“Suitable for an Overnight, Charming Stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pinetop-Lakeside
Moonridge Lodge & Cabins
Mancos, Colorado
“Suitable for an Overnight, Charming Stay”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I used to stay at chain hotels, but now I prefer to stay at places like this - quaint, inexpensive, and charming.
The website said that reservations were recommended - so I made one - but it didn't look like it was very full or busy when I got there. The check-in was quick and simple and I stayed in room 3. I didn't notice any A/C in the room, but opening a couple of windows and using the provided fan seemed to cool everything off quickly.
The linens were soft and reminded me of something I'd use at home. The bed was firm and comfortable. Service was nice but I didn't notice that the gentleman behind the front desk was staying in the room next to me. Not sure how comfortable I felt ... almost like I was being watched. Don't know why but it was just a bit unsettling.
Woke up to the sound of a drumline at the nearby high school ... and had to use my own shampoo ... oh, and the toilet didn't really flush that well. But all in all, it was a nice place to stay. I'll probably try another place the next time I got back, but this is worth the money ($50) I paid.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Phoenix, Az
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I don't see what any bad reviews were about. These cabins were awesome! I took 4 kids and 2 dogs up to play in the snow for New Years and we had a blast. If you are expecting a hotel then ya you may be disapointed. We stayed in a loft cabin. It was cozy, comfortable and clean. The fireplace was the only source of heat but it warmed us up fine. The heated blanket on the bed downstairs helped too. There was a fridge, oven, stove, and microwave in our cabin, which is great when you have kids who seem to get the midnight munchies. The location was close to everything, we stopped at Safeway and loaded up with supplies for New Years. The cabin is also walking distance to a great veterinarian which we unfortunately had to go to because my dog got hurt. It was a blessing the vet was right there and willing to get us in right away. Keep in mind this is a rustic cabin in the woods and not a hotel and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karey B
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I bring my dogs every winter and stay in a cozy studio cabin. The owners are always helpful. The cabins are rustic but clean. The fireplace is perfect...I am a very picky single traveler, and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a mountain get away. It is in a great part of town, underneath huge trees, quiet, and welcoming. I just made my New Year's reservations...again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Katie M
El Mirage, Arizona
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My husband and I were searching for a nice but rustic, pet-friendly cabin up north that was cozy and would have a beautiful fireplace to enjoy with fishing close by. We found that and much more at MoonRidge! We spent our 1 year anniversary there this past week with our two dogs. Lynn, the Owner/Manger had upgraded us when he had found out the special occasion. He also surprised us with some nice wine to enjoy on our stay. The cabin was huge and clean and absolutely what we had hoped it would be. The shower was amazing! The cooking at home in the cabin was great and everything we needed was available including dish soap, paper towels, a 12 cup coffee pot and everything you need to cook. The bathroom had an abundance of fresh towels, soaps and toilet paper. The sheets and blankets were also very comfy. The view and grounds were kept beautifully and the whole experience was refreshing and definitely one we will continue to enjoy many more times. We are planning our next visit soon and this time we will be inviting our friends to see this fabulous find in the woods!

Room Tip: We stayed in the two bedroom cabin.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lynn N
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed in the duplex cabin. Dark, dingy and smelly!!! I've seen nicer furniture tossed at the side of the road. The guy at the desk was nice enough, and recomended a couple places to eat in town. He opened the cabin and ran a couple of extension cords to plug in two fans. Then he took a screen from the cabin next door and put it in our window, I guess you have to share window screens? The refrigerator did not work, and neither did the air freshener. Anyone who would want to stay in these old rundown cabins is crazy. We checked out after the first night. We couldn't get a room in town, so we drove (short drive) to Show Lo and stayed at the hampton Inn. Not a cabin, but it had a wonderful balcony that overlooked a pond and horse pasture. Did I mention it was light and bright and decorated in this century.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SedonaDee

Travellers are raving about these Pinetop-Lakeside hotels

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2010

My sister, small niece and I stayed in one of the duplex cabins, a great value at $87/night. It's pet-friendly, at only $6 extra per cat, per night, as I was intending to bring my cats, but decided not to at the last minute. It was quiet and well-concealed, despite being close to everything in Pinetop/Lakeside. I'm an AZ native and return to the White Mtns. several times/year to visit my father, and have stayed at many places in the area. Moonridge is indeed a rustic cabin, though not as rustic as many in these parts. Keep in mind that these cabins were originally built for summer visitors to the area, and many are not winterized, and therefore may not be the best choice for winter visits. Summer is a great time, though, as Moonridge is nestled in the pines, making it quiet and feeling as if you are really in the woods. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and our cabin was very clean. It's not fancy, but a good choice, especially for young kids and pets, which can be noisy. Fancy for these parts is the Hampton Inn. If you're looking for the flavor of Pinteop/Lakeside of yesteryear, yet looking to be close to all the amenities and goings-on, you'll really like Moonridge. If you're looking for a high-falutin' 5-star experience, you'd better stick to the Valley, as you won't find it in these parts.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
AZ
Reviewed 14 March 2010

This place pretty much ruined our vacation and I DO NOT recommend this place. Who ever put gave this place a 5 star rating must live in a trash can because anyone in their right mind would never give them a 5 star rating after staying here. Our problems: 1. there was no toilet paper in this cabin anywhere. (we had to use paper towels) 2. there was spider webs every where you looked. 3. The beds....well lets just say that you are better off sleeping on the floor. 4. But if you do sleep on the floor be prepared to smell like pee or worse. 5. The one LITTLE heater would not even touch this place. It was soooo cold it was like sleeping outside. 6. they did offer wood to purchase for an extra $10 for about 5 pieces of wood that would probably last about 20minutes. Please do not give them your money by staying here. Trust me you will be sorry and full of regret. (unless you do live in a trash can then this place would be okay for you)

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family