“not a 4 star”

Mediterranean Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Im still in the hotel and although is brand new and looks lovely, I really don't think is worth 4*. A 3 PLUS MAYBE
Rooms are a bit small but again I'm on my own, so I can handle it. Shower is very good!! breakfast is good, with lots of options but I stayed in other 4* and they could improve. ( again only a suggestion)
Staff very very friendly!!!and helpful! which is very very unusual for Spain!( sorry if I'm honest) no complaint here.
Pool and Jacuzzi are a plus!!

Downside: Please take note of the following!!!
BED: very very cheap mattress, if you spent a lot on the front and reception and pool, seams a waste to give us such a bad quality mattress! after all this is a 4*. even premier inn has better beds
PILLOWS! GOD!!! where to start I asked for 2 extra pillows! they are like the ones I used to have when I was a kid. so soft and bad quality. don't know how to explain! very uncomfortable
Again if I go to a hotel is because I want a good night sleep. I'm afraid I had not have one!!
Walls.. because im on business and the hotel is full of cheerful Germans and the walls are so thin, and I can hear everything from my next door neighbors ( they are bloody loud too) is very difficult to have a good sleep...

Also 48 Hotels don't ask for deposit for tv remote control. if you want one you must collect from reception and leave 20 euros.

this is why im only giving 3* sorry
is it worth what you pay? not sure my company pay for this, so I can not tell you.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MAXC1917
There are newer reviews for Mediterranean Bay Hotel

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Me and my friends all thought this hotel was lovely, nice staff, lovely clean rooms, really good value all inclusive deal - the food was fresh and very nice, bottles of wine in the dining room and beer and soft drinks on tap to help yourself to, so no need to keep tipping waiters each time - also the rooms were really clean and modern. They were a little bit on the small side, but not a problem, rooms were cleaned every day we were there. The swimming pool was better than it looks in the hotel pics and the bar and outside area were really nice. For the money, I really cannot fault this hotel. Bus No. 23 goes to centre of Palma from about 70 yards away from the hotel, and along the seafront the No. 15 and No. 25 go regularly to Palma, stopping in the cathedral area, which was great, with restaurants and bars in nice squares etc. We saved our money and gave the waiter/restaurant staff/cleaner a good tip at the end of the holiday as they were always very pleasant and worked hard.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carolyn Amanda O
Reviewed 2 October 2012

All good so far after reading some negative reports, only been here 3 days out of 10 and I am sure things can only get better, room lovely and clean, at the front of the hotel but very quiet when double glazing shut, nice to be able to look out and watch the world go by. Food really good and plenty of choice.The staff are really hard working and very friendly.Beach and marina are both just down the end of the road.I just felt that these negative reports are not warrented and wanted to correct this whilst I was sstill here

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2012

very nice resort if can understand german, the beach is massive (5km) and very full but very quiet, hotel rooms are very small, very hard bed, good breakfast, good room service, went to palma nova every night approx 40 euro's each way, if you want to go somewhere where you wont bump into someone you now a bit of german then this is the place for you

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

looks and feels like a 4 star ,but poor air conditioning ,smells from the sinks and broken shower heads in most rooms were annoying.My biggest issue it that the hotel have had loads of previous complaints about the air conditioning - but have chosen to ignore them and if it was much hotter ,I would have stayed somewhere else.
The weather was perfect 75 each day...but we must have proper air conditioning.If your there between June to early September...I would NOT reccommend the hotel as the rooms are tiny and would be too hot.
Service was great...friendly...drinking at the hotel was not expensive...breakfast(we were on B&B) was good.Location for area perfect.
Plus we need at least 2 english TV channels please! (there were NONE!)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This was our second visit to this hotel. I read some of the negative comments I feel people are very petty. Firstly this is not a hotel with lots of British most of the guests come from all over Europe, so if you are looking for lots of Brits then I suppose this isn't the place for you. Secondly this is the cleanest Hotel I have stayed in. The cleaners work constantly polishing mopping etc and immaculate shiny floors. Food is buffet style you will always find something you like. We were all inclusive so we had endless supplies of local beers and wine. I suppose if I was to be a bit picky the glasses for the beer are on the small size. Ana on reception is lovely, her English is not perfect but she understood everything we asked. We loved Miguel who serves tirelessly on the bar always has a smile on his face even though some nights he had a large queue. Two pools one at the front one at the back. Although the one at the front is just for dipping/jacuzzi not big enough to swim really. Loads of sunbeds no need to worry you would not get one. Arenal is quite a nice resort nice beach which is 5 mins walk down the hill.
Ignore any negative comments about this hotel as they are unjust. If you want somewhere quick transfer from Palma airport (10mins) no kids & spotless give it a try. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms are quite small but avoid the first floor as they don't get much sun on the balconies as t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Phil D
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My mom an I stayed 5 days at this hotel and are very happy overal!
The hotel (outside and inside) and the rooms are very modern, clean,courteous, nice and look beautifull! Ok, the rooms are not very big, but they are practical with a very nice shower, closet, balcony,..and are very clean!
Food was good, lot of choice and when you have all inclusice there is a free pic nic service!!
The city Arenal is crowded, but inside the hotel it's quiet, restful. (no loud people or youth)
The pools, outside areas and restaurant are very nice and cosy.
The staff at reception and restaurant are good (friendly, helpful). Also the cleaning ladys.
The only disadvantage that we have is that bar service is not always good (one of the staff members is a bit anoying, sometimes long waiting times, not two drinks at the time).

But overall very nice hotel were we had a nice and restfull stay.

Wencke, Belgium

#70 of 78 in Playa de Palma
Hotel Don Pepe
Hotel Don Pepe
#4 of 44 in El Arenal

Been to Mediterranean Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!