“This is why you do a private tour!”

Koa Lani Private Tours
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My family and I booked Koa Lani (owner William) for a full day Oahu tour the day after Christmas. I also had him pick us up at the airport on Xmas Eve and take us to our hotel in Waikiki. Communication by email and voice was excellent leading up to the trip. He wrote long emails with suggestions for where we should go, eat, etc. on the days other than the tour with him. He was right there on time at baggage claim when we arrived sending texts when we landed. The SUV is spotless and it was a very comfortable and stress free ride to our hotel after a 9 hour flight.

The day long tour itself was also great. William tailored the tour to our wants and desires. We went around the whole island, stopped as we liked for photos, food, etc. Saw beautiful places we never would've found by ourselves. We went back to many of the places ourselves over the next week to explore more. A truly comfortable experience. He's very knowledgeable about island history, customs, even mythology and kept my kids engaged which is no easy feat.

One caveat with all private tours in Oahu. Do NOT use them to go to Pearl Harbor. PH restricts outside tour guides from coming into the park. You will be paying a premium to have them sit outside and wait for you. My advice: go on your own or take a cheaper tour bus!

However, for a comfortable, educational, engaging, informed, non-cheesy, tailored exposure to much of the beauty that Oahu offers, a private tour is the way to go. Do it early on your itinerary as you'll want to go back and experience many of the places again. There's a few private tour companies. I can wholeheartedly recommend Koa Lani and William.

3  Thank sana_worldtrav
There are newer reviews for Koa Lani Private Tours

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I were happy to be in Waikiki for a much deserved vacation, and relaxing was a big part of it. After a few days of Waikiki beach, relaxing, and shopping we decided to take a sightseeing tour and the reviews we read all pointed to Koa Lani Private Tours, and off we went.

Will, our guide, was a blessing from above. We hit it off right away, and went from 0 to 60 right away. He had interesting information and stories about anything you could point at, starting right with telling us about the history of our hotel!

Oahu has so much more than we expected, and we saw a lot more than we would have seen with a rental car. We went to the turtle beach, hidden lava tunnels that went to secret places, a Japanese temple with green mountains behind it, bonzai pipeline, the coffee plantation, the macadamia nuts...It was wonderful.

I wholeheartedly recommend taking a tour with Wil and his beautiful SUV. Thank you Koa Lani Tours! Todd and I wish you continued success and happy holidays!

1  Thank Jean B