“Oh dear, I've been ripped off!”

Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferno
Dalry, United Kingdom
“Oh dear, I've been ripped off!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Despite checking out on 21st October, the Sheraton is still holding on to my security deposit! They say it's all the bank's fault and the bank tells me that it's the hotel. When contacting the hotel they tell me it can take 30 days to release the deposit!!!!!!

What a total farce.

On top of this it took nearly 30 minutes to check in and much the same to check out as they are more interested in looking after the aircrew who stay there.

The hours free wi-fi cost €3 and when I asked at check I was told that this was my mistake. Obviously I don't understand English, despite the fact I have been speaking it as my mother tongue for 50 years.

4 star prices and 1 star service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Craigtoun
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Craightoun,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
Let us express our regret for not meeting your expectations.
We understand your concerns, it is a common business policy to secure a certain amount upon check-in with credit card provided; due to technical issues the amount was still on pending but promptly released to the credit card Company as soon as you have reported to us.
The long time waiting for the check in/out is subjected to peak of high frequency, please accept our apologies; in spite our efforts to streamline our check-in/out procedures sometime it is difficult to satisfy all our guests. The hotel was very full on those dates.
Internet in available for a fee in all guests rooms; while free of charge in all public areas and at our two link@Sheraton in the hotel, we are sorry for any misunderstanding has occurred.
We trust you will give us another possibility to regain your confidence on us.
With warmest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel the night before we flew back to Australia. I really didn't want to stay at an airport hotel, but we weighed up the convenience factor before a long flight home. We arrived there about 1.30 pm from a road trip from Santa Margherita Ligure and we were able to check in early. We then were able to drop our car off at the rental place which was close by. As there is not really anything to do at the airport, we decided to take the train into the city. The station is close to the hotel through some double sliding doors. The train trip for each of us was Euro 11 each, each way. It was well worth the effort even though we only spent about five hours there. On our return to the hotel, it was a welcome relief just to be able to relax in a spacious room with a huge comfortable bed. The breakfast next morning was included in our room rate, but if you didn't have it included it was Euro 20 each. The breakfast was really good with a huge choice and you could have an omelette made by the chef. This is a very nice hotel to stay for a night or two when convenience matters. By the way, you can't hear the aircraft taking off or landing.

Room Tip: Sorry, I didn't use the spa, so I can't comment.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Malibu, California
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I just spent one night at the Sheraton Hotel at Malpensa airport. I have to say that I can´t imagine why there were so many negative reviews. I booked the room through the Sheraton website and got a very good rate. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and the staff were extremely pleasant. The room was very large, quiet and nicely decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable.

The bathroom was very nice and clean. My only comment here is that they should have a shelf in the shower as there was no place to put soap and shampoo.

The breakfast in the main restaurant was excellent and has a wide variety of choices. Additionally the wifi throughout the hotel is very fast.

If you are passing through Milan and need to spend the night at the airport, I would certainly recommend the Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Beirut
Reviewed 26 October 2013

If you have a morning flight out of Malpensa airport, and you want to avoid getting up early and the morning traffic from Milan, do as I did. I stayed at the Sheraton which is directly connected to the airport. Unlike the other airports' Sheraton, the rooms are really large, nice and clean. Book early and the rates are very reasonable. I booked a club room and had access to the club lounge, which is also spacious, unlike the Sheraton CDG. Very quick check in and check out. What I liked about it, I had a rented car where the delivery is at the same level of the Sheraton check in desk. One comment, when the front desk says that the club lounge is open till 11:pm, I expected to find some food bites until 11:00, and not by 10:00 when the food bar was cleared.
Overall, very convenient and reasonable.

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Although I was hesitant after reading some of the reviews, we were very satisfied with our stay. After 2 weeks traveling around, our flight left early morning and we returned our rental car (which is literally at the end of the hotel) and walked over. Incredibly convenient to walk into the connected terminal the following morning.
Large room, incredibly quiet, a great night sleep. We had drinks in the bar and dinner in the restaurant- nothing exceptional, but not bad.
Recommend if you are flying out the next day- certainly beats a van or taxi, and Malpensa is quite a ways from the city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This a fine hotel but the primary reason to stay here is the unbeatable connection to the airport. The rooms are quiet and well appointed. I have stayed here before for early morning flights, for which it can not be beat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed there one night. My flight arrived a little bit late than the schedule and I was glad I already booked this hotel.
The hotel is the only one attached to the terminal about 6minutes walk from the terminal.
Very huge lobby and even at midnight I was able to order a sandwich at the bar restaurant. Plenty of people in and our. Also to go to center of mildn the train station is outside the lobby. 29minutes and you are in Cardona main station. Express train non stop. I really loved the choice of this hotel for anyone arriving late or has an early flight. I got free Internet in the room because of my SPG. Plus free wifi in public areas.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferno
MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport
Idea Hotel Plus Milano Malpensa Airport
Hotel Villa Malpensa
Hotel Villa Malpensa
#1 of 1 in Vizzola Ticino

Been to Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!