“Weekend away at short notice”

Parklands Resort & Conference Centre
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Mudgee
Shellharbour, Australia
“Weekend away at short notice”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We decided to travel to Mudgee on short notice and chose Parklands resort and conference centre as our accomodation for the night.
It was a good choice as the room was large and comfortable and very relaxing sitting on the balcony overlooking the gardens.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the wkeend and we had an awsome time we loved relaxing in the spas and pools which we had all to our self my husband enjoyed the bar and surroundings the service was great especially the young lady at the front lobby :) I would definitely come back and bring the kids.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank foys123
ParklandsMgr, Manager at Parklands Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that your family had a fantastic break in Mudgee and our Resort. Our facilities are definitely great for kids.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the Resort in the near future.
Lidcombe
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed with kids for my birthday. Housekeeper let herself into the room when we were in room and frightened my 7 yr old daughter who was undressed and having shower. She then checked contents of minibar. I was too stunned to speak. Complained and was told she was knew. Came back next day to ant infestation in room. Basically issue resolved and I was blamed for leaving out sticky food which we certainly didn't. Bathroom smelled of drains and was infested with some type of fly. Would never recommend and couldn't wait to leave for home and shower. Hotel staff inadequacy is another story. They didn't care.

• Stayed March 2014
6 Thank Keechk
ParklandsMgr, Manager at Parklands Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, although I am somewhat disappointed that it is noted that staff didn't attend to your concerns or care.

During your 2 night stay I was informed of your concerns on Saturday morning. I contacted you immediately and ensured that I was aware of your concerns although had been offsite for a few days due to having a baby last week. We discussed the issues and it was agreed that a lower rate would be actioned.

You advised that a Housekeeper entered your room without notice. I have verified with the housekeeper and they are persistent that they knocked 3 times before entering the room, with no answer. In regards to the ants near the door, our staff attended to this immediately.

As discussed on Saturday morning, I advised that I would follow up your concerns with the respective departments and am in the process of doing so.

Although you did not mention any issues of flies in the bathroom or drain smell, thank you for bringing it to my attention and I will have it reviewed.

Unfortunately we were unable to change your thoughts on our Resort and this is disappointing, as we want all of our guests to enjoy their time with us.

We wish you all the best.

Travellers are raving about these Mudgee hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here for a quick stopover for work. I was surprised at how spacious the rooms and bathroom was. My shower was huge and bathroom recently renovated. Loved the iPod Dock. Easily the size of a small apartment minus the kitchenette, great for extended trips. The rooms extend out to a sizeable wrap-around verandah. There is seating outside and the lounge is positioned well, enabling views from the comfort of your room.

The grounds are tidy and manicured, with lush willow trees surrounding the pond and water feature. Parking is close to the rooms but there at stairs to access the upper level rooms.

I found it difficult to sleep as I enjoy natural light, so struggled with the fact the verandah lighting is on all night, having to fully close the block out curtains. Perhaps they could invest in some dimmer lighting options at a floor/walkway level to minimise this.

Staff were great during my stay. Attentive and helpful, but not over the top. Check in and check out was very quick and easy. Their buffet breakfast is very good. The ability to serve eggs Benedict 'buffet style' whilst retaining runny yolk impressed me somewhat. The coffee was good and no request was an issue.

For those on visiting for work they offer a decent, yet higher price 'lunch pack'. In saying this the sandwiches were above average and incredibly yummy, even with the typical 'egg, mayo and lettuce', but I recommend the turkey. They had a good wine list, and although I didn't sample the restaurant, their menu looked quite good.

The rooms were generally quiet and seemed to block sound. I could faintly hear the TV from the next room, albeit an adjoining room where the flat-screens are positioned right next to these internal doors.

Overall, it's lovely place to stay. Spacious, comfortable with lovely staff. Some minor things I noticed could amp the place up a little if fixed. One of the seats on the verandah looked to have been broken - fortunately it had been repaired but made the place look a little tired and initially had me worried it would break if I sat down. A tea towel was provided in my room which was handy but it was a little old-looking. On brighter note there were plenty of towels and toiletries and a little chocolate on my bed upon arrival. The place was also squeaky clean which is something you don't see all too much these days. These little things make it what it is but some could make it better. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review. We pride ourselves on our service and facilities and we are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you for your comments in regards to the veranda lighting, chairs on deck and tea towels. I have passed these comments on to the respective departments for review.

We hope to see you again at the Resort.
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

The staff were friendly but not the most efficient. the rooms were large and well furnished but the air conditioning was ineffective and the bathrooms tired. lovely gardens and a very good buffet breakfast.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review, as we appreciate all constructive feedback.

As you may have read in previous responses our bathrooms in our standard rooms and suites are in the process of being refurbished. I do hope that you advised Front Office of your air conditioning concern and that it was attended too.

We pride our staff on their professionalism and friendly attitude. It is much appreciated that you noted this, our gardens and breakfast.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you again to the Resort.
Sydney, NSW
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A friend and I came here to get away for a few days. What an amazing setting! The service was fantastic & the room lovely. Although a little overpriced in the restaurant, the waitstaff went out of their way to help.. Even with addressing my food allergy.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our attentive staff. We hope to see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed one night at Parklands with our two children and it was great. The standard room was large, clean and very comfortable, the pool and leisure facilities were lovely, the service of all of the staff was first class, we had the continental breakfast which had plenty of choice including gluten free bread (always a bonus) and our son particularly liked the pancake maker! I'd certainly recommend this hotel as a place to stay when visiting Mudgee.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are delighted that you had a great time and we hope that we can welcome you to the Resort again in the near future.