“Kimberly C”

Koa Lani Private Tours
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My mother and I were in Oahu with a cruise, but wanted to see more than they were offering. Our tour with William was coordinated by another tour company out of Hawaii, but I was delighted with the outcome. William picked us up exactly on time, had a great car with snacks, let us stop for a quick bite of lunch, and was ready to take us all over the south and east sides of Oahu. He took us to some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. He had so much interesting and informative info to share. He was an incredible host and a very kind, helpful gentleman, Both my mom and I were entirely happy with our time with William. He never looked at his watch despite the fact that the time ran over. He was happy to take us down to Waikiki at the end of a long afternoon and was great about finding us a way back to the ship at the end of our dinner. Great guide. Great company, Great guy all round.

2  Thank Kimberly C

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The family just stayed for a week at the Kahala Hotel & Resort. After two days of relaxing on the beach and by the pool we decided to look into finding a private tour company to get us out for a day. After a quick internet search I found http://koalaniprivatetourshawaii.com and made arrangements for a tour for the following day.

The next day we were greeted by a well dressed guide named Will and his spotless car. Will took great care of us and took us to some amazing places on the island. We saw some huge waves, and had an awesome lunch at the shrimp trucks. Our favorite part of the tour was when Will took us to a secret beach where we got to see some Hawaiian Monk Seals just lounging on the sand.

I'm very glad me and my family used Koalani Private Tours and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a a wonderful experience during their vacation.

1  Thank VespaJersey
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My family and I booked Koa Lani (owner William) for a full day Oahu tour the day after Christmas. I also had him pick us up at the airport on Xmas Eve and take us to our hotel in Waikiki. Communication by email and voice was excellent leading up to the trip. He wrote long emails with suggestions for where we should go, eat, etc. on the days other than the tour with him. He was right there on time at baggage claim when we arrived sending texts when we landed. The SUV is spotless and it was a very comfortable and stress free ride to our hotel after a 9 hour flight.

The day long tour itself was also great. William tailored the tour to our wants and desires. We went around the whole island, stopped as we liked for photos, food, etc. Saw beautiful places we never would've found by ourselves. We went back to many of the places ourselves over the next week to explore more. A truly comfortable experience. He's very knowledgeable about island history, customs, even mythology and kept my kids engaged which is no easy feat.

One caveat with all private tours in Oahu. Do NOT use them to go to Pearl Harbor. PH restricts outside tour guides from coming into the park. You will be paying a premium to have them sit outside and wait for you. My advice: go on your own or take a cheaper tour bus!

However, for a comfortable, educational, engaging, informed, non-cheesy, tailored exposure to much of the beauty that Oahu offers, a private tour is the way to go. Do it early on your itinerary as you'll want to go back and experience many of the places again. There's a few private tour companies. I can wholeheartedly recommend Koa Lani and William.

3  Thank sana_worldtrav
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I were happy to be in Waikiki for a much deserved vacation, and relaxing was a big part of it. After a few days of Waikiki beach, relaxing, and shopping we decided to take a sightseeing tour and the reviews we read all pointed to Koa Lani Private Tours, and off we went.

Will, our guide, was a blessing from above. We hit it off right away, and went from 0 to 60 right away. He had interesting information and stories about anything you could point at, starting right with telling us about the history of our hotel!

Oahu has so much more than we expected, and we saw a lot more than we would have seen with a rental car. We went to the turtle beach, hidden lava tunnels that went to secret places, a Japanese temple with green mountains behind it, bonzai pipeline, the coffee plantation, the macadamia nuts...It was wonderful.

I wholeheartedly recommend taking a tour with Wil and his beautiful SUV. Thank you Koa Lani Tours! Todd and I wish you continued success and happy holidays!

1  Thank Jean B