“DUMP!”
Review of Super 8 Pinetop

Super 8 Pinetop
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Pinetop-Lakeside
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Do not stay here!!!!! There were bed bugs, our sheets were dirty, there was brown stuff on the bathroom wall , the shower curtain rod was falling off of the wall, it stunk and was old & falling apart!!! Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy C

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Reserved a room here. Upon check in was given a different room (2 queen beds) instead of the king room reserved. Once in the room, took a shower and used restroom. Toilet wouldn't flush. Plus the air conditioner wass visibly broken and falling on the floor. When I attempted to habe these situations fixed, was told that there were no other rooms available but someone would come take a look in 30 mins or less. After an hour I went back to the front desk and spoke to the male half that runs the place. I reiterated that none of my original reservation was met and that having a non functioning toilet and air conditioning was unacceptable. Was told that if I didn't like it I could check out. I immediately did so. But even after all of this, was still charged $25 for my shower since "the room couldn't be rented" for the night. To top it all off, one of the multiple children running around behind the desk proceeded to yell at me that "my daddy loves me, that's why he wasn't here." I have a formal complaint filed with corporate for super 8. I work 35 miles from this location and will NEVER do business with them again!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank medic_tnb
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during a softball tournament. The breakfast area was nice and filled with the Super 8 standard food and drink.
This place is run by a husband/wife duo. The kids like to run around the lobby and stairs area creating a little noise. The check is was short and sweet and border lined on rude. No introduction to breadfast hours, pools, etc. Just a simple, here is your key.
The room was interesting. The bed was comfortable. The air conditioning unit roared like a jet airplane engine, turning on and off all night. The HBO channel did not work 3 of the 4 nights we were there. The TV is at least 12 years old. The room appeared fairly clean in the middle. However, around the edges were very dirty. Behind the couch, along the baseboard, under the bed, etc. My wife even found an empty condom wrapper just under the bed. Nasty.
If management took a little time to do some deep cleaning, this could be a good motel. The location is good in the center of Pinetop.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank warste
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and myself have never stayed in such a filthy place. It was so bad that we hardly slept all night. We wouldn't even take a shower. There were hair and yearn around the toilet, I wish we would have checked out the room before we paid for it. This Hotel chain should check out the conditions. VERY, VERY BAD OH! Plus the room they gave us was a handicap room.

Room Tip: I could not rate this place.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patti G
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The price is right, the location is central, and my room was clean. If you need a flat screen TV, pony up the cash for a more expensive hotel. Want to save a few bucks? Stay here! Plus, the offer a free breakfast in the morning! Yea, it's not eggs Benedict or lobster omelets, but for $60ish a night you can't beat it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank xJEFFROx
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I requested non-smoking and received a room that smelled like smoke and had an ashtray on the table. I asked agent if room was non-smoking and he said he was positively sure. The ash tray was set there just in case guest wanted to smoke which made no sense. I had two children with me and it was very upsetting.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family