“Great for a short stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Mediodia
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in El Arenal
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great for a short stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel for four nights this week and at first I didn't know what to expect. The lovely man at the help desk named Daniel is very helpful. Infant all the staff were helpful. Just expected the rooms to be cleaned everyday and not once in our four day stay. However we did keep it fairly clean but would have preferred the bed sheets to be changed everyday which they weren't. On our first stay it was very noisy and that's not the hotels fault. But the rest of the nights it was fine. However if you don't mind loud music playing outside and some screaming or laughing groups of rowdy people then you'll like it here otherwise if you want a budget quick get away take ear plugs!. However this is not the case every night. Our room was small but a similar size to what you'd expect in a travel lodge in the UK. The bathrooms a little too small but nice. Our balcony was nice and yes we did have a sea view but I could also see that a lot of the rooms with balconies actually face a wall!! Be sure to ask for a balcony with a sea view and not someone's alleyway or roof! The food was ok but it started to feel like Groundhog Day with very little change as the days went on. We didn't spend majority of our time in the room we were mainly out on tours which the hotel organised,at the beach or on the balcony relaxing! Therefore the actual bedroom was fine to crash out in! Great location 2 minute walk from the beach with a great kebab shop across the road and lots of supermarkets for your water and other needs. Yes! We didn't have a fridge so had to leave air on which sort of kept the drinks and water in our room cool ish. Drinking tepid water in 32 degrees was awful. There were more Germans staying here as many reviews have said but that didn't bother me. We met some lovely people here.
I would stay here again if i wanted a short quick getaway because of the great location, friendly staff and there's lots to do, the selection of cakes were yummy, theres lots of ice cream and I'd ask for the same room!

Room Tip: Take ear plug just in case you are on the same level as rowdy people. I just listened to my iPod as...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

The hotel itself its good for the price, it's very close to the beach like 2 minutes. the room was small but more than enough for us, we had a balcony and the view was straight to the beach and that was nice, the air con. worked perfectly and some nights it was even cold. the tv was old and small, we only watched it since it rained a few nights but it was also fine for us. it's a clean hotel, it's oldish but you don't see anything that can disgust you, even when we didn't use the pool, it seemed very nice the area.
The food is ok, for breakfast: bread, ham, salami, cheese, cereals, yogurt, some fruits and cakes, coffee artificial juice and some salad so for me was ok since I love sandwiches in the morning and the dinner was also ok, lots of veggies for salad, one soup, always french fries, and fish or meet. of course not the best quality of things but you can eat it and save money!
The bar in reception was ok, to have cheaper drinks or coffee after dinner, pleasant but nothing fancy. quiet hotel and nice staff.
The main street with bars is more expensive so you can go to some spanish little bars that give you a glass of wine or beer for 1 or 2 euro plus tapas.
This hotel it's a good option but nothing fancy.

Room Tip: we were on 813 wich was great view of the beach and the city!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
13 Thank misspaloma
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

I chose this hotel due to the price and location as I wanted to be able to get to Palma city easily and cheaply and I think it is a fine hotel. I am truly amazed at all the anti German comments on here - Mallorca isn't just reserved for the British you know! One of the best bits about going on holiday in Europe is that you get to meet fellow Europeans! Ok - so the hotel....

This is a decent hotel, cheaply priced but offering an excellent breakfast and evening meal which in my opinion is comparable with other much higher priced hotels that I have stayed in previously. The room wasn't the best that I have stayed in and faced into the central core of the building, however the bathroom was newly installed and it was very clean. So, if you want a cheap place that gives you good food, then this is the hotel for you. The staff were very pleasant and they have a decent bar and in short it is everything that you will expect from a low cost Spanish hotel.

The area itself is geared more towards German tourists however this is fine if like me, you actually want to avoid fellow British people on your holidays. The resort itself is not a lot to write home about and there are MUCH better areas even in the Playa De Palma area such as Can Pastilla that I have since discovered, however for a short stay it is fine. The bars and restaurants on the sea front are ok but expensive and I would suggest that instead, you go onto the backstreets to the Spanish bars. It is much cheaper there and sometimes you get free tapas!

Yeah, I'd be more than happy to visit this hotel again if only for the food - it's great! In conclusion, if you want a decent hotel at a cheap price and to mix with fellow europeans for a few days, then this place is for you. If you don't and want to eat fish and chips and go to the 'Red Lion' or whatever all week - then go to Magaluf!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Pauly1975
Minsk, Belarus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

The hotel is situated near the beginning of the beautiful beach, no longer than 5 minutes walk. The building is very close to other hotel and apartments with 24/7 noisy young people. But I think that is most likely normal for El Arenal, because most of the guests here is the teenagers.
Room is good for three stars. After room cleaning the floors stay with sand and balcony is never been cleaned, I'm also not sure that within ten days, someone replaced our bedding.
The food is normal for first five days, but dishes is very similar by day to day that make you sad. Everyday fruits like as watermelon, melon, orange and ice-cream this's realy great! No any free drinks on the diner. Hot dishes most commonly it's pasta, broccoli, other boiled vegetables, french fries with boiled chicken wings, some boiled meat, ham stewed in sauce. On the breakfast the most popular place at a toaster it forces to spend you a lot of time, maybe it because they not provide any more hot dishes...

In generally quite good for young people no more than for a week.

Room Tip: rooms on a corner left side is the best
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Den F
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was in this hotel second time already, and it was completely great. Nice staff, especially barman Ban was great. Food was very good, just "juice" on breakfast was more like colored water.
WiFi signal was strong only nearby reception, but I guess it was enough.
Just actually I do not think mature couples would enjoy the hotel, since there are lots of teenagers who are making noise.
Position is great, like two minutes of walk to the beach.
For refreshment, there is a pool, which is very convenient (more than 2 meters deep), but problem is that seats are occupied with the same clients all the time.
Very good Donner Kebab just opposite of the hotel.
For me, as solo, was very covenient to rent a safe on the reception(2,50 EUR per night, 15 EUR for whole week).
Lots of restaurants, cafes and discos in neighbourhood, and quite good prices in whole El Arenal. Beatiful area, just bunch of Africans with their "souvenirs, marijuana, cocaina, sex for money" was getting annoying.
Anyway, I feel ready to give this hotel highest rate and I will gladly go back when I travel to Mallorca again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Rey M
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

The hotel is situated directly in the middle of El Arenal. The guests are noisy mostly young people, and not uncommon class trips are organized in this hotel. The staff is not really kind, they are not strong in hospitality. The rooms are correct in 3 stars category and clean also. Air condition is available in every room, but fridge is not included. The half board is poor, the breakfast is the same every day, and the dinner is appropriate rather for students. ( Pizza, French fries, hamburger meat) In total, the hotel is recommended for young people, have fun, and enjoy the beach.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Fruzsina F
Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

When we booked this hotel, a few of the reviews did worry us, but as with all reviews we decided to look past these and see for ourselves what the hotel was like, this was the first our first mistake.....

The hotel is situated at the top of a hill, and not next to the sea, as you are lead to believe in some of their promotional photos, i'm really not sure how they took there photos. When we booked this hotel, we chose the the the half board option, we thought that this would save us money, however, the breakfast and evening meal options were both the same, salad for both! when we approached the staff about the food situation, we were told, rather rudely, that this hotel catered mainly for German and Italian holiday makers, I explained that we were english, and that salad was not something that we usually had for breakfast, to which the reply was, "you shouldn't be English then", gobsmacked, I walked away from the reception desk.

The rooms were of a typical size for a Spanish hotel and it was reasonably clean, the view from the window left a lot to be desired, it was basically the space left between several bulidings, and somewhere everyone was using as a rubbish dump. there was a very steep flight of stairs to get to the pool area, which when wet, I found very slippy and dangerous.

We have traveled to the area before and have stayed in different hotels, I can honestly say that we will never stay here again.

A tip for travellers, we have visited Palma several times, this time we were planning to take a horse and carrage ride around the Cathedral area, upon approaching the area where the horses and carrages were, a woman of eastern european origin, approached my elderly father, and shoved him, then a man of similar origin, walked over and started shouthing at my father, when I approached the couple to see what was happening, they ran off, I checked with my father to see if he was ok, to find that they had pickpocketed him and stolen his wallet. I would suggest that if you are in the vacinity of the Cathedral, and you are approached by anyone suspicious, and they try to touch you, check your pockets straight away and call for police assistance.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family