Arrived to find the hotel in a run down part of the resort, on entering the hotel, it looked liked a backpackers hostel as it was full of very young people on their way home. Not the best first impression! Had a room over looking the pool, the pool itself was clean but the surrounding area needed a lot of attention. Room OK, clean but very small bathroom but adequate.
First night food really was not very good at all, but it did get better as the week went on, you certainly wouldn't starve. Was woken at 4AM, by shouting and laughing from the room next door, through very thin walls, called reception but nothing happened we were kept awake for the REST of the night. It transpired however that the two "ladies" next door had brought back a couple of men they had met that night, evidently the night manager didn't see them come in or turned a blind eye to strangers entering the hotel!! Got up next morning and changed rooms.
The air con in all the rooms is inadequate, yes it works if you stand underneath it, but you cannot roll your bed near it!! You also cannot open you balcony door as you will be kept awake by the shouting and screaming in the streets below, then when the last of the revellers go home, the maids start talking loudly!!
Breakfast, ok ish.
There is no entertainment, on being asked why, the hotel management said the "young people don't like it".
Sitting outside the pool bar one evening, a very strange lady appeared wanting to talk to everybody in what we think was Russian, either very drunk or very high, evidently known to the bar man as he gave her another drink, we then left.
The last night, sitting there counting down the hours to our flight, a group of german "gentlemen" arrived, had showers then stood naked on the balcony whilst drying themselves, then proceeded to sit down in all their glory, thank god they were obese, still a sight for sore eyes, let alone the kiddies playing in the park behind the hotel!! Management told,eyes were rolled, but nothing done.
We met a lovely couple form Dublin, who had arrived the previous Saturday, she said as soon as they arrived, she had burst into tears in the bedroom as they couldn't quite believe the hell hole they had walked into.
A four star ADULTS only hotel this definitely is NOT. Possibly at a push a 2 star, which would happily cater for club 18 - 30's.
By the way, you do have to pay to use (yes use!!) the SPA, treatments you always expect to pay for, but not to pay to go in especially if guests of the hotel.
However, I will end up on one positive note, the bed and the pillows were very comfortable, just wish we could have actually slept in them!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We want to welcome you to Hotel Torre Azul, hoping that you will meet all your expectations of information about our facilities, services, offers and of course about the Playa de Palma. Built in 1968, updated in 1982 and completely refurbished in 2012. It is located in the Arenal area, in the municipality of Llucmajor. It is 350 meters from the Playa de Palma and the Arenal Yacht Club. Aqualand Water Park is located very close to the hotel .. The hotel has 133 double rooms. All rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi Internet (free), satellite plasma TV, air conditioning and heating, direct dial telephone, safe (for rent), minibar (fridge function), balcony, complete bathroom with welcome products, and hairdryer. Our rooms decorated with modern features, sea views, spaciousness and the fabulous climate of our island will offer you a pleasant stay. • Our services: Free bicycle garage with hangers, lockers and washing station. Reception 24 hours, Environmental Music in common areas, Reading Room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Torre Azul & Spa - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Azul Hotel El Arenal
- Hotel Torre Azul & Spa - Adults Only Majorca/El Arenal