the road, which we found was ok but expensive, it is 26 euros entrance, then once your in you have to rent a locker 7e, the donuts which you use for the slides 12 e, sun beds 3.50e, on the whole a very expensive day out!!!
There was a walk of about 10/15 minutes to the beach which was a lovely place and again this was cleaned daily.
On the whole we had a pleasant trip, would we go back? Probably not because of the lack of entertainment.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I arrived at hotel Palma Mazas 1 at 01.30 am only to be told that I needed to walk 100 metres down the road to Palma Mataz 2. Mix up with room size allocation i.e not enough beds in room. Hotel needed a complete refurbishment about 20 years ago! Very thin walls, gaps around windows, holes in doors, no air con. Noise from other residents travels very far including drunken groups carrying on their partying into the early hours, rowdy lads trashing their room and adult 'bedroom activities'. Food OK, good range of salad but geared towards German guests, my children lived off chips! Not many British about, definitely a German hotel. All inclusive deal includes meals and drinks but does not include snacks. No entertainment in hotel.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet don't go.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I checked into Hotel Palma Maza and was told I was in Hotel Palma Maza 2 which was a few minutes away. The receptionist was reasonably okay in a matter of fact kind of way, not welcome to your holiday! The room was very basic but you get what you pay for in this hotel.

The walls were freshly painted and for some reason only had half a bath tub. Breakfast was to be had in this hotel but all other meals were at the Hotel Palma Maza. Breakfast consisted of a few different hams, bread rolls, sugar puffs and rice crispies and toast! The worst continental breakfast I have had. Lunch and dinner you have one meat and one fish option but was nice and there is an extensive salad bar.

The drinks are until 11pm and are not watered down. There is no entertainment and the staff are not happy in their work.

There is a young lad on reception though and is extremely helpful so wait until he is on shift to ask any questions you may have. The management do nothing to unruly guests. We had a stag party and same sex groups who were very disruptive and swearing in front of the children. They were throwing water across the bar on the floor and the management did nothing.

The area itself is very German based, I walked 2 hours and did not hear a single English voice. All the shops are geared up for the Germans to. I would not have minded but I do not speak German.

I knew it was a 2 star so was expecting awful meals and rooms but the running riot of guests I did not and for this reason I will never return to this hotel. This is my first bad review on tripadvisor.

Room Tip: There is two views. One over the pool and one of the street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank twiceshy1
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

DONT go there
We are just the average,working no thrills couple from the uk
We stayed there for 1 week all inclusive NEVER again
That place is a S**t hole
Food I wouldnt give to my dogs
Beer in vending cups
Rooms filthy
And all the reception and bar staff rude especially the fat barman that arrives on a moped,you must show him your empty plastic cup before he will give you a refill
The toilets next to the dining room always smelt like raw sewerage
Checkout time is 1200hrs and your arm bands are cut off and you are basically told that you must leave the premises
Please people don't go there I no you would be disappointed

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Tonnick
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I really liked the hotel ,the staff were friendly,food good standard for what i paid and although the place was old it was well looked after and had been refurbed.The pool wasnt very big but clean.This is a german resort so dont expect to meet many Brits .The German kids were ok ,but they are kids and they are very noisy at night,So are the Dutch kids .I think they were re running the worldcup at 2 in the morning outside my room .My advice try to find out if they are booked in before you make a reservation .Yes i would use this place again .Make sure you are booked in at the right palma mazas ,as there is another place down the road palma mazas 2

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was our first trip to Majorca and we really enjoyed it! If you're looking to save some pennies along the way this is what to look out for ...

On arrival at Majorca airport, look out for the Number 21 public bus which will take you to the beachfront in S'Arenal. This is the last stop on this route. The tickets cost EUR3.50 per person compared to EUR20.00 for a taxi. Bus tickets to Palma City Centre (Bus No. 23) cost EUR 1.50 per person.

Location
From the bus stop, the hotel is within walking distance (about a ten minute walk).
You will need to count 10 roads till you get to the one which will lead you up a steep hill. At the Tabacos shop on your left, turn right and walk past the El Nilo restaurant. A little further up the road you'll see a flashing red & green pharmacy sign. Turn left and then first right onto Calle Girona.

You will come to the first of two Palma Mazas hotels. Pop in to double check which one you're staying in. (The second hotel is a little further up the same road)

This hotel was clean and our rooms were cleaned every day. Each room has its own balcony, shower and toilet. Very basic but that's all we needed. The staff could do with some hospitality lessons! Also - the staff did not have a great grasp of the English language so make sure you brush up on your Spanglish and hand signs ;-)

Check in is at 1400 hours and check out is at 1200 hours. On check out, the hotel did allow us to leave our baggage with them until we were ready to catch the bus (No. 21) back to the airport.

Breakfast is REALLY bleak and consists of bread which you have to toast yourself, rolls, cheese (on alternate days), poloni, salami, two types of yoghurt, fruit juices and coffee. Now - if you are a coffee lover like me their coffee is DEFINITELY NOT going to do it for you!!!!! Seriously, take a travel kettle and buy some coffee in one of the deli shops! The little Spar between Palma Mazas 1 and 2 has a kettle and cooler box to rent for EUR 2.00 each per day and they do sell ice and make lovely baguettes.

Lunch
Selection of meat, fish, salads, veggies and fries. Desserts are one type of fruit ie watermelon or melon and a type of pudding, cake and jelly.

Dinner
As above, but they did have a really lovely beef stew and paella which we really enjoyed.

Drinks
If you are on a fully inclusive basis, then this should work ok but if not, you are looking at paying ERU1.80 for a little plastic cup of juice or water each time you order and EUR3.50 for a terrible cup of coffee. Drinking water is not provided in your rooms so would suggest you stock up at the Spar and take back to the hotel with you.

Safe facilities
EUR 60.00 refundable deposit, plus EUR 2.00 per day.

Swimming pool
Kept mostly clean but as mentioned by another reviewer you will only get 3 - 4 hours sunbathing time, the rest of the time, it is a good shady place to relax and escape the heat & the sun. Average temperatures while we were there was about 30C.

Although this is rated a family hotel, I would have to disagree. EVERY single night we had rowdy groups of guys each trying to outdo each other on the macho and alcohol consumption scales. We literally did not get one good nights sleep.

Aqua Land is very close by and within easy walking distance. Ten minutes max. If you buy a Europe Internet Pass (GBP 5.00 per day, which expires at midnight each day) Google maps will get you there with no problems. STOCK UP ON FOOD, WATER AND DRINKS BEFORE YOU GET THERE!!!

2 Adults & 1 Child entry came to EUR72.00 (with a EUR 2.00 discount per person obtained on a flyer on arrival at Palma airport)
Once you get in you will then need to fork out another EUR14.00 for a double tube in order to be able to go down any of the slides. EUR 2.00 is refundable. The slides were good fun but the queues quite long.

The beachfront in Arenal is lovely and lively. Great choice of restaurants & cocktail bars. Lots of shops to stock up on souvenirs, towels, lilos etc.

Tourist attractions
The gothic Cathedral in Palma is jaw dropping! Closed on Sundays.
Tapas Club in Portixo has a lovely menu selection with very friendly staff and a beautiful little bay which is not as populated as the one in Arenal.

7  Thank Irene G
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I made my booking via lowcostholidays ofr Palma Mazas(Palma Mazas 2) Half Bord. But no one could tell me which of them we would be. When we arrived we went in Palma Mazas and on the reception (very unfriendly girl) said to us that we are booked for Palma Mazas 2 which is 100 meter away. I asked her why, but she just said me, because you are booked for there. Ok, we went there, and more unfriendly woman give us keys and said to us that the breakfast is here, but the dinner is in Palma Mazas. The room - yes I know that is cheap hotel, but.... bathroom dirty, ugly. Inside smell very bad, it is normal windows, not double glazing. It was very noisy every night, you can hear everything happened outside. The breakfast - every morning absolutely the same and more than cheap. 2 various salami, one morning cheese next not. The dinner from 8 night 3 of them was the same too. Bad point is that usually they prepared one seafood and one meat. But sometimes meat smell and taste bad, and you actually do not have a choice. There is Wi-fi but cost you £4 per day or 14 per week. Sun lit the pool about 3-4 hours and there are about 10 lounges. If you are all inclusive there is nothing else than alcohol (not chips, salads, sandwiches ...). I saw some reviews said that they are very friendly, I don't think so.

Room Tip: I was at 407 no glazed look to pool, very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
#24 of 44 in El Arenal
Manaus
Manaus
#21 of 44 in El Arenal

Been to Hotel Palma Mazas? Share your experiences!