The best point about this hotel is its modern and clean rooms. Although we had two single beds instead of a more logical double bed for a married couple.. This might be why this hotel has earned 4* because the rest is only worth a maximum of 3*.
The hotel as a whole is decent, located a bit further away from the busy, noisy streets, bars and clubs which is good if you’re looking for a relaxing holiday (although I wouldn’t recommend El Arenal at all if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday), but still only a few hundred meters away from the beach.
I would feel quite satisfied about my stay there if the food was not so bad. Everything is bland, tasteless and very repetitive. If I had to go back I would book it on breakfast only and go somewhere else for lunch and dinner.
They also use very cheap “techniques” to get you to spend more if you did not choose the All inclusive option: as half board, you have dinner there and are entitled to tap water. However, they unplug the machines giving out the tap water blaming an electricity fault so that you buy bottled water or any other drink. And by the morning, the same machines are all back in service because they also serve the (disgusting) juices. These “techniques” are definitely not those of a 4* hotel..
Another inconvenience is the wi-fi which is only available and at very slow speed in the lobby. Again, not worth of a 4* hotel..
Swimming pool is also very small with only a few long chairs so I would not count on spending my days there.
All in all, I would only go there if you’re not planning on enjoying the hotel facilities too much, if you’re just booking it to sleep there, and if you do not care much about what you’re eating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We want to welcome you to Hotel Torre Azul, hoping that you will meet all your expectations of information about our facilities, services, offers and of course about the Playa de Palma. Built in 1968, updated in 1982 and completely refurbished in 2012. It is located in the Arenal area, in the municipality of Llucmajor. It is 350 meters from the Playa de Palma and the Arenal Yacht Club. Aqualand Water Park is located very close to the hotel .. The hotel has 133 double rooms. All rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi Internet (free), satellite plasma TV, air conditioning and heating, direct dial telephone, safe (for rent), minibar (fridge function), balcony, complete bathroom with welcome products, and hairdryer. Our rooms decorated with modern features, sea views, spaciousness and the fabulous climate of our island will offer you a pleasant stay. • Our services: Free bicycle garage with hangers, lockers and washing station. Reception 24 hours, Environmental Music in common areas, Reading Room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Torre Azul & Spa - Adults Only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Azul Hotel El Arenal
- Hotel Torre Azul & Spa - Adults Only Majorca/El Arenal