“Very average”

Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms really need updating, we even had an old tv. A gym is advertised, an old rundown treadmill is not a gym. Price included breakfast, on our second morning we found that this was only continental. We had to pay $ 20 for breakfast and then they expected us to pay another $16 for a hot, buffet style breakast. I expect my choice of eggs and whatever else I want to be freshly cooked for this price. Need to really address these issues.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy K
Jason B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Hi Wendy K,

Thanks for your feedback. Apologies that your stay was not to standard. I'm currently working on a refurbishment for most of the hotel, which will address most of the issues in which you mentioned. I will pass your feedback on to our Exec Chef, we normally get nothing but compliments on breakfast so we will address this ASAP.

Hope to see you around the hotel again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was inexpensive so we did not have high expectations. However you do expect some basic upkeep and cleanliness standards to be met.
We had a booking with breakfast included. There was no indication that this would be continental c.f. full breakfast until we reached the dining room.
A disappointment really.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heather1950174
Jason B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hi Heather1950174,

Thanks for the feedback. I apologise about the issues you experienced, I am currently putting plans in place to refurbish most of the hotel to bring the standard up. I'll follow up with my crew in regards to informing guests of inclusions.

Hope to see you around again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stay of 2 nights and the 4th occasion for us. This is a tired accommodation, but such good value! Cheapest in Canberra. Quiet. Rooms are dated, and towels and linen old, good air conditioning for heating as was -2 overnight. Staff are happy despite current takeover and helpful. Buffet breakfast is nothing special. Location is out if town, very poor signage, and you need to take care not to miss Eaglehawk Hill ramps !!! So why am I giving this stay any cudos - let me tell you about the gorgeous birdsong, the bunnies outside my window, and the enormous herd of kangaroos grazing on the edge of this property this morning - real Australia !

Room Tip: All good and parking close.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karabahplace
Jason B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Hi Karabahplace,

Thanks for your feedback. Happy to hear that you love our location! You'll be pleased to know that I am currently putting plans in place to refurbish most of the hotel, which will fix the problems that you indicated you had. A big task, but well worth it!

Hope to see you around the hotel, playing with the kangaroos and rabbits again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I thought I had missed it as I headed back into NSW with two calls to reception who gave me vague directions. Arriving late the check in was unfriendly & unhelpful. Overpriced and marketed for skiers. Room great clean, large, bathroom spotless.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MaisyPortMacquarie
Jason B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hi MaisyPortMacquarie,

Thank you for your feedback. Currently looking at better signage for the hotel and highway to eliminate future guests getting lost. Sorry that you experienced poor service - definitely not something that occurs frequently so will speak to me crew personally!

Hope to see you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Barb D

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place is about a 15 min drive to the middle of canberra (and about the same to the gold creek tourist area). It is located next to a service station and there is also a pub located close by.

It's a big property... resort style (not sure it's really a resort though) in a bush setting. Roos, rabbits, ducks, birds.. they are all wandering around!

The check-in reception area is stylish and check in was a breeze AND this hotel actually responds to emails (many don't!).

The room was older style but was clean. We had a fridge, microwave, etc.
The walls are thin.. we could hear a baby on one side and a toddler on the other.
The heating is centrally controlled and we got a bit hot at times (had to open the door).

The bathroom was older and probably in need of maintenance, but it was clean. I am tall and found the shower head too low and i wasn't able to adjust it.

Bed was fine, Tv is an old crt type but the channels were fine and we had 3g optus service here.

Check out third party booking sites for good deals... they can be found.

I would stay here again.. I wouldn't eat at the in house restaurant again (wintergarden.. I will review this too).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Taraandkate,

Thank you for your feedback. So happy to see that your stay was warm and comfortable and that my crew looked after you! We are currently putting plans in place to refurbish most of the hotel which will eliminate the issues that you mentioned you experienced. I do apologise for this!

Will hopefully see you around isceh again soon

Reviewed 24 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Ibis Budget Canberra
Quality Hotel Dickson
Quality Hotel Dickson
#23 of 59 in Canberra
Parklands Hotel & Apartments

Been to Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk? Share your experiences!