“Nice place, reasonable rate”

Motel 6 Headingley Winnipeg West
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Headingley
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here for one night and thought it was pretty decent overall. Very nice visual aesthetics-nice and modern. Appreciate pet friendly! The room was nicely appointed. My only complaint is the beds-they are harder than usually comfortable, which made for a poor sleep and shortened subsequent travel day r/t being so tired.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Recently stayed here for a "staycation" and found it to be just average. The hotel rooms are very nice and clean with comfortable beds. I had read many reviews before booking as they had great reviews, my experience however was not that satisfying. The staff member that checked me in wouldnt even acknowledge us, she had to be told to grab the front when she was standing righ there. However, the lady that checked us out was very nice and polite. It was very noisey with people on second floor running up and down the hall, jumping and banging in the room above us. There were dogs barking most of the night and again by 5 am. By 6 am there were men in the hall shouting back and forth to each other instead of going to each others room to have a conversation. The halls and lobby were very dirty and the sitting area was not cleaned either. Understandably, there was a hockey tournament on apparently and this filled the hotel. Before I would book here again I would make sure there was nothing going on in the area to try to ensure a quieter stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
M6Headingley, Manager at Motel 6 Headingley Winnipeg West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

After an all day flight back home to Manitoba, we got to Headingly only to find that the highway had been shut down due to the weather. Not wanting to go all the way back into the city, we pulled into Motel 6 to see if they had a room. They did, $78 plus taxes, so much cheaper than the majority of the hotels inside the city limits that we've stayed at. Our room was fairly plain, but set up with everything you'd need for a stay there. Very clean and quiet. Bed was comfortable. Staff were wonderful to deal with as well. Would definitely stay there another time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
M6Headingley, Manager at Motel 6 Headingley Winnipeg West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thanks so much for the review of our property. This winter certainly affected many travellers, and I'm sorry you had to be one of them. I am however, glad, that we were able to accommodate you during that time. I hope to see you again but under better circumstances. Enjoy your summer as I believe it's just around the corner! Take care.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was the second Motel 6 I stayed at recently during my drive from Vancouver to Toronto. I intentionally searched for my next stop in Winnipeg after staying at one in Swift Current, SK the night before. The front desk clerk was exceptionally friendly and helpful, the lobby and breakfast areas were impeccable and the rooms, how do you describe the rooms? The lack of carpet was the first thing I noticed. The floors were clean and obviously odor-free, the decor was beautiful, the bathroom was stunning and the beds comfortable (remember, this is a Motel 6!), But it's unlike any Motel 6 you've stayed at in the past. The company has gone way beyond what they needed to in order to upgrade their motels - which are more like high end hotels now. And pets are welcome, free of charge. My Shih Tzu appreciated that! The only thing that disappointed me was there were no Motel 6's in Thunder Bay or Sault Ste Marie, which were the last two stops on my trip to Toronto! Seek out a Motel 6 that has been upgraded with Phoenix rooms (what they call their renovated/revamped rooms). You won't be disappointed - you'll be pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
M6Headingley, Manager at Motel 6 Headingley Winnipeg West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hello Sharon,

Your enthusiasm is so infectious it brings a smile to my face. We are pleased you had such a wonderful stay with us as well as other Motel 6 locations. I'm sure there will be new locations in the not so distant future in the areas mentioned. Your review is appreciated and we do hope to see you again. Take care,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I am very impressed!! Very awesome staff, awesome rooms, and all around wonderful experience!! I will definitely recommend this place to friends and family :) the pool area was clean only thing was no garbage can. We enjoyed our stay emmensly. Next time staying for two nights :)

Room Tip: The suites on the first floor are awesome and a great price!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hello Melanie,
Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review. We enjoyed having you and your family and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I had an excellent stay. Nice and clean. Pool and hot tub were an added bonus. I will stay there again next time out. There is a parking lot and the building seems to be very new. Tim's just outside and access to highway and shopping are all within minutes. Staff was very friendly.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
M6Headingley, Manager at Motel 6 Headingley Winnipeg West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Hello,

We're glad your stay was comfortable and pleasant. Thanks for taking the time to write your kind words and help others find a great place to stay. We wish you well and hope to see you again.

Take care.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Travelling across Canada for relocation. A family of 5 with one dog and two cats. This is the 3rd hotel we have stayed in and it has just surpassed even our best expectations. The staff are wonderful and friendly the hotel is clean. Rooms are modern large and well equipped. The beds are comfy. Even our pets have been made welcome with special little welcome bags. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone! The only thing I would say to all you pet/dog owners is pick up after your pooch! Be responsible like many of us are, the hotel even provides you with poop bags do what any good dog owner does and pick up after your pooch don't be lazy and spoil it for the rest of us!
A truly wonderful hotel however and the prices are just the icing on the cake very reasonable rates!
Thank you Motel 6!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
M6Headingley, Manager at Motel 6 Headingley Winnipeg West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hello JP,

Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience at Motel 6. We wish you and your family well with the relocation journey that can be exhausting but exhillirating. It is hoped that our paths will cross again during a future visit. Take care JP and thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Headingley
Super 8 Winnipeg West
14 mi away
Super 8 Winnipeg East
Super 8 Winnipeg East
#7 of 63 in Winnipeg

Been to Motel 6 Headingley Winnipeg West? Share your experiences!