“Great value and location with a few quirks”

Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferno
Orange, California
“Great value and location with a few quirks”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed for two nights so I could have the chance to visit Milan prior to starting a tour without dragging my luggage back and forth to town. I took the Malpensa express to the Cardona station ( about 35 min each way) and was easily able to walk to the key sights. The train station is directly across from the hotel entrance. The room was of the standard mid-range modern chain variety with a few quirks. The first night the towel warmer was on when I entered the room, I took advantage of it but couldn't figure out how to turn it on or off. The second night I wanted to use it again for some laundry but when I called the front desk for assistance I received a "sometimes its on, sometimes its off" answer.
The room is equiped with an electric kettle and coffee/tea. In the morning I filled the kettle, but there was no way to plug it in. The cord disappeared down an unaccessable hole behind the mini fridge and it wasn't plugged in. It was secured in a manner that it couldn't be moved.
I was short on time in the morning so I had breakfast at the hotel. It was good and service was fine, but it was a little pricey. The airport might have other options.
Overall, the bed was comfortable, the room quiet (no airplane noise) and clean. It's great for accessing the airport and the room rate is a good value for the money. Beware of the LONG hallways, if you have mobility issues ask for a room closer to the center.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I used Sheraton for one night to catch a morning flight from the Malpensa Airport.

Made my booking on the net the day before. The booking system worked as it should.

Staff in reception was effective and polite when I arrive and when I left.

Room was clean, and quite (with an airport as a next door neighbor). Long and dark corridors to get to the room.

Good internet connection through cable, but had to log on again after less than one hour on the computer. Had to log on many times during my stay.

Had dinner in the restaurant. Excellent service. The quality of my meal was not as good as the service. Breakfast service was as good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Normally you figure that a hotel on-site at the airport will offer convenience, but not much more. The Sheraton Milan Malpensa certainly provided the convenience (it's really close to checkin - just a short walk to the terminal and right near the train station) but was surprisingly more than that. Spacious modern room, Wifi access, attractive lobby and public areas, and a much better restaurant than expected. Definitely recommended before or after a long flight into/out of Malpensa.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was my second time staying, mostly due to the very early departure. For convenience, nothing is better.

The rest of the experience, however, was not nearly what it was the first time. Staff were distant and dismissive. Internet connection was basically dysfunctional.

It's really too bad since it's so convenient - hopefully this was a blip, as I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SheratonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear DWieler,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review on Trip Advisor.
We regret to learn that, during your stay you experienced some difficulties with internet connection due to some technical issues that forced us to a re-activation of the systems.
Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for letting you down and for the wrong perception of not caring to your needs.
Your comments as a voice of the customer will be taken in great consideration and we look forward to have you back in the future and in such occasion make your stay more satisfactory.
Warmest regards,
Ivins, Utah
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We traveled by the Malpensa express train arriving at the Airport after Midnight. Check In was smooth, agent spoke fluent English. Slight issue with the shower. The only way to turn it on without getting soaked was to climb over the side of the tub (18 inches high), and lift the showerhead out of the holder to aim it away from me while I adjusted the temperature. This was my first stay at a Sheraton Hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
North Caldwell, NJ
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were on a trip here for vacation and business. We stayed here the night before our delay flight left for the USA. We had an upgraded room with clear bathroom that was extremely nice. What I liked about the hotel was that I was able to check in to the airport and wait in my room. Location is great. It is also very convenient to Malpensa express. I also liked the club lounge. The room was useful for me because it had a comfortable bed and a lot of power outlets to recharge by batteries. For me, it had everything I needed but most of all it was convenient at a reasonable price. It is worth staying here to cut down on stress you experience trying to get to the airport on time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Castle Pines
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This takes the idea of convenience to another level.

The train from Milano Centrale to Malpensa, or rather the escalator you take upstairs after departing that train, comes to a stop and there it is, the Sheraton @ the airport - talk about no directions needed. Further, the entrance to terminal 1 is there, too, just to your right. It can't get any easier, and, for me, inspired a sense of relaxation because I knew I would not have to worry about finding (my way to) things the next morning. The hotel is dated in some regards (carpet, mostly), but it's still very clean and well kept. It's surprisingly (very) quiet and the staff is cheerfully friendly, and helpful. I'd stay here again in a minute. Great place, highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferno
MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport
Idea Hotel Plus Milano Malpensa Airport
Hotel Villa Malpensa
Hotel Villa Malpensa
#1 of 1 in Vizzola Ticino

Been to Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!