“Had a fabulous stay”

Wolfscastle Country Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wolf's Castle
“Had a fabulous stay”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed overnight with my husband and 2 children aged 6 & 7 for a wedding. Room was comfortable spacious and clean. Staff very helpful, nothing too much trouble and food was fantastic. Have had meals out here after the stay and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Haverfordwest
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The quality of the 4 course meal that was produced for us this evening was simply first class. Everyone involved in the organisation of this meal should be congratulated on an outstanding performance. Would highly recommend their speciality evenings for quality and value for money. Thank you all very much.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
AlltyrAfon, Owner at Wolfscastle Country Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
It is not easy to maintain high standards, but we strive very hard. Thank you.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Everyone of our guests said the food served at our reception was very good, tasty and with good service. The three rooms we used for two nights were very comfortable with plenty of space and very comfortable beds.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
It was our pleasure to cater for your special day and it was nice to hear that you found our new beds so comfortable! Thank you.
Herts
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I booked this hotel after looking at their web page and reading reviews on Trip Advisor. I booked over the telephone and I specifically told them that I was booking for my sister & I traveling with an elderly parent. When we arrived we were shown to my mum's room first which seemed absolutely fine.(room 14) They then took us to our room (room 7), although the lady that took us didn't seem to know where it was initially. The first problem was that the two rooms were a long way apart which upset my mother. The second problem was the room. For the money that we were paying I felt that this room was very substandard and the very pokey bathroom smelt of damp.
The final nail in the coffin for us was a notice in our room announcing that there would be a function that evening and we could expect loud music to disturb us until 1.00am. I accept that hotels have to have functions in order to survive but I do think it is something they should mention when you book.
This was supposed to be a holiday for my mum and I could see that she was not happy and as I had made the booking I decided I needed to do something about it. To the hotels credit they let us out of our booking without argument, agreeing that we should have been informed about the function on booking.
I was sad not to able to try the food at this hotel because it got such good reviews and maybe at another time (although not in room 7) I could have enjoyed a visit here. Where we ended up instead was perfect and suited our requirements beautifully so it all worked out in the end.
If you are looking for a quiet weekend away just ask about functions before you book.

Room Tip: Room 7 is in the eaves and a bit dark and pokey especially the bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Renmand
We are so sorry that you did not have the "Wolfscastle experience" - we strive to inform guests if there is a wedding on and you should have been put in adjacent rooms. Whilst room 7 is not our best room, it is well away from any noise. In this case we got it wrong and can only apologise.
Highcliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We got stuck with nowhere to stay 3 adults and 2 children under 3.
I phoned at 18.30 without hesitation and fuss we found accomadation the staff where very very friendly and nothing was to much trouble.On our arrival they lets us have the keys to freshen up and sort the kids out before booking in

The Hotel had a calm and friendly air about it even with our noisy kids.
The food , evening and breakfast was cooked to order and even arriving late wasnt a problem.
The rooms we had where confortable and clean.

All pricing was reasonably, with great service the price is the least of concern

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. Whenever I saty in a hotel a "friendly air" makes a huge difference. Something we try very hard to achieve at Wolfscastle.
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Really can't say too many great things about this hotel. The room we stayed in was beautiful, with an indescribably comfy bed and the food in the restaurant was amazing.But what truly made the stay, were the fantastic staff who were wonderful, in particular one Mr Stirling who really went out of his way to help. Can't recommend enough!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. It is so nice to receive such positive feedback and obviously you were the sort of guests that interacted with us.
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We were very well looked afte by all the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone was very friendly. The breakfast was cooked to order and was about the best I've had anywhere.

Room Tip: There is no lift so it's worth asking for a room on a lower floor if anyone in the party has mob...
Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
It is much harder to teach someone to be pleasant & helpful than to do a job. So we only employ "nice" people and then, hopefully, train them to do the job. I abhor sit about breakfast buffets, hence, everything is cooked to order and it is so nice to hear it is appreciated.

Thank you.
#1 of 6 in St Davids
Warpool Court Hotel
Warpool Court Hotel
#3 of 6 in St Davids

Been to Wolfscastle Country Hotel? Share your experiences!