“surprising lovely!”
Review of Hotel Palma Mazas

Hotel Palma Mazas
Ranked #38 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Must admit we were worried after reading other reviews, but honestly it's fine, we wanted a cheap holiday and booked this through holiday gems before reading reviews and must admit the hotel was fine. hotel was kept lovely and clean, maids emptied bins, made beds and clean towels 5 days out of the 7 we stayed, clean sheets 3 times. staff were fine, special mention to the older (moped riding) barman pep`e, who was funny and brilliant, food was edible definitely more geared towards the other European palates, but there was always something we could eat. hotel is 10 mins max walk to the beach front, so ideal for nice walks at any time, we met a few other brits there, also met Germans & french and we all got along fine ;-) and yes there is a patch if ground next to hotel where 16 (yes I counted! ) cats live and yes I would buy a pack of cold meat and feed them lol. I totally agree with other comments some entertainment would defoe lift this to a good 3 star hotel. overall we All loved our week stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Scots_Chick_11

Reviewed 10 August 2014

my husband and i and my two sisters have just come back from a one week at the hotel booked into 1 arrived at 3.30 in the morning and got told we are booked into palma maza 2 that was strike 1 and when we got there and got told about breakfast,lunch and dinner strike 2 after 2 days of being there i asked about snacks for my 14yr old sister and they said we had to wait for dinner or pay more money and go out and get something strike 3 NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a 4 day short break in August 2014, we found the staff friendly and always on hand to help with any questions.
The rooms were clean but very basic, they were cleaned on a daily basis and towels were changed.
The breakfast was continental which we didn't enjoy, but there was always a variation for lunch and dinner, the only down side was they didn't have a children's menu.
The outdoor areas were cleaned daily and well attended to, the pool was a little on the small side for the amount of guests and there was limited sun beds on the sun deck.
There wasn't a lot to do in the evening as there was no entertainment in the hotel,
There is a water park at the end of the road, which we found was ok but expensive, it is 26 euros entrance, then once your in you have to rent a locker 7e, the donuts which you use for the slides 12 e, sun beds 3.50e, on the whole a very expensive day out!!!
There was a walk of about 10/15 minutes to the beach which was a lovely place and again this was cleaned daily.
On the whole we had a pleasant trip, would we go back? Probably not because of the lack of entertainment.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I arrived at hotel Palma Mazas 1 at 01.30 am only to be told that I needed to walk 100 metres down the road to Palma Mataz 2. Mix up with room size allocation i.e not enough beds in room. Hotel needed a complete refurbishment about 20 years ago! Very thin walls, gaps around windows, holes in doors, no air con. Noise from other residents travels very far including drunken groups carrying on their partying into the early hours, rowdy lads trashing their room and adult 'bedroom activities'. Food OK, good range of salad but geared towards German guests, my children lived off chips! Not many British about, definitely a German hotel. All inclusive deal includes meals and drinks but does not include snacks. No entertainment in hotel.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet don't go.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I checked into Hotel Palma Maza and was told I was in Hotel Palma Maza 2 which was a few minutes away. The receptionist was reasonably okay in a matter of fact kind of way, not welcome to your holiday! The room was very basic but you get what you pay for in this hotel.

The walls were freshly painted and for some reason only had half a bath tub. Breakfast was to be had in this hotel but all other meals were at the Hotel Palma Maza. Breakfast consisted of a few different hams, bread rolls, sugar puffs and rice crispies and toast! The worst continental breakfast I have had. Lunch and dinner you have one meat and one fish option but was nice and there is an extensive salad bar.

The drinks are until 11pm and are not watered down. There is no entertainment and the staff are not happy in their work.

There is a young lad on reception though and is extremely helpful so wait until he is on shift to ask any questions you may have. The management do nothing to unruly guests. We had a stag party and same sex groups who were very disruptive and swearing in front of the children. They were throwing water across the bar on the floor and the management did nothing.

The area itself is very German based, I walked 2 hours and did not hear a single English voice. All the shops are geared up for the Germans to. I would not have minded but I do not speak German.

I knew it was a 2 star so was expecting awful meals and rooms but the running riot of guests I did not and for this reason I will never return to this hotel. This is my first bad review on tripadvisor.

Room Tip: There is two views. One over the pool and one of the street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank twiceshy1
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

DONT go there
We are just the average,working no thrills couple from the uk
We stayed there for 1 week all inclusive NEVER again
That place is a S**t hole
Food I wouldnt give to my dogs
Beer in vending cups
Rooms filthy
And all the reception and bar staff rude especially the fat barman that arrives on a moped,you must show him your empty plastic cup before he will give you a refill
The toilets next to the dining room always smelt like raw sewerage
Checkout time is 1200hrs and your arm bands are cut off and you are basically told that you must leave the premises
Please people don't go there I no you would be disappointed

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Tonnick
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I really liked the hotel ,the staff were friendly,food good standard for what i paid and although the place was old it was well looked after and had been refurbed.The pool wasnt very big but clean.This is a german resort so dont expect to meet many Brits .The German kids were ok ,but they are kids and they are very noisy at night,So are the Dutch kids .I think they were re running the worldcup at 2 in the morning outside my room .My advice try to find out if they are booked in before you make a reservation .Yes i would use this place again .Make sure you are booked in at the right palma mazas ,as there is another place down the road palma mazas 2

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
#11 of 44 in El Arenal
azuLine Hotel Bahamas
azuLine Hotel Bahamas
#5 of 44 in El Arenal

Been to Hotel Palma Mazas? Share your experiences!