“Great atmosphere in a cold night”
Review of The Ori Kitchen

The Ori Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 75 Restaurants in Mudgee
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We went to dinner here as part of our Mudgee visit. They were packed on the Friday night but we seemed to be served quite quickly despite the large number of dinner bookings.
My chicken was terrific and the pork ribs were huge. All up a great meal. They have a number of dining areas all with heaters! The lounge area out the back looked warm and inviting with an open fire.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great for Sunday dinner when not many restaurants are open. Good for couples or families. The steak was excellent as was the chicken schnitzel.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

As a group we called into the Ori for a quick lunch before going on a wine tour. Having lived in Mudgee previously it gave my wife and I a chance to experience Chef Dave's cooking and we were not disappointed. A must for lunch or dinner in Mudgee. Beer's good too.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Had the ribs. The actual ribs were beautiful and tender, but the sauce seemed that it was out of a bottle and far too sweet. My wife had the crumbed lamb cutlets. She they were very tender but there were only two and they seemed pretty small. Will give this another try, maybe order a steak next time. Local Mudgee wines seemed a bit overpriced.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We decided to dine at the bistro given its apparent popularity. After a jostling run of the drinker's gauntlet we managed to elbow our way through to the eatery. Ordered our meals at the food bar and waited as the breeze rippled through the plastic shrouded dining area.
The buzzer rang to wake us from our induced slumber and soon we were facing into our fare. Madam ordered the ubiquitous scoth fillet medium rare and I the gutsy 'mixed gorilla'. Not much to go wrong with mine but not so with hers. I asked as to why the long face and nil consumption...she retorted, because I can't cut the beast!! I lunged at it with my serrated scabbard but to no avail as well. I promptly returned it to the Maitre D who graciously offered a replacement.
Some good while after, the replacement arrived and once again I enquired as to the apparent lack of activity with the cutlery...to which madam responded, its worse than the first. OMG what a rip off crappy mungrell affair is this?? The Maitre D was advised to shove it where it doesn't shine and we have not been back since and strongly discourage others to be ripped off as well. Is mine host's hunger for dollars more important than value for customers...apparently so!!!

1  Thank Rom B