“Comfortable, practical hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastern Creek
Hobart, Australia
“Comfortable, practical hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have stayed many times at this hotel and always found the staff welcoming, food of a really good standard, both for brekkie and for dinner, and the rooms are reasonably spacious, comfortable and always very clean. For business travellers in Western Sydney I would recommend it very strongly as just about the best option with easy access to both M4 and M7. The only reason I don't give it an excellent rating is the slightly sterile feel to it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
ESTManager, Manager at Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Hi Alastair,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Great to see you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel.
Thank you for your comments in regards to our location as we agree and feel like we are perfectly located for the business traveller.

Once again, thank you. As it is through your feedback that we are able to not only improve our business but to also recognise our staff for their efforts or shortfalls as this can often go unnoticed. Hope to see you here at Eastern Creek sometime soon.

Kind regards,
Executive Assistant Manager
02 88897700

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel as I am doing business in this part of Sydney. What a surprise! The staff at reception and in the restaurant were so warm and friendly. The breakfast and dinner in the restaurant was really good value and very tasty. I found the room - modern and had all the conveniences that I needed. I like the fact that I can see the race track and that there is a pool which looked clean and inviting. This hotel suited me perfectly, particularly as I was unsure of where to stay. I am definitely staying here on my next visit to Sydney! Thank you!

Room Tip: The rooms are modern and quiet. The bed was really comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
ESTManager, Manager at Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek, responded to this review, 25 July 2013

Thank you for reviewing Chifley Eastern Creek.

At the hotel our aim is to exceed your expectations. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay. Its great that you were well looked after. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Look, I wont pretend this is a five star city hotel but is is nice, modern, comfortable, convenient and has good food, but the really surprising bit is that it has sensational staff, especially on reception.
the only improvement I can offer is that the rooms are bitterly cold in the winter when you first enter and the aircon takes forever to get them warm.
Well done Chifley. A really good hotel in an area you woupldnt expect to find one.

Room Tip: Try a suite. they are quite good unless you hate (as I do) this crazy trend to close the bathoom or...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
ESTManager, Manager at Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek, responded to this review, 22 July 2013

Thank you for reviewing Chifley Eastern Creek.

At the hotel our aim is to exceed your expectations. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for kind words about the staff. I will be sure to pass these comments on.

Lightning Ridge, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Not happy to have this treatment in a four and half star hotel.First the room had and old style Tv the type people thow away,did'nt work.Was replaced with flat screen only to have it retuned the next day?picture was horrible.The only way to have Flat screen was to change rooms,Ok, well now the toilet does not work ,not good.It was fixed.I left my phone charger in the first room ,the receptionist said I needed to wait till morning and in the morning I was informed that they would send it by mail ,three weeks later no charger I also was imformed that I was to pay freight .now waiting for another one ,see what happens.Look there is more but anyway Dissapointed,I have had better service in pubs.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Hi Fredrick

Thank you for reviewing Chifley Eastern Creek.

At the hotel our aim is to exceed your expectations. I do apoligise for the toilet no working. I believe the staff were able to fix this for you straight away.

In regards to your package. The package was sent from the hotel. I believe it may be lost with Australia Post. I arranged a new charged to be sent to you straight away which you have already received.

Travellers are raving about these Eastern Creek hotels

Sunrise Beach
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed at the Chifley Eastern Creek Hotel on 19 & 20 June 2013. I found the hotel to be extremely comfortable....the staff courteous, polite and efficient. Rooms very well appointed and quiet. I stayed in Room 238 which was a Queen sized room with adequate space. Modern decore.
Breakfast was included in the package which was above standard. I attended a police reunion which is now becoming an annual event....so I will be back.

Room Tip: Hotel is located on Eastern Creek Raceway so ask for a quiet room......but I think all rooms are dou...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Hi ......

Thank you for reviewing Chifley Eastern Creek.

At the hotel our aim is to exceed your expectations. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff

Figtree, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Not too cheap but a good place to wind down for a night or 2, close to Westfield Parramatta, Parramatta stadium and Homebush: 10 mins drive max.

Eastern Ck race way is adjacent to the Hotel (can get noisy with the cars going around lap after lap but they stop by 9-10pm.

Hotel is nice and clean, good pool, nice restaurant (beers expensive outside happy hour, and the menu is a tad pricey).

Free parking and the helpful staff are a bonus.

Room Tip: Fold out sofa bed was very uncomfortable as stated by my 13 yr old....2 teens would strugle on it if...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hi Afrim

Auckland
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Regarding customer service: When I got the hotel the receptionist was cool and not very welcoming. The staff you see around the hotel mostly ignore you.

From check-in to the next morning's breakfast I think I encountered at least 4 staff who didn't look up and acknowledge you. When I sat down to eat breakfast, I was surprised to hear one of the staff members exclaim "Hi, how are you?!" and thought OK, they do care about their guests. I looked up and saw that she was addressing another staff member.

My friends and family also commented about the lack of cheery customer service. A smile doesn't cost anything. By the way, the buffet breakfast was well stocked and tasty.

The hotel was well kept and clean. The rooms are well insulated for sound and the room's temperature control was quick and quiet. The bed isn't too soft or too firm and the furniture is sturdy and well made. The housekeepers do a great job. The hotel also accommodated our baby with a portable cot which we requested at booking and it was much appreciated.

The free wifi in the lobby area is easy to log into and very fast. The lobby itself is spacious, comfortable and well maintained.

The pool and gym area is clean and has the right amount of gear for maintaining both cardio and weight lifting while travelling. There's also a water cooler and iPod speaker there which I thought was pretty good. The pool isn't heated and so we couldn't swim with our baby but was great for adults.

The laundry services are adequate and easy to use.

I didn't see anything to keep young kids entertained other than the pool.

The tavern downstairs is really good. Great food and warm atmosphere. Plenty of TV's and the bartenders were very friendly.

Location is a bit of a let down as it is pretty far from the main centres in my opinion, so you'll need to fork out more money to get anywhere. The tavern downstairs brought my rating of the location from 2 to 3 out of 5.

So location and service were the only things that marred the customer experience. Everything else was spot on. For the price of the rooms at Chifley Eastern Creek, the next time I visit the area I'm going to check out the Novotel which is next to the RSL and commercial gym (which you can access if you booked a room).

Room Tip: I suggest getting a room between the lounge and tavern stairs leading downstairs as it will means yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank neoberi

Thank you for reviewing Chifley Eastern Creek.

At the hotel our aim is to exceed your expectations. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay. I do apologise for the reception on check in. This is very out of character for the front desk staff. I will be sure to pass on the comments to the team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastern Creek
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills
Mercure Penrith
Mercure Penrith
#1 of 3 in Penrith

Been to Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek? Share your experiences!