“Great hotel”

Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

just back from a great holiday at the Iris hotel. All the staff at the hotel were really friendly maria on reception spoke very good english and was very helpful the waiter in the restaurant was very friendly. Hotel room was really clean with maid service and clean towels every day, the bathroom was very modern. Pool area was really clean and well kept. Breakfast and dinner was nice with a good selection of food. really enjoyed our stay. Excellent location only 30 seconds to the beach and promenade. The resort of arenal caters mainly for dutch and german visitors.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lynsey G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I booked my stay at very short notice and because I had only paid £80 wasn't sure what to expect. My room was ready on arrival even though it was only 10 45 when I got there. The receptionist spoke good English and the check in was quick. My room was at the back of the Hotel and had a balcony but no great view. Having said that I was pleased because the rooms over the pool area can be noisy as the side road does attract a fair amount of taxis. I had an almost new bathroom and a great shower ! The buffet breakfast had a selction of cereals, dried fruit, yoghurt, cooked meats, cheese and a variet of cooked items sufficient for a varied cooked breakfast. There was also a variety of bread, fruit juice, tea and coffee. After a couple of days I wandered in to the dining room at dinner time (I'd only booked bed and breakfast) and found the dinner buffet to be good as well. I enquired how much they would charge for the buffet dinner and was charged 5 eu per day, great value and I enjoyed every dinner. I found all the staff and owner Tony to be friendly and helpful and woul not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet nights sleep ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank JeffH2707
Majorca, Spain
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Since my arrival was early, the front desk attendee asked me to wait an hour and a half before I could enter my room because it was currently being cleaned.  So... I went for a walk at the beach.  Upon my return, two hours later my room was finally ready....   Ahh, at last a nice comfy three star rated hotel by the beach...  NOT!  Nightmare!  I walk in and to my surprise there were 3 beds, at this the cleaning lady informs me to only use the last two beds since the first one wasn't clean.  Nice?  Ok so then I notice a balcony... Ahh, some fresh breeze you might think...  No!  Just a bunch of immature kids staring in.  Ok, so I scratch that out and close the balcony...  Uh oh...  No A.C. Guess I'll be sleeping with pervs peaking in.  Then I head to the bathroom, now the bathroom must be glorious considering this hotels is a 3 star hotel just that the rest of the room is falling apart.  Nope! There was some kind of sealing paper around the toilet reassuring me it had been cleaned.  After gently sweeping a piece of toilet paper over the seat I was able to remove dirt that even the cleaning lady couldn't get OUT!  Ok, so I cover the entire seat with TP.  I sit to do my business as I turn my head towards the shower..  Eeek...  Filled with dirt and nasty hair...  Nasty.  Ok.  I have no choice but to sleep on a small corner of the room shriveled up...  Can't wait to get out of here.  Oh, P.S.  I'm that person that always says they are going to write a review and never does.... This hotel really did the honors.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank Kinina01

Travellers are raving about these El Arenal hotels

wayne.sullivan62@gmail.com
Reviewed 18 April 2011

On arrival we were greeted by a very good English speaking receptionist who was po0lite and helpful.
The room was basic but clean and quiet, apart from a few unruly Spanish kids on their hols.
The location is excellent for both the bars and restaurants and the bus connection to Palma City and the airport.
The breakfast was great for the price we paid, a selection of eggs, bacon, beans, sausages,(albeit spicy), and plenty of cereals, toast etc.

Great value for the price we paid, well done Iris.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

1 Thank zanteboy
Reviewed 28 August 2010

We stayed at the iris recently as a family of 4 in a all-inclusive deal which means half board at the iris hotel, food has no choices only one option u want ice cream or pudding u have to buy it the drinks have times outside the times again u have to buy them, we paid 80pounds extra for air condition but was told we have been conned by our booking company and they understand and we wright to b upset but have to pay 7pounds per night again and sorted by ourselfs as george said it is on the hotels website ye like it says the sandy beach is 300 m away more like charcoal beach 3km away, the staff r very good the cheff is exellent cook but they got no options the managers george and his wife they r what I would call pennypinchers they don't even get someone to clear the tables u have to do it. I would advise anyone honestly if u had to go to iris go self catering

• Stayed August 2010
Brit
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Althought the hotel was situated practically next to the beach, it was dated and did not rate the 3 star given. Rooms were clean and basic and cleaned daily. Staff not very helpful or that friendly apart from the maids and dining room staff!! Food was good. Biggest problem was noise from the 14+ year olds that were staying there who wanted to party all night giving you no rest at all...staff not interested in resolving the problem. Maybe we stayed there at the wrong time! Being German would have helped, but it seemed the whole island was for the Germans.......sorry, not recommended if you're looking for a leisure break.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Our first visit to Majorca and it was 10 days of sleepless nights. The hotel is very old and badly in need of renovation. Although most of the staff were very polite and the food reasonable this did not compensate for the unruly youngster who had no consideration whatsoever for anyone else in the hotel. From midnight till 6:30 am 16 year + came back to the hotel and screamed shouted ran up and down the corridors partying in each others rooms and leaving rubbish everywhere. An ideal holiday for them but hell for anyone wanting a normal relaxing time.
Definitely not suitable for families or the older holiday maker, and yes speaking German would be an asset.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
#14 of 44 in El Arenal
Marina Playa de Palma
Marina Playa de Palma
#59 of 77 in Playa de Palma

Been to Iris Hotel? Share your experiences!