“excellent valentines night”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wolf's Castle
Tenby, United Kingdom
“excellent valentines night”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

we stayed here 14th feb for valentines night,really lovely stay,the food was very good,all 5 courses were very tasty and well presented by their excellent staff,all of which were very happy to help,charlotte deserves special mention for her help and friendly nature a credit to the wolfscastle,the room we stayed in was very nice,clean,and comfortable,what more can you ask for,will we stay again ,yes for certain we will watch out for the special nights,thank you all at the wolfscastle for excellent stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TenbyWalesRay
AlltyrAfon, Owner at Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
I will pass on your comments to charlotte, she is a lovely girl & I am very lucky to have her. It is so nice when staff are recognised individually, thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Me and my husband have eaten here a number of times! The food is lovely! You get what you pay for! The restaurant is nicely decorated and the staff are friendly. I do highly recommend this place for food. I even got a voucher for my friends birthday so she could have a meal out on me!!! Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words, we feel our food has gone up another gear with our new head chef. We look forward to being of service to you again.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed here recently for four nights and was very pleased with the standard of accommodation. The restaurant was lovely and the bar area comfortable. Free wi fi is so important for my business travel and I appreciated the availability. The hotel is undergoing some outside refurbishment which will be lovely when completed.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
AlltyrAfon, Owner at Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, 9 February 2013
Thank you for your comments. Hopefully by Easter we will have completed the re-furbishment which will give us a larger more contemporary bar & a small comfortable lounge. w are all so excited about it.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I stayed here for a week in January whilst working in the area. The rooms were of a decent size and well looked after and cleaned. The decor was fine although some have said it was a little dated. The wifi was a little hit and miss, but in the bar area was fine. The food was outstanding although the menu isn't overly extensive. The prawn starter is a must!!! All of the hotel staff were very pleasant and couldn't do enough for me, which makes or breaks the hotel. The hotel is having a conservatory added which will be finished in April, and this will extend the bar area and make it a little more modern. Overall I cannot fault the hotel and will definitely be stopping here again.

Crewe
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I visited here on business mid week in January and, having stayed at the Fishguard Bay last visit would have been happy with anything as an improvement.

I was delighted with my room and the very welcome bottles of water following my long journey. There was plenty of room to work on my laptop and the bed and decor were great. I met family for dinner which we chose to eat in the bar as it was so cozy and were served by the friendliest, most helpful gentleman - I believe he was called Dave (?). He advised on the wine and the menu without being pushy.

Following a great nights sleep I had the best cooked breakfast ever - so large even I couldn't finish it - beautifully cooked and seasoned perfectly.

I will definitely come back and would detour to this hotel even if it is not on the direct route. In fact, I may bring the family next time for a leisure visit.

This is how a hotel should be. Friendly but luxurious.

(not a criticism, a suggestion? Could you consider some light music at breakfast as it was a little quiet?)

1 Thank Gaynor O
AlltyrAfon, Owner at Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments. Davee, the young person you refer to, is a real asset, and it will be a great encouragement for him to progress having seen his name in print. Again, thank you.
Pembrokeshire
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Recently had our wedding at the Wolfscastle Country Hotel and it was perfect. From the first day we made an inquiry to the big day itself, the staff were relaxed and professional. The food was lovely, and all tables were served very quickly after each other; something that not all weddings I've been managed.
Easy location for everyone to get to, ample parking. Would highly recommend for a special occasion.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
AlltyrAfon, Owner at Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
We so love doing weddings as they are the most important days in many peoples lives, we bear that in mind from start to finish. Thank you fo ryour comments
Dale, Pembrokeshire UK
Reviewed 15 December 2012

salmon starter - fabulous. vegetarian - average. pavlova -poor.coffee non-descript. Music drove most people off the dance floor.
heating dodgy.
more round tables would be nice
nice surroundings but then i live here.

Room Tip: christmas meal not staying
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
I am not sure we had the right vegetarian for our Xmas parties so will be changing that next year & individual pavlovas can sometimes dry up, so again we will be changing that; although with the fresh strawberries we poached in red wine the flavour was awesome. Coffee, well we use the finest freshly ground coffee!! If you look on facebook many people eulogised about everything to do with our Xmas parties and have already booked for next year - but thank you for your comments
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolf's Castle
#1 of 6 in St Davids
St. Davids Cross Hotel
St. Davids Cross Hotel
#2 of 6 in St Davids

Been to Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!