Protea Hotel Dar es Salaam Amani Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ras Kutani(Kutani)
  • Breakfast included
Villa Nyangumi(Dar es Salaam)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Sunrise Beach Resort(Dar es Salaam)
View Hotel
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
View Hotel
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeach barthe cottagesrecommended placeexcellent weekenddar es salaamindian oceanhigh tidelovely pool areabath and showerperfect getawayperfect beachprivate beachbeach holidaythoroughly enjoyed our staybeautiful roomlonger staythe hotel manager
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We had a stay of 2nights at this hotel and i had a toddler with me ....the place was amazing ....from the room ,the beach ,food , service ....the staff were so friendly , my baby enjoyed alot ...everything was soo comfortable and neat aswell ... We had some problem in booking i guess the manager double booked or something but then it all sorted out(please double check ur booking jst incase) ....and for my surprise i hardly could see any mosquitoes....the location makes the hotel all worth :) ....its a perfect place for relaxing ...a big Yes to this hotel if u r planning to go

Stayed: October 2013
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel Dar es Salaam Amani Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear GUEST

Good day, thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your experience online. I am really glad that you had a fantastic time and that the STAFF ensured your comfort. I apologise for the reservation mess up, will check with Jimmy and ensure it doesn't happen again. We look forward to host you again soon.

Thanks and regards.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Only 30 mins from the ferry at Dar Es Salaam the Protea is a beautiful escape away from the city, rooms are great all with fabulous ocean views, food good, location perfect, service excellent. A really well ran hotel would recommend to anyone, we will be going back...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 481AlanA
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel Dar es Salaam Amani Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear GUEST

Jambo from Protea Hotel Amani Beach. Thank you for staying with us and taking time to write this review. I am really glad that you were very happy with the overall experience. As Jimmy might have explained to you, the renovation of rooms - 3 at a time with minimal or no disturbance to our GUESTS- has started last week. This along with the extensive landscaping works would ensure an unforgettable experience on your next visit.

We look forward to host you again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We arrived here after a long hot journey from Selous and were welcomed by the charming smiling staff and shown our beautiful room with enormous bed and vast bathroom area. It may be a little on the faded side in some places but Jimmy the manager is working through a programme of refurbishment and will soon have things looking absolutely perfect. The beach and setting are perfect, food delicious (lots of veg from their own organic farm) and service great. A great place to end a holiday on and go home feeling totally relaxed - get the hotel to organise the taxi to the airport as they know the best way to avoid the Dar traffic. Would love to go back and see the turtles hatching on the beach. You'll be amused by the antics of the monkeys too! Make sure if you're being driven here your driver knows exactly where to go - call the hotel if they're not sure.

Room Tip: All the rooms have similar views some are a bit nearer the pool/beach than others but none are more than a minute or two's walk from restaurant or beach areas.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wambler
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel Dar es Salaam Amani Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Wambler

Jambo from Protea Hotel Amani Beach. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your beach holiday after a strenuous safari. I am extremely glad to hear that our TEAM looked after you well.

The renovation has already started and we are very excited about it. We are renovating the entire bath room and other areas where such woks are required in the rooms plus public areas. All these works are done only during day time with minimal or no disturbance to our GUESTS. Our gardens are also getting a complete makeover. I promise you that on your next visit you will see a spik n span Amani! We look forward to host you again soon and hopefully treat you to the wonder of turtle hatching.

Protea Hotels Dar es Salaam

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I am here for my second weekend over the last couple of months and I could not be happier. This is a stunning slice of Indian Ocean. The pool is lovely, refreshing, clean. Staff are so nice. The rooms are spacious and this time I had to ask them to separate the giant king into 2 singles; no problem at all. Everwhere I look, I am struck by beauty. My only hope is that I can keep coming back and it will continue to be a peaceful haven in the years to come!

Room Tip: If you tell them what you want, they are very accommodating and at selecting a room for you. Last time we were close to the pool and had tons of monkeys. This time we have an amazing sea view. So far, it is all good!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michelle R
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel Dar es Salaam Amani Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Michelle R

Jambo! Thank you for staying with us again and taking time to write this review. I am really glad that you appreciated the hotel, surroundings and above all the STAFF& their service. I will pass your compliments to the TEAM, they will be glad to learn that their hard work don't go unnoticed.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was in Dar with work and decided to take the weekend off. Amani Beach hotel was just perfect. It took a while for me to reach via the ferry, but once we crossed over the drive was smooth and the hotel very easy to find. What really touched me was the warm welcome I received from the staff there and the beautiful beach and pool area. It just enveloped me into feeling relaxed and the pace immediately slows down. The rooms are very functional and the breakfast is great as well. I would definitely be back here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Drew R
DinishAntony, General Manager at Protea Hotel Dar es Salaam Amani Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Drew R

Jambo from Protea Hotel Amani Beach. Thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your experience. I am really glad that our TEAM took great care of you and ensured you left with fond memories. We look forward to host you again soon.