“good value”

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Aintree Liverpool
“good value”
Reviewed 18 October 2007

We stayed at the hotel for 4 days from 28th sept 2007. The Hotel was clean, the rooms were also very clean and we thought that the hotel was very good value for money. I assume we were staying on the 5th floor and had various rooms ranging from 512- 518 - 3 rooms. The food was good value for money and particularly one night the steak was wonderful. I wasn't particularly looking forward to staying at the hotel after reading the reviews. The staff were very polite and helpful. Two things I would comment on and that is the bar that opens at 4.00pm, there was always only one member of staff attending bar so getting a drink took a very long time. Not the staff's fault but the HOTEL was full and always lots of people wanting pre drinks before they ate, this never improved. The other is that any noise that you did make appeared to echo around the hotel - doesn't matter how hard you tried to talk low or tip toe. The closure of a door appeared to be heard for miles! It wasn't just the late revellers it was the early morning risers but I don't know how you would resolve that one - I suppose just try and be considerate. The hotel was in aside street so don't expect scenic views.

• Liked — Cleanliness , location
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 14 August 2007

We booked this hotel through lastminute.com and I would strongly advise against anyone else doing so! Our room, although clean, was like a cell, with a tiny window and a view of a wall. There was no air con and the receptionist laughed at us when we asked if we could hire a fan (surely not too much to ask of a supposed three star hotel?). The door also didn;t close unless you lifted it in a certain way, and when we arrived back to our room one of the days the maid had simply left it open instead of working out how to close it. The hotel was also full of groups of German lads which wasn't a problem until they started running about the hotel, banging on doors and being sick out of their windows during the night. We wouldn't have minded so much but we paid £300 for 3 nights and felt completely and utterly ripped off. If you do go, make sure you don't accept room 200!

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank dean_seamonkey

Travellers are raving about these El Arenal hotels

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 27 July 2007

I arrived in Mediodia and after the check-in I went to my room no 103 (don't accept this room if you are given!) and I was shocked because it was stinky, dark and the window was just for decoration because exactly in frioóont of it there was a dirty wall and from the cellar some very hot, mouldy air came up. So I shouted with the receptionist (sorry for that, it wasn't his fault) and I called my travel agency from Hungary to get another room, but because it was a peak season, they were not able to give me another one in Mediodia, and not in El Arenal, so I was transferred finally to C'an Pastilla to Playa D'or Hotel and I was lucky because there was air conditioning there and it was silent with a beautiful room. In Mediodia there was no air conditioning, either. I was said that this room is bad because i am a single traveller and single travellers don't get the best rooms.I am not a choosy, spoilt person, but I just could't stay in that coffin-room for more than 2 minutes. I would never ever go back there again.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank GabiHungary
England
Reviewed 11 July 2007

Never been so sleep deprived be for whilest on holiday,this hotel is very noisy with guest runing amok through the hotel corridors.
The food was chips every night and then it was warm,thou there salads were nice. The hotel was very clean, our rooms were of a nice size but our view from the bedroom window was of another wall.Location was brillant with two minute walking then on to the beach where there are lots of shops.this Area is full of Germans and so was the hotel,i had to keep reminding my self that i was in Spain and not Germany lol.
Have been Majorca twice now and would think twice to coming back to this part.
I would not recomend this hotel for the older age its more for the young ones,if i had known this before i would not have stayed at this hotel.

• Liked — the size of our rooms were of a nice size
  • Disliked — no view from our window or a balcony
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
Wiltshire
Reviewed 9 July 2007

Where to start...... Check in was ok, but girl on reception need to learn how to smile a bit! Room was basic but cleanish.
Breakfast was ok but the evening meal was awful, don't bother with it. The place was full of Germans, mainly young singles all male or all girl parties and were very loud and rude!! There were also German families there who seemed as fed up with their behaviour as we were. El Arenal the area itself is geared very much towards the German tourists, with hardly any British bars. However we did find a few the best being The Sportsman where we were made very welcome. The beach was excellent and you will have to go a long way to find better. We also hired bikes one day and there is a great cycle path that takes you all the way to Palma, with excellent views along the way. Well worth doing!

• Liked — The bed was nice and comfortable!
  • Disliked — Rowdy youngsters running about at night/early hours of the morning!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clairefbrom
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2007

Stayed at Mediodia for five nights Jun 10-14. My girlfriend and I went to Mallorca for my 23rd birthday.

The rooms are small. You don't get the best views. But if you book a hotel to simply sleep in while you explore the island during the day and party at night, Mediodia is a great place for the price.

Palma is expensive. Two free meals is a blessing and the hotel food is better than a lot of the restaurants in S'Arenal. Breakfast is the same everyday (continental) but the dinner selection was different every night. I read that they didn't cater to the British but chips were also served every night. :)

Great location. The hotel is a one-minute walk from the beach. If you rent a car there is a gas station on the same street (they are hard to find).

If the hotel itself is the focus of your vacation then stay somewhere else but if you just need the essentials plus two meals for a reasonable price Hotel Mediodia is a good hotel.

PS. If you stay in S'Arenal go to Charlie's and tell Elliot (the owner) that T aka "Sangria Man" from the US recommended it. Don't let the happy frog fool you.

• Liked — Meals & location
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
west yorkshire
Reviewed 11 June 2007

Oh my god!! This has to be the worst holiday experience of my life, we were staying there a fortnight & had to book into another hotel for a week as it was so bad. The hotel was full of young German guys on stag do's & they were VERY RUDE & NOISY to say the least, they were throwing things at our windows in the middle of the night and shouting & slamming doors till the early hours. It really was a terrible experience & I cannot stress enough to anyone thinking of going there, its not worth it, i know its cheap but you will regret it.El Arinel itself is a very nice place but is also full of German tourists.

• Liked — absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2007