“Cool gardens crazy service”
Review of le Jardin

le Jardin
Price range: US$2 - US$13
Cuisines: Moroccan, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Les habitues des ruelles labyrinthiques de la medina de Marrakech sont deja certainement familiers du Cafe des Epices, lieu de rencontre renomme pour profiter d’une pause entre les souks. Nombreux ont du faire connaissance avec Le Jardin, le second etablissement cree par Kamal Laftimi qui en collaboration avec l’architecte d’interieur Anne Favier,a fait naitre une veritable oasis de fraicheur au centre d’une batisse du XVIeme siecle superbement renovee. La modeste porte du lieu franchie, un jardin luxuriant equipe de petits salons exterieurs ou interieurs et d’une multitude de lumieres d’ambiance s’offre aux yeux ; il est surplombe de terrasses ou l’on peut le soir venu assister en plein air a des projections de films classiques. Son design marocain, au chic auropeen, en appelle a l’esprit des annees dorees de Marrakech de 1960 a 70, que le Pop Up Shop de Norya Ayron celebre au rez-de- chaussee de l’etablissement.Avec son menu qui propose un large choix de plats marocains ou europeens
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This cool restaurant is set in a little garden with tortoises and birds. It has a short wine list and a few beers on offer. Food was good, little parcels of cheese and veg and tomato and mozzarella to start followed by lamb tagine and duck with figs for second course. The service started off good but went rapidly downhill as they got busy. When we asked for the dessert menu they brought us a whole new set of bread and dips etc. as though we'd just arrived then forgot our tea, twice. Nice atmosphere though and the food was good. Nice touch of live music too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,408)

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

After ducking through a tiny wooden door (I am 6"3) in a wall we entered a garden paradise! We were immediately greeted and seated among lush greenery and quickly offered drinks and menus.
The service continued to be fantastic as was the food at very reasonable prices!
The whole experience was remarkable, made better by the two tortoises doing the rounds

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

As I sat waiting for my first course the last call for prayer reminded me that I was in Marrakech. The ambience of this restaurant made me feel that I could have been in any major fashionable city.
The staff were elegantly dressed entirely in black. The background music was not distracting. Candles were used to dress the tables. Fortunately, l didn't need a reservation, but I am sure that in the coming months one will be required.
The food was fantastic. I had the duck with figs. The portions were perfect.
The next time I am in Marrakech I will definitely return.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Beautiful restaurant in the heart of Marrakech Medina. Exotic decor and good food. The menu offers more than tajine and couscous, which is nice. The restaurant serves good wine also, which is rare in the medina.

The only turn-off was that the owner asked us to change tables twice for new customers that wanter our spot. Not appreciated.

1  Thank sophieSorel_tracy
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My boyfriend and i had our last meal in Marrakesh at Le Jardin on a night when it was pouring down with rain, but the atmosphere was still perfect the candles lit and outdoor heaters on keeping us warm under the sheltered outdoor areas. The food was delicious, staff friendly and the styling of the restaurant and planting in the central courtyard created a beautiful oasis setting. I would definitely go back again. Thank you.