“Little gem near Bicester”
Review of Tally Ho Hotel

and 1 more site!
Tally Ho Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arncott
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Very friendly staff and went extra mile with a smile. Room large, well equiped, comfortable and quiet.Good access to Bicester. Slept well .Good parking close to room for unloading. Evening meal eaten in cosy bar area as restaurant was very quiet. Food was adequate but served promptly and hot. Breakfast was freshly cooked, prompt and delicious. Definately go again

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sdm02

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed there for business, actually stay there quite often. Generally the hotel is clean, good access to Bicester, and a nice cozy bar. Good parking facilities, and you can generally park close to the entrance to your room.
The only thing that lets them down is the restaurant: they often forget to put menus out at breakfast time, and have always, to date, got my breakfast order wrong. If you go there, always insist on seeing a menu at breakfast, and get them to confirm your order. Don't order the baked beans, they served me some on my last trip that were so vile I had to leave them ! I literally could not face eating these beans, they certainly were not Heinz ! I must pount out they don't claim the beans are Heinz, luckily ! I don't eat dinner there, there are only usually four choices on the dinner menu, with very little variety from day to day.

Room Tip: Room no. 1, although a disabled room, is right next to reception.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We were pleasently surprised, the staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. We had the dish of the day, presentation and food good served on a HOT plate.
Freshly cooked breakfast was much nicer than the usual luke warm hotel buffets, again a lovely HOT plate.
We would definately stay again.
Perfect for a visit to the Bicester shopping village.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laurencewilliams994
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We booked this hotel very last minute and were not expecting anything special. However, we were very pleasantly surprised. We were travelling with our toddler and two dogs and we were all accommodated so well. The manger ( I think he was) was also the chef and was fabulous. He cooked our son a very nice pasta meal before the kitchen opened, then catered for me (vegetarian and pregnant) by creating something very yummy- again pasta, but that was my choice, i'm sure his repertoire is much bigger than that as my husband very much enjoyed his lamb shank. The rooms thmselves are spacious and clean and little touches like disposable cups(nice ones) in the bathroom made me confident about the cleanliness. I hate glasses in bathrooms, I never use them as i'm convinced most cleaners in hotels use the same cloth to wipe them as they clean the surfaces with !! I would definatley recommend this hotel, clean good food, and very helpful and obliging staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KRDavis
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Tally Ho. Perfect place to get away from the stresses of day to day working life. The staff have been extremely pleasant and helpful nothing too much trouble, the chef kindly made a vegetarian curry for me which wasn't on the menu, It was delicious-recipe please? Room V'spacious V'clean and peaceful. Looking forward to last breakfast in the morning but don't wanna go home yet. Many thanks to all at The Tally Ho. We would stay here again :)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We went for a wedding, very nice venue. The drinks however are expensive, (£5.70 for glass of white).
If your having this as a wedding venue the garden is a little disappointing and you may want to suggest to the hotel to put some lights/candles outside as most of us as in pitch darkness for most of night.

Overall good rooms, staff and food....just a little pricey

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Motel style hotel with rooms on two floors around a parking area and garden with pond. Rooms upstairs have double doors and balconette. It was clean and the staff were very helpful. The food was fairly standard three star hotel fare but OK. Having a room separate from the main hotel meant one could come and go at will - come back late.
I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms back onto the roadway which can be noisy in the morning. Those with mobility problems sho...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arncott
Premier Inn Bicester Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chesterton
The Dashwood Hotel
The Dashwood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kirtlington

Been to Tally Ho Hotel? Share your experiences!