“Easter break”

Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jason B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Reviewed 21 April 2014

From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful...a good starting point to any stay. We had booked a standard room with two single beds and what we got, to our lovely surprise, was a room with two bedrooms and a kitchen with crockery, cutlery and a microwave....WOW! Everything was spotless, the towels were plentiful, white and fluffy, there were ample toiletries provided as well as a good selection of tea and coffee. As I was travelling with my 20 year old son, the extra room and space was very much appreciated, especially for a 3 night stay over the busy Easter Weekend when he was performing at the National Folk Festival. So we were delighted with the lovely room and when it came time to get some sleep the next surprise awaited us! We both agreed that we have never slept in beds as comfortable as provided at this hotel...you simply wanted to stay in it when morning came around. I had read many reviews of this hotel and was a bit cautious about staying there but I can't speak highly enough of our experience and can only say it was worth every penny and I will only be looking at this one hotel next time I need to stay in Canberra. As well as everything I've mentioned, the peace and quiet was amazing. If I had any criticism it would be the difficulty of parking anywhere near your room if you come home late at night...perhaps numbered and parking spots would alleviate the problem of guests taking up to 3 spaces by parking at odd angles wherever they like. Thankyou Ibis Styles Eaglehawk....you were brilliant!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hi ThereseCam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback!

I have shared your comments with our team - it's always nice to be able to give them some positive feedback and a pat on the back. It will definitely serve as encouragement to continuously improve our services.

I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the this one. I look forward to seeing you around the hotel again soon

Reviewed 21 April 2014

It is a resort style hotel and a bit old but there were a little renovation to make it look good enough like the cloth cabinet and bath room counter. Anyway it is on par with the rate. What impressed me is the response to my note about defects in the room which mentioned 2 items and the hotel immediately change one and try to correct another, even imperfectly, item the same day. The dinner is OK as regards the quality and price.

1  Thank Prasas T

Hi Prasast,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk. I value feedback quite highly and it is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback.

We are currently looking at plans to refurbish most of the hotel which as I'm sure you can understand is a big project. I am glad that my team catered to your needs!

I hope to see you around the hotel again in the near future

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The female staff member at the front desk when we checked in and out was just lovely a credit to the establishment and nothing was too much trouble. Food and staff at dinner were great. The woman at breakfast the next morning really had a supercilious manner and when we changed our order we were treated as if we were going to do a runner. Not the way to end what had been a pleasant relaxing stay. have been staying there on and off for years and really had no problems good value and close to where we need to go.

Hi CAP010114,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

I have passed on your feedback to both our Front Office Manager & Restaurant Manager so that they can share this with their teams. I do apologise that you felt that way when departing our restaurant - that is not our intention by any means.

I will work with the crew to fix what may have caused this problem and prevent it from occurring again.

I hope to see you staying with us again soon

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Appropriately priced hotel. Rooms were clean and standard. No standout features.

Dissapointments were:
Booking confirmation email had check in and out at midday but reception said on check in that the times were wrong and hence our room wasn't ready. Had to move rooms away from the rest of our group.

Also the email confirmation said breakfast was included. When we got there it was only continental included and extra $ for the hot buffet.

Two small details that could be made more clear on the email prior to us arriving.

1  Thank BrissieTraveller83

Hi BrissieTraveller83,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I have passed this on to our Front Office Manager so that she can update our confirmation email and all our websites so that the information provided on these are up to date. I do apologise for any inconvenience that these issues may have caused!

I will work with her to ensure that this problem is rectified and prevented from occurring again

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This place has a feel and look of a good road motel, however it is far from a 4-star hotel, as it is advertised. Stayed here for a night during trip to Canberra. Rooms are neat and tidy, all furniture very new. However, it all doesn't look thought-through and not cozy at all... In addition, I killed two cockroaches and a spider in a room which was not very pleasant. Breakfast was very basic - a couple of pastry options, some fruit, toasts and that's all...
I wouldn't stay here for longer than one night, especially keeping the price in mind.

Hi Sashkello,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us here at ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk.

I am so sorry that you had beetles in your room! I have sent this feedback to our Executive Housekeeper so she is aware of this problem and can prevent it from occurring again.

At ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. It is a brand standard that we include continental breakfast with most packages and that does include the items you listed plus cereal and tea & coffee. I apologise if this didn't meet your expectations.

I appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Ibis Budget Canberra
Mercure Canberra
#25 of 58 in Canberra
Parklands Hotel & Apartments
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra

Been to Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk? Share your experiences!