Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferno
Melbourne, Australia
“perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

we stayed overnight in 2 interconnecting twin rooms (4 of us) before catching a flight at 10am the next day. we drove our hire car from Bergamo straight there- good signage all the way to Malpensa airport then to terminal 1 then huge signs to the Sheraton; didn't see signs to any other airport hotels on this route! The car rental return was adjacent to the hotel so also extremely convenient. Huge hotel, but then rooms were spacious with large bathrooms, English news channels on TV. Beds very comfortable. had a fantastic night's sleep. reception was OK. Pool and gym both fantastic with brand new gym equipment. 10 euros charged for 3 swimming caps. 12 euros for in room wifi for a 24 hour period, quite fast speed. free wifi in lobby only. Free tea/coffee w kettle provided in rooms. have to ring for bathrobe but it's free.
THE best thing however was the location: just walk through a double door and you are in terminal 1 by the entrance to the trains to the right and the arrival hall to the left with lifts up to departures within 100m-- cant get better than that! we had dinner in the airport terminal- OK food, cheap and quick.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Dear Gohawks23,

We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for the nice review on Trip Advisor. It is always gratifying to receive such praise ! We are delighted to know you felt you were in the right place.
Hope to welcome you backs soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Going to the meeting in hotel , took this hotel as an obvious choice for one overnight stay! Hotel is new, modern, check -in service is smooth! Restaurant offers quite tasty food in limited choice (overall lightning in it should be changed, IMHO). Nearby bar offers more pleasant atmosphere and is much better choice for the snack and drink.
Rooms are nice, clean, bathroom is very nice. If you are not an ,,easy sleeper" you could experience some difficulties due to quite loud air-condition!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Dear drlR,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback on Trip Advisor !

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Sheraton Malpensa, all your comments are taken in great consideration.
About the lighting atmosphere of our restaurant we regret you did not like it, of course being quite big it may present different perceptions
to our guests.
We will pass your notes of the noisy air conditioning to our maintenance team, although their efforts in keeping all the rooms in order , there must
have been an oversight in the room you have occupied. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
We hope to welcome you back in the future and may be for more than one night! Milan is easily accessible from the airport by train.
Warmest regards,
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

I recently flew into Malpensa on a red-eye flight, arriving very early in the morning. As I wanted to take a rest, refresh myself and get adjusted to the time difference, I decided to stay at this hotel for my first day and night since it's right at the terminal. During reservation, I had advised the hotel of my early arrival and ask if it will be fine and they reassured me it will be. I thought maybe they are extending their courtesy in recognition of my SPG program membership.

However, upon my arrival at the hotel, I was told at reception that there wasn't any Classic Room available at that time but Club Rooms were available if I pay 30 Euro for an upgrade. As I was tired and just wanted a room, I agreed and reminded reception that I had originally requested a quiet room during reservation and she told me it wasn't not a problem.

It's well detailed in TripAdvisor reviews of this hotel of the long walk to rooms which I told myself during the walk it doesn't matter if I get my quiet room. As soon as I settled down in the room, I realized I can actually hear noises from the traffic which the room overlooks despite the double glazed windows. I called reception immediately to request a room change citing the noise from traffic and the first response was "how can it be." The person who answered my call wasn't the same person who checked me in so I told him to go through my original reservation request and check with his colleague that I did emphasize the importance for a quiet room. I also asked him to come personally to the room to listen to the noise. He obviously didn't take my suggestion to take the long walk.

Then came the interesting part. He told me that there was no other Club Room with king bed available which I insisted. I told him that my original reservation was also for a king bed Classic Room and if they can't give me a Club Room with a king bed, I wouldn't want the upgrade. So I told him that I'll revert back to my original reservation and to my surprise, he told me that he will send someone to deliver the room key to a Classic Room, which meant that a king bed Classic Room was all along available when I arrived at the hotel since all these happened within 30 minutes from my check-in. It was at that moment that I suspected that I had been deceived to upgrade by the person who checked me in, taking advantage of my need to rest after the long red-eye flight. And they do this to a loyal guest of Starwood, which they called "preferred guest."

I obviously know that there are standard check-in and check-out times and certainly know that early check-in and late check-out are privileges and courtesies extended by the hotels and don't take them for granted, and I've always checked with the hotels if my flight times require early check-in or late check-out and was never unhappy if not possible. But it is not right for the hotel to take advantage of a guest just to make 30 more Euro, although it can probably make a difference to top and bottom lines if many guests are deceived this way.

Otherwise, both the Club and Classic rooms at this hotel are comfortable and comparable to the standard and quality of the newer or recently renovated Starwood hotels. As I was only in the Club Room briefly, the only discernible differences were the additional toiletries and bath tub with shower in the Club Room while the Classic Room has only a walk-in shower. As my package included breakfast and internet access, Club Lounge access and complimentary internet access for Club Room wouldn't make a difference to me. I had dinner, just risotto and wine, at Il Canneto which is quite decent for a layover meal, and the menu and wine list are adequate for an airport hotel while services are attentive. Breakfast spread is also decent although the eggs station was not manned and the poor waitresses always had to look for the cook, exacerbating their short-handedness, but I got a sense that they were trying their best to take care of the guests.

Except for the unpleasant and deceitful check-in experience, this hotel is not too bad for a layover but I'm not sure for a stay beyond that since it appears that this hotel is not attuned to that.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John L
Dear John L,
We attach a great consideration to our Trip Advisors reviewers and would like to thank you
for your feedback. We sincerely regret for the inconveniences you are reporting to us, that affected your impression and memories on your stay at Sheraton Malpensa.
The initial club room was assigned to you with the purpose to offer you a room immediately, due to your early arrival; we apologize if you had the wrong perception we were taking advantage to your situation. We agree with you that the approach should have been differently managed, being our housekeeping staff working in preparing rooms for the new daily arrivals and the situation was continuously changing , as it happened in your case.

In relation to your experience at our restaurant, we will pass your notes to our F&B supervisor for any actions to be taken.

Please accept our apologies for any inadequacies on the service you have received. We do care about our guests and we are sorry when we do not succeed in delivering the right service. We hope to welcome you At Sheraton Malpensa in different occasion giving us the possibility to show you a different hotel as experienced.

With our warmest regards,
Agra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

This hotel is very nice and very big... If you are travelling and prefer to stay on airport due to lack of time then this is the best option... The rooms are big and very nice... but one thing I want to tell you that this hotel is very big means you have to walk enough to reach to your room from the reception... The restaurant are very nice...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Antwerp
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

the room was very nice - and completely sound proof - although slightly cold. it was hard to keep the room heated. the main draw back was the very long walk to the room. all the staff i encoutnereed were efficient and friendly - but very little personal contact. Although the food was good in the restaurant - fairly impersonal and seemed to not be very organised.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

i had a quick meal at the bar and after a long exhausting trip....After my meal i wanted to go to my room and relax and instead of relaxing in my room I was stuck in the elevator for more than 15 min i rang the bell and tried to be patient with no response until i held on to the bell in the elevator for 5 min straight...the engineer or whatever you want to call him came rudely and opened the elevator door as if it was my fault..i travel to malpensa airport often and i don't think this is the way regular customers should be treated!SHAME ON YOU SHERATON FOR YOUR RUDE EMPLOYEES! ALSO THE MANAGER AT THE BREAKFAST AREA IS UNBELIEVABLE RUDE AND ARROGANT!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Astio12,

Indeed to be stuck inside an elevator is not a nice experience for each of us! Please forgive us for the inconvenience, the primary goal of our engineer was to let you out the elevator and to do so it takes quite a few minutes necessary to the release of the lift gears. We extremely regret for the wrong perception that our staff has been rude to you, we are aware that a positive approach is very important and regret that you felt not properly assisted.
As we are concerned about your breakfast experience and regret about that, if you wish you may contact us separately for more information in order to let us know exactly what happened.
We thank you for staying with us and hope to welcome you in the future.

Warmest regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

I flew into MXP a few hours before my partner so checked in to shower, use the gym and have a light breakfast. Was literally a 5 minute walk from the departurea and connected directly to terminal one. Staff is friendly. Nice to have a drink at the bar, which has beautiful views of the snow capped alps. The burger was quite good too! Minor drawbacks...no iron in the rooms and the heat was stuck on full blast. Definitely the most convenient place for MXP compared with the several other places I've tried over the years that were slightly cheaper.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear HK-squared,

Thank you for your nice review on Trip Advisor, we are more than glad to learn that you had a nice stay with us! We regret for inconvenience of the heating, we will inform our engineer staff for any actions of the case, meanwhile Unfortunately about the iron due to Italian law in force we can not provide it inside the room. The only solution they might offer you Is a ironing service. We hope to welcome you back at Sheraton Malpensa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferno
Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport
Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
Novotel Milano Malpensa Airport
#4 of 6 in Cardano al Campo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,082 reviews

Been to Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!