“Ran out of food !!!! at the Bella Fonte Function Centre”

Country Comfort Hunts Liverpool
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Casula
Sydney, Australia
“Ran out of food !!!! at the Bella Fonte Function Centre”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We held an important Gala dinner at the Bella Fonte events centre which is linked to the Motel
This review is only about the Function centre as we did not stay in the Motel.
We had 130 friends attend our Gala dinner and we were very happy with everything apart from the food.
When the last table of 10 arrived at the buffet there was no food left apart from a few salads.
The staff we very embarrassed but could do little to help as they had nothing left .We ended up with a plate of chips a bread roll and some salad not good enough!!!. The deserts ran out also and were not received well .
There were complaints from some of our group about the tea and coffee being removed around 10pm not good enough when everyone paid for a coffee .
Our girls worked so hard to put on a great night but were let down baldly by Hunts I feel so bad for them.

Room Tip: Dont eat there they can not be trusted
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Graeme06111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My family and I were to stay in this hotel this weekend. Upon arriving I checked in with the somewhat less than helpful receptionist. After making our way around to the room my wife promptly took the 2 flights of stairs to check out our family room (perfect location for toddlers mind you). Dirty, old, run down was what I got told when she came back. I took a look myself. Old, beds looked like the originals from 1970. The bathroom didn't look like it had ever seen a cleaning chemical. The carpet looked like it was dragged off the highway adjacent to the hotel.

We went back to reception to let them know of our disgust and that we were canceling our reservation. To which we were promptly told "no refund. Call your booking agent." No problem. Get them on the phone from the parking lot. While waiting for them to deal with the cancellation I come across 2 used, yes used, tampons in the mailbox newspaper slot. We told the staff of this and waited in the car park for 10 minutes to book another hotel and didn't see anyone come to clean it up. Poor service, poor quality rooms and an obvious lack of self respect. For a room that was not cheap, I expected a lot more.

Avoid this hotel like the plague!!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike S
CIHL, Manager at Country Comfort Hunts Liverpool, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Comfort Inn Hunts Liverpool. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Comfort Inn Hunts Liverpool, we strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the areas highlighted in your guest feedback.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Regards
Mark Ansell
Manager
Comfort Inn Hunts Liverpool

Travellers are raving about these Casula hotels

Canberra
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Staying at the Hunts was convient for me because alternative accommodation in the area is pretty average. Liverpool seems to lack good accommodation, so this place is the better one. This place has this late seventies, early eighties look simply because of the design of the brick work, room layout and the colour of the carpets. (zig zag brown). This place is design for big wedding parties and small conferences. lots a rooms and plenty of conference/meeting rooms. Probably affordable as well. I must admit, the Bella Fonte event centre has a very large modern function room with a beautiful side courtyard. but unfornatelly it is surrounded by, the by product of being near the crossroads. Over the years, you can see evidence of car fumes stains and of course hearing the roar of the traffic. However inside my room I slept well and I wasn't affected by the traffic noise. if you wondered outside, the chirping of the lorakeets was louder then the traffic. For an alternate meal, you can wonder across the road to the famous crossroad pub. Every Australian must visit this pub.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

We got an old, broken, outdated room. Had it not been late we would have found somewhere else. The room….. so so so so so bad.

If your going to stay here make sure you view your room before you pay/book!

In our room, I can't think of anything that was ok or good… no wait there was soap. But on the bad side there was the following:

Shower leaked
Air Conditioning made noise (and it wasn't even on?).
Stains on the tables, sheets, towels, everywhere.
Chewing gum on the lamp.
Cigaret burns on the table.
bolt on door had at one point been kicked in and not fixed.
Power sockets had no covers (so had to keep my son in our cot)

I will not be going back.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank JohnSharonK
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The initial reason we chose this hotel was because the rooms were cheap but once we arrived Comfort Inn Hunts exceeded our expectations. We stayed for 5 nights whilst meeting up with relatives. The room facilities were great. Mark was friendly and helpful. In fact, everything was beyond expectation!

I will stay at Comfort Inn Hunts again and confidently recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We stayed on the 12th and 13th November it was in an old room the bathroom was not clean the pillow had blood on the cover as we were seeing an oncologist at Liverpool Hospital it was close but we would never stay there again and would not recommend to anyone. The foyer was dirty, we had stayed there before after a Christmas party that is why we stayed there the whole place needs a make over. we sent a reply to a survey but we got no feedback from it very disappointing as we had travelled from Melbourne to see the oncologist we couldn't really afford to go to another one and loose our money.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jacki c
CIHL, Manager at Country Comfort Hunts Liverpool, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I wish to sincerely apologise that your stay was unpleasant and not to our normal standard. Cleanliness is our first and foremost priority and therefore I will take action with our laundry provider and most especially our housekeeping first thing tomorrow,

However if you contact me direct I would be happy to discuss the issues with you.

With sincere regards,

Mark
Manager
Comfort Inn Hunts Liverpool
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed here last night with my 2 children, the foyer smelt like smoke. The room stunk like I am not sure..there were awfull stains all over the carpet. The bathroom was discussingly filthy as well as the kitchenette..one word GROSS

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank JIndygirl
CIHL, Manager at Country Comfort Hunts Liverpool, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write to us to convey your concerns.

I have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I have personally spoken with our Executive Head Housekeeper, to which I am assured that they have taken the necessary action within their department to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future. I can assure you that this incident is an isolated one, and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you did not receive our normally high standards of service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casula
Quest Liverpool
Gardenia Motor Inn
Gardenia Motor Inn
#1 of 2 in Bass Hill
Best Western Casula Motor Inn

Been to Country Comfort Hunts Liverpool? Share your experiences!