“very nice:)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in El Arenal
Budapest, Hungary
“very nice:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Everything was good, the food was also very good and various! The room was clean! We spend two great week here!:) The people, who are working int this hotel, are very nice here! The beach is very close to the beach, just one street!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank NoraK554

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brielle, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I am very disappointed about hotel Iris, we choosed it because it is near the beach and they overbooked us to a hotel 1 km. and 30 steps stairway from the beach, and they often do so, they regualary overbook their rooms

Room Tip: Almost all rooms are bad, with no view or bad view and all with a lot of noice
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rose-dammie
Southport
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

I was given a fairly grubby room (107) on the first floor.

The bathroom smelt strongly of bleach, which failed to cover the smelt of drains. The sheets were not entirely clean, springs could be felt through the worn mattress.

The curtains were stained in several places and there was an indescribably filthy electric fan.

Lots of noise from the corridors and loud thumping bass from the disco underneath the hotel which lasted until 6am.

While it was cheap, it certainly was not good value.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank WoodlandsPark

Travellers are raving about these El Arenal hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We had left one hotel in the resort due to it being rubbish and checked in to this one !!!! The hotel is friendly and one block away from the beach , the staff are very friendly and helpfully it's mainly German French and Dutch but this is not a problem !! The food good and the bar man very helpfull

Room Tip: It's central
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Davemac03
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

just back from a great holiday at the Iris hotel. All the staff at the hotel were really friendly maria on reception spoke very good english and was very helpful the waiter in the restaurant was very friendly. Hotel room was really clean with maid service and clean towels every day, the bathroom was very modern. Pool area was really clean and well kept. Breakfast and dinner was nice with a good selection of food. really enjoyed our stay. Excellent location only 30 seconds to the beach and promenade. The resort of arenal caters mainly for dutch and german visitors.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lynsey G
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I booked my stay at very short notice and because I had only paid £80 wasn't sure what to expect. My room was ready on arrival even though it was only 10 45 when I got there. The receptionist spoke good English and the check in was quick. My room was at the back of the Hotel and had a balcony but no great view. Having said that I was pleased because the rooms over the pool area can be noisy as the side road does attract a fair amount of taxis. I had an almost new bathroom and a great shower ! The buffet breakfast had a selction of cereals, dried fruit, yoghurt, cooked meats, cheese and a variet of cooked items sufficient for a varied cooked breakfast. There was also a variety of bread, fruit juice, tea and coffee. After a couple of days I wandered in to the dining room at dinner time (I'd only booked bed and breakfast) and found the dinner buffet to be good as well. I enquired how much they would charge for the buffet dinner and was charged 5 eu per day, great value and I enjoyed every dinner. I found all the staff and owner Tony to be friendly and helpful and woul not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet nights sleep ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank JeffH2707
Majorca, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

Since my arrival was early, the front desk attendee asked me to wait an hour and a half before I could enter my room because it was currently being cleaned.  So... I went for a walk at the beach.  Upon my return, two hours later my room was finally ready....   Ahh, at last a nice comfy three star rated hotel by the beach...  NOT!  Nightmare!  I walk in and to my surprise there were 3 beds, at this the cleaning lady informs me to only use the last two beds since the first one wasn't clean.  Nice?  Ok so then I notice a balcony... Ahh, some fresh breeze you might think...  No!  Just a bunch of immature kids staring in.  Ok, so I scratch that out and close the balcony...  Uh oh...  No A.C. Guess I'll be sleeping with pervs peaking in.  Then I head to the bathroom, now the bathroom must be glorious considering this hotels is a 3 star hotel just that the rest of the room is falling apart.  Nope! There was some kind of sealing paper around the toilet reassuring me it had been cleaned.  After gently sweeping a piece of toilet paper over the seat I was able to remove dirt that even the cleaning lady couldn't get OUT!  Ok, so I cover the entire seat with TP.  I sit to do my business as I turn my head towards the shower..  Eeek...  Filled with dirt and nasty hair...  Nasty.  Ok.  I have no choice but to sleep on a small corner of the room shriveled up...  Can't wait to get out of here.  Oh, P.S.  I'm that person that always says they are going to write a review and never does.... This hotel really did the honors.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
#9 of 48 in El Arenal
Marina Playa de Palma
Marina Playa de Palma
#59 of 78 in Playa de Palma

Been to Iris Hotel? Share your experiences!