“Peaceful surrounding, poor food”
Review of Hotel Mix Alea

Hotel Mix Alea
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel in the begining of this October. The hotel itself we liked very much, because it is so peaceful and quiet at night - wouldnt believe it in Arenal. Unfortunatly a bit far from the sea. That steep hill "to climb " while returning to the hotel is killing your legs when you stay there longer. The room was nice and the hotel seems to be newly renowated, looks fresh and modern. The staff really friendly and always smiling. The only big problem we had was the food. Everytime after eating my boyfriend and I were not feeling very well, stomach pain or so. Until in the middle of my vacation I got poisoned with the food and pretty badly :( 24 hours before i didnt eat anywhere else outside this hotel, so i think the reason is the hotel food, to be more precise- the fresh tomatoes. I think they were not well washed before :( If not this poisoning, the vacation would have been just perfect, but 2 days i could hardly move and i had really a lot of stress. In my opinion this hotel has only this food problem, in all other ways it is a very nice hotel with nice staff .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rassy
Administradors, Luabay Team at Hotel Mix Alea, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear guests, thank you very much for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write this review about your stay with us. It is great to know that you were satisfied with the hotel facilities in general and your room and enjoyed our staff’s friendliness. We are very sorry that you fell ill while staying with us but can be that it was not due to any hygiene issues within our hotel. We would like to take this chance to inform you that the food is always of perfect quality, which we monitor through monthly quality audits and analytics, carried out by an external company to evaluate the condition, storage and processing of the food we use in our hotel. It would be a great pleasure for us if we could welcome you to our hotel again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Mix Alea

Reviewed 3 October 2013

hotel Alea is great choice if you compare the price and what you get. Clean modern hotel after reconstruction of the rooms. From outside hotel doesnt look good simple style el arenal, but the room are perfect, new clean, big bathrooms. great and kind recepcionist. food wow for 3*!! breakfast perfect and for the dinner they changed every evening and the food was tasty!! pool small but nice. the hotel is in the edge of el arenal which was great for me, i dont like this place and beach.. its perfect base for your trip car need... i can only recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Administradors, Luabay Team at Hotel Mix Alea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Silwya, thank you very much for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write this review. It is great to know that you were satisfied with your room, the food we offer and our staff’s friendliness and therefore enjoyed a great stay at our hotel. We will pass your praise to our staff and are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We've spend 5 days in the Hotel Alea. We were a bit sceptical before arriving due to the good price and the things heard about the hotels in El Arenal. But I must say that the Hotel Alea proved to be exactly what we were looking for: a good comfortable hotel, far from the crazyness but within walking distance to the beach.

The location was for us great: 10 min walk from the El Arenal beach (sure, a steep walk, but by no means as difficult as some reviews might make you think), in a quiet location where you don't hear anything from the noise of the parties in El Arenal. There was also a more "quiet" beach nearby - down the hill and to the left, along the marina - where you could escape the party noises of the DJ wannabe german/dutch groups who think that everybody on the beach wants to listen to their music.

The rooms were acceptable. Rather small, but clean and well equiped. Small balcony with nice view (I guess we were lucky to have a room overviewing the forest). The airco was a big plus: very silent so that you can leave it on during the night and still be able to have a good sleep. The service was good - every day clean towels, toiletries (though the refill was less and less during our stay). Pitty that the WiFi was not free - this would be a big plus to the hotel.

The food was good. We were on half board and while the breakfast was a bit boring (though everything you might want was there, but with limited variation - one type of eggs, bacon and beans, various pastries, yoghurt, cereals, fruits, etc), the dinner was very good (enough variation, well cooked dishes, nice salads). Sure, it was not a 5-star hotel restaurant, but there was always something interesting to try. The drinks were cheap (1.3 for a water, 1.8 for a soda and 5-9 euro for a bottle of wine).

All in all, it was a good choice for us. If you are looking for a quiet hotel to spend a few days in El Arenal and don't mind walking 10 min to the beach, then I recommend Hotel Alea. I doubt that you will find a better price/quality ration in El Arenal.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms overlooking the forest offer the best views (the rest of the rooms are either tow...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tetra29
Administradors, Luabay Team at Hotel Mix Alea, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for your review, we are glad to know Hotel Alea provided exactly what you needed and that you enjoyed your holidays in Mallorca very much. Thank you for your suggestions about our breakfast buffet, we apologize that you find it repetitive and we hope that didn’t spoil your holidays. We will be glad to welcome you again.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

This hotel has the nerve to cancel a reservation, 4 days prior to arrival.
I can only guess, but a 5 night stay is commercially not interesting enough?
By Spanish law, overbooking is a criminal act, and I have already set things in motion to address them to this, as they did not respond to the WHY of the overbooking.
Be warned. I sincerely hope no one will have to deal with a similar issue here.
On top of that, try to get a reasonable hotel mid July after such a message!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank DutchTravelagent
Administradors, Team Luabay at Hotel Mix Alea, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear guest, we apologize for the occupancy problems we had, in such situations we always try to find the best solution for our guests offering them a hotel in the same category or higher, we realize that this, sometimes, might not be good enough for our guests and we would like to take this chance to apologize once again.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I went to Mallorca on 12 September 2011 and this hotel was my home for 7 nights and 8 days.

First I've to say that I've paid 337€ for the Flight+Transfers+Hotel (Half Board).

With this in mind I just can say positive things about my holidays. The hotel is located in the end of a road and it's quiet and calm. I don't know if it's quiet in August, July or June but in September it's ok!

The staff is friendly, helpfull and most of them have a smile in the face. You have free Wifi (on the reception area) if you want to browse on the internet wich is a "must-have" nowadays (even if you're on holidays).

The food is OK. It's not a Gourmet thing but it's not garbage and I think that the most of the people will find something that suits their tastes! You can eat as much as you want so I really can't complain taking in mind what I've paid.

My Room was large and the toillet was OK too. Unfortunately the views weren't the best but you won't have a nice view unless you're on the pool side because everything else is surrounded by Cheap hotels. I've asked by e-mail some weeks before I arrived to have a room on the pool side but no one replied.

The rooms are cleaned everyday but in my opinion it's not very well cleaned. You can find dust everywhere and It looks like they only make beds (without changing their clothes) and change the toillet towels. This is the downside of this hotel in my opinion.

Most of the people are from Eastern Europe so you won't ear much English or German. There were Spanish and Portuguese couples but most of them were Russians, Romanians, etc.

Like I said, when you pay 337€ for a 8 Day holidays you can't complain and this hotel is a SIMPLE but very NICE, FRIENDLY and QUIET Hotel! Just don't expect luxuries...

I would go again to this Hotel and I recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Filipe1986
Alea08, Director at Hotel Mix Alea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

We thank you very much for your opinions. I am very sorry not to have answered your e-mails but unfortunatelu we have not recived any. Probably you have the wrong e-mail. It is not allowed to enclose any e-mail in Tripadvisor but you can get from the LUABAY HOTELS WEB.
We allways tried to please our clients and I personally am to teir whole disposition.
I am currently talking to the housekeeper about your critique.
Thank you again and hope to see you again.

Julián Santamaría / Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2011

We (myself, wife and 12 yr old son) stayed at Hotel Alea for four nights prior cruising out of Palma, we payed a total of 255 euros for the stay.
To begin the location of the Hotel is at the end of a small culdi sack with some rooms and balconies overlooking the road outside, other balconies look directly at neighbouring propertires with a 30 foot gap. Thankfully I had requested a pool view when booking and the hotel accomodated this request. The check in staff were friendly and helpfull, we in fact arrived early and were allowed to leave our luggage in a spare room until our room was ready. The hotel has free wi fi but it is only available in the reception area but this is all we needed to send the odd e-mail and check the news etc. The room itself was very clean and a good size, the shower was very powerfull and hot water was never a problem.
Be aware that the pool are is reasonably small with very limited sunbeds- only ten in total however the other guests tended to go to the beach so we never went without. Due to the location the pool area is shaded during the morning and the shadows start to grow by late afternoon with the sun worshipers moving the sunbeds and chairs around chasing the last possible rays.
We were half board and the food at the hotel is OK, I wouldnt say it was great but then again I wouldnt say it was bad, just OK. Both breakfast and evening meal were buffet and there was enough choice for all, we were the only UK family staying at the hotel so please do not expect many english options.
The beach is a five minute walk away downhill and this hill would not make the location suitable for any whellchair users, prams and light bugies should be more manageable. The beach at Arenal is fantastic with the water being warm and a very gentle, shallow slope as you enter the water so you can walk out for a considerable distance before reaching waist height.
A taxi from the airport will cost approx 14 euros but please confirm the price before leaving, note that no taxi in Majorca will accomodate more than four so if your a larger group I suggest you book with a private transfer company. If you are using public transport (which we found to be very cheap and good) take bus No21 - 1.6 euro from the airport and get off at the very last stop-when the driver throws you off! At this point you are on the sea front, about 1km away from the hotel. I suggest you catch a taxi the rest of the way as we found the hill a killer with our luggage. When you find your bearings bus route 26 passes within 200 meters of the hotel but I would never have found the correct stop until day two of my stay! I suggest you consult google maps before setting off on your journey as the hotel is tucked away out of sight of the main street.
In short you get what you pay for, this hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable in our opinion value for money. The pool and food were OK and that was all we wanted for our four night stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank yogibach
Alea08, Director at Hotel Mix Alea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

All the staff and myself thank you very much for your opinions. All the critiques helps us to improve our services.
Julián Santamaría
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We found this hotel on a good price for our budget of money. Before traveling I call few times the reception to be sure that we have a quite room with a nice view; every time they said that the allocation is one day before arriving...ok, lets call again one day before arriving date....receptionist Esperancia confirmed "your room will be on the 1 floor in a quite area, the best room for u".
Surprise, surprise on check in we have a room on the street side. Morning and evening was very noisy there, you can hear any movement from the street. I can say that only this thing was disliked for us ( when a guest make a request few times before arriving, they must try to do the best in my opinion) and the bed was very hard, difficult to sleep; no mini fridge/ minibar in rooms even in summer time.
Safe box in room but another surprise ......you must to pay to have the key )))) 12 euro plus 3 deposit. TV in room.....but again to pay 5 euro deposit for remote control.
We kindly ask for only 30 minutes late check out (12.30) and after a long disscution between Esperancia and Jose, they offer us 12 euro extra if we like to stay more, thanks but no.
The food and staff from kitchen really nice and always with a smile from guests.
Finally we like a lots our holiday and we did t give so much importance to those small things, we enjoy the places, beach and sun.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tatiana f
Alea08, Director at Hotel Mix Alea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Thanks for the valuable feedback.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
I would like to count on you again as customers and demonstrate that our desire is to improve our services
Best regards,