“Excellent value for money!”
Review of Hotel Mediodia

Hotel Mediodia
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Reviewed 13 March 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights last July. The guy on reception was very helpful when we booked our tours or asked about buses to the airport. The room was a good size especially after coming from London! The breakfast and dinner was great, we ate heaps for breakfast and dinner and didn't even need lunch. There was a great variety of food. It was only half a minute walk to the beach and the nightlife was amazing. We had one very noisey night with some people in the room next door, but we called security and this was sorted out straight away. Would definately reccomend for people on a budget!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank BeeBe24

Reviewed 15 September 2009

I went there for a week-end with 2 friends in a "triple" room. As this trip was for my anniversary, the aim was just to have somewhere to sleep. For anything more special or for a longer stay, I would not especially recommend this hotel.

The "triple" room was in fact a small room with three beds next to each other. Cleanliness was ok but sheets were not changed for the 2nd night (don't know for a longer stay !). The food was nothing special. Bearable...

The location is close to a very nice beach. But the whole place is full of german. So you will eat german, drink german, speak german and sing german in the bars. Ok for a week-end with friends. For a full week, there are other locations far better on the island.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2009

I don`t know how they have managed to take a photo with the sea, but it`s definately not from any of the rooms. What you get is a small cage in dark colours, extremely small and old TV set, uncomfortable beds and pillows. Air conditioning in the room was not working although they claim that all rooms have it. I made complaints to the reception every day (and 3 times a day). Nothing happened. Food is awful. Both, breakfest and dinner so don`t take half board. Go out and have some decent food and coffee. Staff is unfriendly and don`t seem to be able to speak any foreign l-ge. But the worst part is the seedy neighbourhood. Altghough the beach is close, hotel is at the far end of the town in a very strange street. Avoid the hotel and El Arenal itself if you want a decent holiday without drunken German teenies and/or middle age German ladies who seem to be consuming spirits every day for the last 20 years and most probably in their own country live on the social benefits. Awful hotel! Awful part of the island! Awful fellow tourists. Stay away from it at all costs.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2007

I booked the stay at the mediodia on a whim for myself & my elderly mother. the hotel is perfectly situated about 20m from the beach at on end of arenal bay near the harbour. it is close to many shops and restaurants. the hotel is basic but clean. some of the rooms have a balcony some dont, be sure to ask for a bacony if you need one. the beds have a plastic sheet under the bedding which is strangely noisey when you move. however if you remove the sheet you will get a better nights sleep (be sure to replace it before the maid comes) the staff are friendly and the bar is nice for an evening drink. the meals are perfectly adequate and the food is hot and fresh. the menu is catering for more of a german palet as arenal is more of a german resort but pleas edo not let this put you off the resort. The greman tourists i met were lovely and many spoke fluent english they were fun and liked to get eveyone joining in. Arenal i found was a beautiful resort superior to palma nova or magaluf. a short bus ride for palma city. beautiful bay with aobut 5km of beach you can walk the full lenght or catch the mini train to ride for the whole day 3 euro! The mediodia is a basic hotel perfect for people who will be out and about for the vast majority of the holiday, it has the smallest pool in the world but is closer to the beach. would be ok for people with minor mobility problems. please give it a chance, its not the ritz by any standard but is a perfect place for a short get away or budget holiday.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 October 2007

We stayed at the hotel for 4 days from 28th sept 2007. The Hotel was clean, the rooms were also very clean and we thought that the hotel was very good value for money. I assume we were staying on the 5th floor and had various rooms ranging from 512- 518 - 3 rooms. The food was good value for money and particularly one night the steak was wonderful. I wasn't particularly looking forward to staying at the hotel after reading the reviews. The staff were very polite and helpful. Two things I would comment on and that is the bar that opens at 4.00pm, there was always only one member of staff attending bar so getting a drink took a very long time. Not the staff's fault but the HOTEL was full and always lots of people wanting pre drinks before they ate, this never improved. The other is that any noise that you did make appeared to echo around the hotel - doesn't matter how hard you tried to talk low or tip toe. The closure of a door appeared to be heard for miles! It wasn't just the late revellers it was the early morning risers but I don't know how you would resolve that one - I suppose just try and be considerate. The hotel was in aside street so don't expect scenic views.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 August 2007

We booked this hotel through lastminute.com and I would strongly advise against anyone else doing so! Our room, although clean, was like a cell, with a tiny window and a view of a wall. There was no air con and the receptionist laughed at us when we asked if we could hire a fan (surely not too much to ask of a supposed three star hotel?). The door also didn;t close unless you lifted it in a certain way, and when we arrived back to our room one of the days the maid had simply left it open instead of working out how to close it. The hotel was also full of groups of German lads which wasn't a problem until they started running about the hotel, banging on doors and being sick out of their windows during the night. We wouldn't have minded so much but we paid £300 for 3 nights and felt completely and utterly ripped off. If you do go, make sure you don't accept room 200!

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank dean_seamonkey
Reviewed 27 July 2007

I arrived in Mediodia and after the check-in I went to my room no 103 (don't accept this room if you are given!) and I was shocked because it was stinky, dark and the window was just for decoration because exactly in frioóont of it there was a dirty wall and from the cellar some very hot, mouldy air came up. So I shouted with the receptionist (sorry for that, it wasn't his fault) and I called my travel agency from Hungary to get another room, but because it was a peak season, they were not able to give me another one in Mediodia, and not in El Arenal, so I was transferred finally to C'an Pastilla to Playa D'or Hotel and I was lucky because there was air conditioning there and it was silent with a beautiful room. In Mediodia there was no air conditioning, either. I was said that this room is bad because i am a single traveller and single travellers don't get the best rooms.I am not a choosy, spoilt person, but I just could't stay in that coffin-room for more than 2 minutes. I would never ever go back there again.

Stayed: July 2007