Winning Post Motor Inn
The Horatio - Suites & Motel(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Pool
Cobb & Co Court Boutique Hotel(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Aden Hotel Mudgee(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
US$91
Mudgee Bed and Breakfast(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
US$121
Ingenia Holidays Mudgee(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
US$75
Soldiers Motel(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
US$108
Perry Street Hotel(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
US$136
The Mudgee Homestead Guesthouse(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$164
Priceline
Wildwood Guesthouse(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
US$166
  • Breakfast included
Ingenia Holidays Mudgee Valley(Mudgee)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$62
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsin house restaurantbuffet breakfastwithin walking distancerecent stayroom was spaciouspower pointsblackout curtainsfree wifi worked wellroom ratecomfortable hotelrecently stayed here for nightsin townthe main streeta great place to stayshort walkreception staffeaster weekend
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed for a couple of weeks and it was just like being at home .At all times all of the staff were great and accommodating.I had a great room and great service.It was also very convenient for work as i only had to walk 3 blocks to get there.I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.CHEERS!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
winpost, Manager at Winning Post Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Kylie has become a regular for us and we are glad she feels at home. We try very hard to achieve that environment with all our guests. Good to see our staff are back on top of things and getting the acknowledgment they deserve.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

arrived late afternoon and staff at reception were friendly, however they only had one down stairs room available which was the disabled room, we decided that we would take that room , and were given a price of $135.00. On entering the room we noticed that there was still Fridays paper on the bench and that the floor could have done with a vacuum. I decided to use the bathroom, and was not impressed to find the toilet seat covered in faeces and also in the bowl, also dirt and pubic hair on seat, I immediately went back to reception and complained, the cook came and cleaned the toilet, and wiped it down, this was met with an apology as everyone else was busy,.
Later on going to have a shower I noticed hair all around the shower and toilet floor, was not impressed again, we used tissues to wipe up as much as we could , we would have left but we were very tired. later on going out for dinner we discovered the bathroom window didn't lock ,so valuables were locked in the car, again not impressed, the window sill at front of room was covered in dust and bugs, the front entrance was covered in dirt and leaves, don't think it had been swept for a while, all the photos shown on line and in mags were of a high standard, doesn't the disabled room deserve the same! On leaving I was greeted at reception by a different staff member to the night before who said good morning how was your stay, I replied not impressed and I don't really think we should pay full price, she raved on that on the toilet was cleaned straight away, and I explained the bathroom floor was covered in hair and the grout in the floor was black in some places and could do with a good scrub, she was not very sympathetic and started getting standover and mouthy, I just explained that we would expect a discount so the price would reflect the quality of the room, she didn't think so, I told her we would never be staying there again and that everyone I know would be shown the photos I took, so as they don't suffer the same, she said she was glad that we would not be staying there again, (great trainer for the new girl learning the reception), would not like her training my younger staff. After leaving I realized that I forgot to let them know that the bathroom window doesn't lock, and I had to wait awhile for the women to answer my call . Within that few minutes she seemed to have changed her attitude and was just a little bit pleasant, I am so over fancy motels charging high prices and not giving the customer the quality you would expect for the price, Please fix your disabled room up everyone deserves a clean tidy room , that is lockable, I wont share the photos at this stage. Regards Dianne Smith Texas.

Room Tip: Maybe check your room before unpacking after a 6 hour drive.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne S
winpost, Manager at Winning Post Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

It is disappointing to see such a review given for our motel. We do again apologise for the guest's dissatisfaction with their room. We have renovated over two thirds of our rooms so far, but this particular room is one of our older rooms. As mentioned by the guest, as soon as the guest reported to our reception staff the state of the bathroom, of which was the only issue mentioned at that time, one of our staff members cleaned the bathroom as per the guest's request. It just happened to be our chef as being a smaller motel, we do not have unlimited staffing resources. Perhaps if all of the other issues with the room had been brought to our attention at this time, we may have either moved the guest if required or dealt with those issues straight away. Unfortunately, any other issues were not brought to our attention until the guest checked out. Upon investigation and discussing this guest's stay with all the staff involved, a few things have come to our attention:
Although the state of the toilet was unacceptable by our standards, the bowl and seat were not covered in faeces, but there were a few pin head size marks in the bowl. The seat was not covered in dirt.

The inability to lock the very small bathroom window was not brought to our attention at the time or at checkout. We may have been able to put the guest's mind at ease if this was pointed out at the time.

The cleanliness of the front windows and entrance is a concern and we have acted on this today. Thank you to the guest for pointing this out during this review.

Our other manager was the staff member on reception the following morning and she reported to me that although understandable this guest was disappointed in her stay, she was however very rude and aggressive verbally to the point our manager could not have raved on as she struggled to get a chance to reply to any comments made by the guest. This was backed up by the young girl being trained in reception. It must be pointed out that this guest had already received a discounted room rate at check in.

After discussing the stay with our chef, we were informed that our staff were prompt to clean the bathroom and were very friendly towards the guest, even while the guest was confrontational and disruptive during this time.

It is unfortunate that the guest felt they had to wait on the line when ringing back, but as we are a busy motel and a lot of our bookings are phone bookings, therefore their may be a small wait for the phone to be answered.

We thank the guest for her review and we have since acted on all her concerns. We do pride ourselves on our level of service and cleanliness, which is usually very high as can be seen in previous reviews.

Guest tip: When bringing any issues up with motel staff, please do it in a polite and civil manner. It may get a more positive result.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

the service from all staff was professional and friendly. The breakfasts were very good. The room was comfortable and roomy with a good lounge to relax on. close to restaurants and attractions. package deal for The Day on the Green was good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Great to see Sallieann enjoyed her weekend and found our service professional. This Day on the Green concert series was a great one and we are finding all guests are enjoying our Concert series packages which include our private return shuttle bus. Good one Sallie and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Iam an ex Motel owner/Manager, relief Manager and am very particular with the standard of accommodation I choose to stay at. The Winning Post Motor Inn exceeded all my expectations. The welcome you receive when you walk into the reception is fantastic, all staff from front office,kitchen, restaurtant, cleaning are professional and it is easy to pick up on their willingness to give hospitality to their guests. I would not hesitate to recommend this Motor Inn to people I know that may wish to stay in Mudgee. Thank you Kathy and staff, keep up the good work..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
winpost, Manager at Winning Post Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

You can receive no better idea of how well you are providing a service, than comments from your peers. Thank you to Judith for her gracious review. I will certainly pass on your comments to all the staff and pass on our congratulations as they continue to impress our guests with their commitment and level of service.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week's work and very impressed with the level of service provided by ALL staff.

The room was spacious and very clean and a sparkling bathroom.

Providing breakfast at 5am for shift workers is a massive bonus plus the option of a lunch pack, top class.

My only gripe would be the cost of meals in the restaurant, if you charge $36 for a steak the meal has to be top notch, unfortunately they just missed the mark with medium sized servings, otherwise the waiting staff were friendly, courteous and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Paul A
winpost, Manager at Winning Post Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Great to see this guest enjoyed our facilities and was impressed with our Renovated rooms. As usual our hard working staff got the recognition they deserve. We are very pleased with the feedback we are receiving for our standard of service as we believe it is a very important part of who we are. It was a shame the guest's meal may not have been big enough for them, however, our steaks (the only meal priced at $36) are 350gms. When the guest stays next time, if they mention it to us we will endeavour to add a little extra something to fill their plate at no extra cost.