“Great hotel”
Review of Amazonas Hotel

Amazonas Hotel
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel was slightly apprehensive before visiting with bad reviews but hotel staff were great with our 4 year old son hotel has been renovated and food was very good in main restaurant and pool bar ...little bit noisy at night with german youngsters but if you are like me a people watcher excellent entertainment. ...overall great holiday but could do with a fridge in rooms and better air conditioning but you can speed up the room fan I found ...really impressed with staff and would return only 2 mins walk from beach and harbour

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank marriedhere

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The food is as basic as you can imagine and very little to choose from. Our hotel overbooked and sent us here for one night. Faulty keys, a ceiling fan with no air con and nothing to do. No music or entertainment. Would never return

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Jemmaparker
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have recently returned from a short break at this hotel and thank he lord it wasn't a week, during the day this hotel is pleasant with lovely pool, sunbathing area and gardens, but after dark and all night long its a living nightmare. We were kept awake each night until 5-6 in the morning by German lads running up and down the corridor, hammering on doors and shouting and yelling. I wouldn't want to spoil anyone's holiday but the unspoken rule is to respect each other?? I gave in on the 3rd night at 3.40 and again at 5.20 and called security. We have all been young and I have no problem with youths enjoying themselves but this was ridiculous. I wish I had paid more attention to the reviews, so if you are thinking of booking please think again it is all true. Like I say lovely hotel before dark!,

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank WLHBucks
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel (I just about managed to cope).

Good points are the drink selection is quite good,and hotel is right next to the beach.The hotel is also very clean.

Hotel is more like a hostel, I don't understand the 3 star.

The rooms had actual door keys and not cards, a bit like Victorian times!

I am very shocked to see that rooms had no TV, Fridge or hairdryers (these are basics that even hostels have).

Rooms had no air con just an overhead fan which meant that the room was very hot

The balcony door broke on arrival.

The highchairs in the dining room also had no straps so very unsafe for a baby,the chair arm broke too (on our last day we discovered that they had bought new ones- they must have felt ashamed of the old ones)

Food very bland and boring. It was mostly cold, with a small selection.

Had to use the microwave to heat up food which was a put off!

No entertainment what so ever,not even music via a radio.

Not a suitable hotel for young children or disabled people as they are many stairs to use to access the pool area and bar area.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank CFRAN186338
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We were expecting a bit of a dump having opted for one of the cheaper hotels all inclusive for a few days. We were pleasantly surprised - overall the hotel was clean, good service, nice food and plenty of drinks! Yes, it was full of Germans - but talk to them, they're nice!

The rooms are pretty basic - no fridge, tv etc. There was an overhead fan rather than air conditioning, which made a bt of a racket, but wasn't really the end of the world. The room was cleaned every day, fresh towels, and a decent bathroom with a good shower.
The pool area was great - lovely big pool, sun all day, but probably short a few sunbeds if you only came down at lunchtime. The pool area is locked until 9am, so no towels on beds overnight....

The food was good enough - no lobster and steak, but a decent enough variety, plenty of it, and very nice chips if you can't find anything else you like. It would have been nice if the dining room stayed open a bit later then 9pm - by the time you've sat out on the terrace enjoying a few sundowners, then gone up to change, you could be a bit pushed for time.
The bar staff don't speak great English, but they are very friendly and attempts to speak Spanish win you very generous measures of vodka...

The location is good - it's only about 20 mins from the airport, it's near a nice beach, with a parade of shops/bars. I'm not sure there would be enough restaurants to keep me interested if I was there for 2 weeks self catered, probably only a handful within 20 minutes walk, but may be more if you go a bit further.

If you're looking for luxury, then keep walking - but otherwise I'd definitely recommend it, and would go back myself if I wanted a similar sunny break on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jo S
Reviewed 24 August 2013

After reading the reviews I was a bit scared... however, for me and my boyfriend the hotel was very good.
The staff at the reception, bar and dining area were very friendly, polite and helpful; we were welcomed nicely, given information on how to use buses;
We had all inclusive, and did enjoy the food. There was a variety of food to choose from, each day, at least one meal different; quality of food good too, tasty and warm; there were also some desserts such cakes, ice creams, fruits; the dining area very clean, and each table cleaned immediately after a customer left. the bar also offered a variety of alcohol, fizzy and non fizzy drinks.
The rooms were clean; towels and blankets changed everyday; shower facilities and toilets clean;
The location of the hotel very good; nice beach just minutes away, lots of souvenir shops, bars, restaurants, pubs; also bus stops, which run each 10 min to Palma.
The only 'down' thing, was that in the bar area, there was only German tv playing... Both with my boyfriend think it would be better if they would play some music instead to meet all the guests, which are not only German.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Iza2302
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The food was ok and the pool was fantastic but apart from that I certainly cant praise it anymore. All I can say is that this hotel is Solely designed and aimed at the German market.....! The beach is only a stones through away from the stunning beach and is surrounded by some really nice restaurants but it is so noisy at night with people going out who find it hard to close a door properly. There are no kids clubs as we found out, although when we enquired we were told that they will only enquire for the German children. The food will rotate from bland to slightly bland. The rooms are basic, very basic, Bed, bed side table and dresser, that's it

Very dissappointed

Room Tip: The rooms have NO AC...not sure which side of the hotel is best but I can say that if you have a roo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family