Amazing and incredibly enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff, fantastic location, very good for watching bears (the Weir and Finger stands consistently seemed to attract most bears) and other wildlife (especially eagles/seals), food great. Absolutely no wifi or mobile phone reception, which was a pleasant relief (e.g. no mobiles interrupting bear watching) and even the wifi addicted offspring agreed on balance that it worked well. Rooms comfortable and a good size. The Lodge operates a strict regimen, with breakfast from 06:30 and activities planned at pre-determined times throughout the day, which worked well and was essential in order to coordinate the different activities.
If you want to do the whale watching trip you MUST stay at Knight Inlet for 3 nights.
Only grumble is that the activities on the second and subsequent days are determined on the evening of the night before on a first-come first-served basis, which meant we didn't get our preferred options; given just how expensive the Lodge is (and it's a lot), there must be a better way of determining who does what.
But on balance, a fantastic way to watch bears with an excellent team at the Lodge; just be pushy (and early) in trying to book the next day's activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knight Inlet Lodge is Canada's premier grizzly bear viewing destination. With over 15 years of experience and a world wide reputation for excellence we are the place to see grizzly bears in British Columbia. Our remote floating lodge has 16 guests rooms and offers a full range of activities for our guests including hiking,kayaking, marine wildlife tours, tracking and whale watching. Open from mid May until mid October with pacakges starting on any day of the week. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Knight Inlet Hotel Glendale Cove
- Knight Inlet Resort All Inclusive
- Knight Inlet Lodge Canada/British Columbia