“Chic !”

Hotel Gracia
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Chic !”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel has been fully renovated and looking quite impressive when you're standing in front of it. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms were cleaned every day and towels were changed. It is quiet in the room every durning the night when a lot of people party nearby. Food was fresh and delicious. A lot of fruits and vegetable varieties. We were only dissapointed with extra charge wifi in the room. You can use wifi freely in the lobby with many others but the connection is slow. I highly recommend this refurbished hotel to anyone who wants to relax and get to the beach within 2 minutes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Cezary_Torun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel has many advantages. It is 15 minutes from the airport. It was fully refurbished this year so everything is very new and clean. At the reception you may get any help you need from a friendly staff. Location is good for beach and party. It is great party resort, where you can find lots of good restaurants and pubs. Gracia is definitely worth rocommending :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank terecha
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is very close to the beach and the beach itself is really nice. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful and the dinner they serve every evening was (on most nights) delicious and well worth your money. But if you choose this hotel, be sure to bring your ear plugs.

We were travelling with friends and chose the hotel because of the location. We also read the previous reviews and were aware of the noisy groups. "We're not light sleepers, are are in our thirties and still know how to party." So we thought.

The noise was terrible, to put it mildly. There were many groups of teenagers getting drunk, shouting, singing and being really really loud in general just for the fun of it. The loud partying went on from about midnight until six in the morning. Nobody seemed to care. There was a family staying in the room next to us, and after a couple of nights I heard the father calling other hotels and begging them for a room.

The beds are also uncomfortable and bathrooms old-fashioned.

We were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness, food, tidiness and location. We were prepared for the lack of air-conditioning (which was a mistake) and didn't mind the elevator (even if we were staying on the 7th floor) and the wi-fi not working most of the time. But the noise and the fact that the staff didn't care was just freakin' unbelievable.

I know you guys are renovating this year and I really hope the sound proofing will be improved.

Room Tip: The beach is really nice for families, because the waves are really low and the beach is really shal...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank makahe
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Firstly, I am a male solo traveller so this review is based on that. I was looking for a cheap, clean, hotel in a good location. I was fully aware that the area could be noisy and that the other guests would probably be groups of young guys/girls having a good time. But with this expectation in mind I was happy with my hotel choice. This hotel ticked a lot of boxes for me. It was cheap, it was clean and it was in a good location, opposite the beach but just set back enough from the main strip so the noise levels aren't excessive. My room was basic, don't expect any mod cons. The amenities are dated but they worked. It was clean, that was the main thing for me. I had a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the pool, the view was of the back of other hotels so not the best but it was quiet and quite relaxing on the balcony.
Being British I was really disappointed with the food, especially breakfast as it was all German based meats and stale bread. I booked half board but went out for breakfast every morning. The dinners were also disappointing, a really small selection and again, aimed at Germans only, although edible.
The staff at the hotel are what make this a 4 rating for me. They were all really friendly and helpful. Being a solo traveller I had to ask a few questions about the area and they were always happy to help.
So overall, I would say this hotel is great budget hotel for couples, people looking to have a good time and solo travellers like myself but I wouldn't say it was a family hotel. Go with the right expectations and you'll have no complaints.

Room Tip: Rooms 100 & 101 are noisy due to the generators
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Matthew T
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2013

have stayed in hotel gracia for three years and continue to take or holiday thier were in our late 50s we have half board and enjoyed the meals rooms are clean balcony nice no drinking allowed in room so we have found it quite at night.staff are very friendly and will not torrate noisy drunken behaver only short walk from hotelto beach good because im disabled value for money don,t beleive what you read in other reviews i think they must have stayed in hotel accross the road and drunk to much.you won,t want to move to another hotel if you go to the gracia the beach is clean and shallow and warm.well iread a review were they stated that in 18 days they stayed in tree hotel and only manage to last few days in gracia well we stayed in one hotel the gracia three years 15 days each time and this year were staying 17 days my son has lived in spian for ten years and the gracia is going to be were we stay. del

Room Tip: look at the room if you don,t like the view ask to see another room .it worked for me and prefer roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel after 18 days holiday in 3 differents Hotel. After the first night I wanted to RUN AWAY: NOISY, OLD, balcony really DANGEROUS (we had our room at the 8th floor), the area is probably MALLORCA'S GHETTO. The beach is really close but is quite HORRIBLE, this is not Mallorca, this is where the teenagers are coming for horribles and cheap holiday parties.
We had to call the reception during the night because there were guys screaming and slumming doors. The breakfast was ok, the blonde receptionist quite Rude, the "east europe style". We had to pay for our room IN ADVANCE (which it was booked in advance from Booking.com) before we had seen the room. RIDICOLOUS.
The Rooms old and NOT SO CLEAN.. there is a lift that is the main attraction of the hotel (...) sometimes people block the door and I don't suggest you to walk till the 8th floor.
I am just 26 years old but this place was TOO MUCH, i ve been in place in Mallorca with the same prices and MUCH MUCH BETTER of this disgusting accomodation.
WE WILL NEVER COME BACK!!

Room Tip: in another accommodation, in another area!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank texina23

Travellers are raving about these El Arenal hotels

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Rooms are basic very clean ind tidy the meals for me were just right yummy the hotel staff for me was wat maid the stay at the Garcia perfect the welcome we pesonally got was 2nd to none Dianne who was on the front desk was so lovely from Maureen and Colin.

• Stayed June 2011