“Dirty!!”

Country Comfort Hunts Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Casula
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed here last night with my 2 children, the foyer smelt like smoke. The room stunk like I am not sure..there were awfull stains all over the carpet. The bathroom was discussingly filthy as well as the kitchenette..one word GROSS

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank JIndygirl
CIHL, Manager at Country Comfort Hunts Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write to us to convey your concerns.

I have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I have personally spoken with our Executive Head Housekeeper, to which I am assured that they have taken the necessary action within their department to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future. I can assure you that this incident is an isolated one, and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you did not receive our normally high standards of service.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed there on Saturday night the 20th payed $125.00 well i expected a bit more we were going to stay up the road but chose Hunts and payed a bit extra our room was right down the back not very good lighting or signage got into the room funny smell opened the window no flyscreen went to have shower the shower curtain was filthy the cold water tap was on the hot and the hot on the cold the bathroom basin hadnt been cleaned and went to have a coffe one cup was dirty and no teaspoons to stir the coffe ,and one of the lamps near the shade had benn glued back on not what i expected felt very uncomfortable but it was late and already had paid so couldnt leave to decided to go to Mecure at Liverpool on Sunday night fantastic motel

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leanne H

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us to convey your concerns. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations and service standards.

I have spoken to the staff member that you have mentioned and they apologize for the way you was treated at time of check in

Again i sincerely apologize and hope to see you back at Comfort Inn Hunts Liverpool again in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I recently stayed here for two nights on business and within the first five minutes I doubted why I would want to stay again. I went to the front desk to check in at 1:45pm, I was informed that check on wasn't until 2:00pm so I would have to return then, I said that is fair enou rules are rules so I went to have lunch. Whe I returned at 2:00pm the women behind the desk preceded to check me in, and it all went down hill from there, what should have taken 5 minutes took over half an hour because she kept answering the phone when she was supposed to be serving me. She didn't give me a key which I thought was strange so I asked is the key in the room and she said yes, when I finally found my room (this place is a labryinth) it was of course locked, I went back to reception and she was on the phone yet again, When she finally was off she gave me a key.

After my terrible experience checking in the rest was fine, the rooms are old but clean and spacious, the shower head was rubbish. The room service was quick and restaurant staff lovely.

It is ok for families but not for the business traveller I expect much better service.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily G
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel is very well located and convenient to the airpot. The hotel has been around a while and could do with a touch up here and there. Staff in all areas were friendly and helpful. The rooms are large but a little dated. The bed was comfortable and clean. The hotel represents good value for money in the overpriced Sydney market. The restaurant was good and the food quite acceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back to minimise noise from the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week, while my daughter was competing at a sporting event nearby. The hotel rooms are not new and could do with a revamp, but the beds are comfortable, there is a toaster, kettle, a microwave on request and a good shower. We ate at the restaurant several nights and the food was not fancy, but good value and tasty. The reception staff could do with some friendliness training, but the restaurant staff were fantastic, providing great service and atmosphere.
The downer about our stay was that I left a very expensive and nearly new bottle of perfume behind in the bathroom, and when I emailed to the next day to let them know and to try and recover it, I got a very short email saying housekeeping checked room, no perfume was found. I emailed back asking them to recheck, as it definitely didn't come home with me and got a shouting, abrupt email in return. This has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I am now reluctant to recommend this hotel, despite our earlier good experience. Oh well, lesson learned - to check and recheck the room before checking out!! - I have reported it, so maybe there will be more to this review later.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Hotel is old, dirty and cold. Could not use the heater, as it blew dust, and was extremely noisy. Walls are thin, front receptionist is rude. Has not been updated in a long time, bed was very old, and not enough blankets. Bathroom was filthy. Was on business trip, and have recommended to the company we do not use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ava255068
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just adequate, clean but tired. On highway convenient access to Hume Highway - stayed here to play in a golf tournament nearby. Would not recommend for anything beyond a quick one night stay.

Room Tip: Rear room essential being on a busy highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casula
Mercure Sydney Liverpool
Rydges Bankstown
Rydges Bankstown
#2 of 2 in Bass Hill
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel

Been to Country Comfort Hunts Liverpool? Share your experiences!