“Good food and service”

Charlie Clark's Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Get a "taste" of history at Charlie Clarks Steakhouse in beautiful Pinetop-Lakeside, located in Northeast Arizona at an elevation of 7,200 feet. Nestled away in the largest stand of Ponderosa pine trees in the United States, the atmosphere at Charlie's is one of western elegance. Since 1938, Charlie Clarks has been specializing in the finest Mesquite-Broiled Steaks and Chicken, Prime Rib and Seafood in the White Mountains.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Friendly people welcome you to this restaurant, but being a STEAK HOUSE you'd expect the cook to know how to make a PITTSBURG steak. Not a clue. I had the Prime Rib and it was very good. A large serving. The salad was about the caliber of what you get anywhere when you get a house salad. Nothing special.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went to Charlie Clarks for the first time on saturday june 21 2014. The place was so crowded from the outside I figured it must be good if that many people were there. I waited 45 min for a table which was 2x longer than they estimated. After ordering which I did as soon as I sat down it took 70 minutes YES 70 min for a 12 oz steak and chicken fingers. The steak was about 35 percent in fat which meant I had very little to eat after I cut that off. The mashed potatoes came out ICE COLD. They couldn't even scoop out a warm portion of mashed potatoes after an hour I got one that was sitting out for 20 min and not even under a hot lamp. The Food was over priced and honestly not even as good as Outback or Texas Roadhouse. I was in the Charlie Clark's for 2.5 hours which is a long long time for average food at best. I was so mad and hungry when I left they offered a piece of cake to me and I said no thanks I just want to leave. we had to be at go karts down the street by 9 bc they close at 9 and I left there at 10 to 9 after getting there at 630. If you want a long long wait and just ok food go here. If you want better service and to leave not hungry I would recommend Mc Donalds or Taco Bell much cheaper and faster. There are other places like Charlie Clarks on the same street I would try one of them before ever going back Charlie Clarks.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We went with friends who rave about this place. We waited over an hour for our food to arrive. My wife's tuna nachos were very good. I had the fish fry 'special' - basically fish and chips with some very tired 'cowboy beans' instead of chips, and the driest, toughest and most tasteless frozen cod I've ever had in my life! It was completely inedible. Everyone else seemed to like their dinners - the country fried steak was enormous! Do yourself and stick to the large outdoor bar under the trees in the back.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

As usual food was good, dined in the bar area. They provided complimentary chips as we waited for the food to be served.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We could not order off the dinner menu while seated at the patio area. The menu is limited to burgers or a prime rib sandwich that we ordered, The food is brought over from the steak house. The area filled up for the free band entertainment.