Hotel Torre Azul & Spa - Adults Only
Hotel Pinero Tal(El Arenal)
US$101
US$96
  • Restaurant
Hotel Garau(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Beachfront
azuLine Hotel Bahamas & Bahamas II(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$98
US$80
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Xapala(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$74
US$66
  • Restaurant
Mediterranean Bay Hotel(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$102
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mix Alea(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$83
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewssteam roomhalf boardbuilding workbroadway travellovely hotelshort breaksea frontbottle of champagnehired bikespool area is smallbed and breakfaststeep hillbuffet stylesun traplovely rooma lovely staybit dated
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went on a 4 day holiday and I must say I was I bit worried about the hotel etc. But It was fantastic. . The spa was out of this world, you did not need to pay, also pool towels, and even better you keep your room till you go to the airport, we left ours at 6pm. I can not believe what people are going on about, the food was very good always something if you are a fussy person.
Staff were great and so helpful . Hope to return next year if not before.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank christine k
Reviewed 18 May 2014

What can I say but fantastic in every way. Attention to detail is in the style cleanliness of the place and in the friendly and professional manner of all staff. Room spacious excellant sea view and it was ready despite use arriving earlier thsn check in. Food well presented clean and very tasty. Loads of waiting staff to answer to your needs.
The spa well it is out of this world we had the place to ourselves. What with the steam room sauna and the massive hot tub with massaging jets pure heaven. The heated sun loungers were the best.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view tend to be higher up we were on 12th floor which was the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Glencoe Event M
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Like a lot of others on here, myself and my partner went recently for a four night break at this hotel. We paid very little money frankly for half board, and werent expecting an awful lot. We were seriously surprised. Definitely the best hotel I've stayed in in Spain (mainland or islands). Can definitely tell its been very recently renovated.

Plus points:
- Lovely foyer area
- Very nice bar area, at prices pretty much the same or cheaper than further into the resort
- Large clean well appointed rooms
- Nice staff, helpful and polite
- Food overall very good - did have an off night or two with limited choice, but otherwise we ate well (and we are fussy eaters!).
- Spa is fantastic. Small but intimate, done up to an exceptionally high standard (the pictures arent lying!), done an awful lot with the space. Extremely impressive.
- Close to the marina and resort area, very quick (if steep) walk to the beach.

Negative points:
- Pool area, though very nice, was small - the hotel was clearly not full but would not have liked to see the pool area in peak season. Think it will become very busy indeed.
- The area is slightly set back from the main front, and is at one end of the resort. Combined with this, there is some major building work going on opposite, and the building opposite is relatively run down. The hotel is also right beside a school which results in a bit of noise. I would not, in any circumstances, stay here if I did not have a pool or sea view room - just not a good attractive view at all, and would definitely put me off my holiday.
- Restaurant was very hot - I heard several complaints about the heat in the restaurant, and this was not even close to summer heat. It would appear that it isnt air conditioned (or it wasnt turned on) - would be very uncomfortable in the heat of summer.
- Air conditioning in the room didnt seem to work pretty much at all (although no idea if this was just limited to us - it didnt really get hot enough to require it).

All in all, a really delightful stay. However, I personally wouldnt stay here during peak season until there are more reviews given the issues mentioned about small pool area and air conditioning. I would also be reluctant to spend big money on it, despite its 4* status, due to the location being slightly out and also not at a particularly British resort. Bear in mind the above review is based on a very low cost holiday.

Also bear in mind that this is a very German speaking resort - I'm sure it gets more of a mix over the summer, but if British bars are your thing, we only found one (and it wasnt great!).

We spoke to a few others and overheard conversations, and it seems everyone was very impressed with their stay (no doubt some people have reviewed below!).

PS: Easy to get the bus to local attractions (Waterpark is walking distance), wouldnt bother with taxis. Can get the bus to Palma or Palma Aquarium from either the beach front (about 15 minute walk) or literally just round the corner from the hotel (NOT on the same road as the hotel as we stupidly made the mistake of waiting for the bus there!). Costs only 1.5 euros for any journey.

Room Tip: Higher rooms better, MUST get sea or pool view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrShed
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We came here for a short break without the kids. It's an adults only hotel. We were in room 916, it was very nice. Clean, nicely decorated and newly furnished. We had a sea view which was preferable to the pool view (but that's only my preference). Our bed was 2 twins placed next to each other, a double would have been better but it wasn't a clincher.
The spa was amazing! Unmanned, and you collect towels from reception. Gorgeous pool with various fantastic jacuzzi things and massaging water shoots including a bubbly bed-thing which I wanted to take home with me, saunas, steam room, a jet shower and bucket plunge. You could also book a massage if you wished but we didn't do this so can't comment.
The food was good. The salad choices were delicious, I didn't have much hot food but what I had was tasty. Desserts varied but there was always fruit and ice cream.
The pool was great. Very deep, not huge but the hotel isn't large. There was hardly anyone in the pool so it's size was immaterial. There is a bar next to the pool and plenty of chairs, tables and sun loungers. There is a childrens nursery next door and when they are outside playing you can hear them, otherwise there's little noise from them.
The staff are friendly and helpful. Some of them don't speak much English but are still polite.
Wifi is available in the lounges, reception area, and bar. It's a short walk downhill to the beach.
We would recommend this hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Together with 6 other friends we booked this hotel with Broadway Travel via Travelzoo. What a little gem. The hotel was excellent value for money, great location a 5 minute walk to the beautiful spacious sandy beach, lots of nice affordable restaurants and bars and a 10 ride on bus 23 into down town Palma which is a great little City for a day trip. The hotel staff were friendly and very accommodating. The hotel had I believe been recently refurbished to a very high standard with a spacious lounge areas and a large comfortable bar area, always very clean. We were on half board with plenty of choice at breakfast and dinner. Drinks from the bar very reasonably priced , decent house wine for euro 10 a bottle. I'd recommend this hotel for a short break out of season. The pool was nice but probably a bit on the small size for a hotel of this size during the peak season, although there's a very large sandy beach a short walk

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends