My husband and I have just returned from a 4 night, all-inclusive short stay at the Blue Sea Costa Verde hotel in El Arenal, Mallorca.
Contrary to what a lot of other reviews say we found it to be a great place and we had a very pleasant stay.
We arrived late in the evening on our first night and were warmly greeted by the lady on reception, swiftly checked-in and then taken to the restaurant where she unlocked the doors and let us go in to help ourselves to cold drinks and a snack buffet. Very welcome after a long journey, a lovely start.
Our room was basic but more than adequate. It was very clean and the bathroom was spotless! The maids came in every day and made our beds, cleaned up and changed our towels. The ceiling fan kept the room cool and the shower was very powerful. The only negative I would say about the room was that it was very close to the building opposite so was overlooked which meant we didn't want to open the curtains or use the balcony but you cant have everything!
The grounds of the hotel are lovely, lots of trees providing welcome shady areas but also lots of sunny areas too. The pool is a good size and is half shallow and half deep with a small padding pool for the little ones. It was very well maintained, everyday the water quality was checked several times, we saw the maintenance man regulary take samples of the water and he cleaned the pool to a high standard and the surrounding area was also very clean with plenty of sun loungers and chairs.
The hotel had enough people to create a nice atmosphere but not overcrowded which was great. No queues. Everyone, guests and staff were very friendly.
During the day there was a bar open in the gardens by the pool where you could get drinks and snacks throughout the day. Soft drinks, wine, sangria and beer were help-yourself, you just took what you wanted when you wanted it. If you wanted spirits then the friendly staff were happy to serve you. This was the same at both the daytime pool bar and the main bar in the evenings. The bar does shut down at 11pm, a little early but you can get several drinks all at once before it closes to last you if you want to sit in there until later.
During the day there were various activities going on and entertainments in the evening, for both adults and children. It was all run single-handedly by a guy called David (otherwise known as Junior) He was a great guy, extremely hard-working, very friendly and eager to please. Big 'hi' to Junior! Thanks a lot mate, nice to have met you.
As for the food, I have absolutely no complaints at all. There was more than enough to cater for every taste. There was always at least one meat dish and one fish dish plus a vegetarian / pasta option accompanied by salads, breads, vegetables, rice, paella, potatoes/chips, cold meats, cheese and other sides. Over our 4 days for 'mains' we had roast pork, chicken, veal, beef meatballs and several different fishes were served. All was well prepared and very tasty. Desserts were varied as well and there was always several flavours of ice-cream and sauces to go with them.
Location-wise I have to admit that it is quite a trek to the beach, downhill on the way there and uphill on the way back but you can take a leisurely stroll so it's not a problem & the beach is BEAUTIFUL, well worth the walk. There are lots of shops and restaurants close to the hotel as well.
The Aqualand water park is on the doorstep and you can get a wristband for it that you can use for your whole stay. We didn't go there but people that did said they had a great time though the queues were long. There are lots of excursions, water sports and boat trips available through the hotel or at the beach as well. We went on a 2 hour boat-trip which included a stop-off to swim in the sea, very enjoyable. They even provided face masks/snorkels, floats and buoyancy jackets for children so everyone could join in whatever their swimming ability.
All in all we had a great time and I wouldn't hesitate to book the same place again for a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Costa Verde by Blue Sea is just 700 metres from the beach, so you're never far from the golden sands of Majorca! Every room in this sun-drenched hotel has a balcony or terrace with views of the pool and/or gardens. The local area of El Arenal has a great selection of bars, restaurants and shops to choose from once you're finished topping up your tan. If you feel like staying closer to your room, the hotel has a large freshwater pool to relax in. Families also have the bonus of a playground and splash pool for the kids, as well as a games room. The Blue Sea Costa Verde has something for everyone. The 124 rooms come fully equipped with air conditioning, heating, fan, TV and a safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Onthebeach, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Sea Costa Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Verde El Arenal
- Costa Verde Hotel El Arenal
- Blue Sea Costa Verde Majorca/El Arenal