This place will steal your breath but give you back a fresh soul in return. I had never before, truly, appreciated nature until I came here. I think that I may not have had a human spirit until I came here.
I arrived at Knight Inlet in a nervous sweat following an unenjoyable float-plane ride. I shuddered at the communal dining area with shared tables. I freaked at the sleeping cabins with shared lounge areas and unlocked bedroom doors. I rolled my eyes at the over-zealous, eco-warrior Canadian camp-leaders. I snarled at the lack of internet, phone reception and TV. I couldn't sleep on the first night as I repeatedly cursed the place. I cringe now to think of how I was.
The next day I saw my first grizzly in the wild, I saw Cathedral Spires, I felt the spray of Rainbow Falls and the unrivalled beauty of Knight Inlet, suddenly hit me. The tranquility, the calm, the smells, the sights, the sounds are all beyond words. It was the most magical experience of my life and I would lose my right arm to experience that feeling again.
Stay here if you get the chance. Stay here for as long as you can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knight Inlet Lodge is Canada's premier grizzly bear viewing destination. With over 15 years of experience and a world wide reputation for excellence we are the place to see grizzly bears in British Columbia. Our remote floating lodge has 16 guests rooms and offers a full range of activities for our guests including hiking,kayaking, marine wildlife tours, tracking and whale watching. Open from mid May until mid October with pacakges starting on any day of the week. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Knight Inlet Hotel Glendale Cove
- Knight Inlet Resort All Inclusive
- Knight Inlet Lodge Canada/British Columbia