“A longer check-in process than your flight!”

Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ferno
Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
“A longer check-in process than your flight!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Arrived at 1am to a deserted airport and no signs for where the hotel is. Well, it is tantalisingly close, just that you don't know how to get to it from the shuttle bus stop. Check-in process was unbelievably long, only the Easter rabbits display kept us amused (fantastically cute). Staff are quite aloof. For the price of this hotel, I think that wi-fi ought to be free in the rooms rather than just the foyer area. Rooms can be a significant walk from the lifts so if I was physically less-able, I would check the room location when booking. Overall, the convenience for early flights more than makes up for the shortcomings. The rooms are very spacious and clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
sydney
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights for convenience. It's very close to the terminal and also to the car hire which was what we needed.
The room was nice but no bathrobes and we could hear the people next door 'enjoying themselves' ... So loud it woke us up. We were also woken up by some random person trying to get into our room.
Service was friendly. Breakfast was good, lots of choice. We ate at the bar one night and the food was ok, not great.
Free wifi is only available on the ground and first floors which was a bit annoying.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Coatesville, Pa.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have a very early flight out of Milan. I took the Malpensa Express train from the City. The Sheraton is just a few steps from exiting the train station at the airport. I had an issue with the phone in my room but the staff was extremely helpful and followed up to be sure everything was OK. Just check the phone when you first arrive in your room. The room was very spacious and well appointed. It can be a long walk to your room so ask for a room close to the elevator. Pizza at the bar was very good. There is also a Carre Four Xpress store just inside the terminal for snacks and sundries. THere are some casual restaurants including McDonalds that you can walk too without going through airport security.

Room Tip: Room 2101 is not too far from the elevator and is very spacious - but it does get the afternoon sun...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Farmington, CT
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel and oh so convenient! The hotel is under five minute walk connecting to Terminal one. The rooms are large and comfortable.
I had a complaint about the efficiency of the a/c since we were on the sunny side of the building and the a/c could not overcome the heat which had built up in the room. (The Bar Restaurant had the same problem.) They are aware of this since they have aluminum draperies as well as blackout drapes on the windows. The front desk was so good about discussing this with us, he was able to check the temperature in our room from a computer at the desk, and assured us it had gone down and would continue to as the sun set. I would still advise going there and requesting a room at the other side of the building. We were in Room 2010 which also sported an area of leaking in the front entrance, which I also reported to the desk!
I am a very fussy traveler and this hotel is, with the exception of the above problems on my A list.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Orange, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed for two nights so I could have the chance to visit Milan prior to starting a tour without dragging my luggage back and forth to town. I took the Malpensa express to the Cardona station ( about 35 min each way) and was easily able to walk to the key sights. The train station is directly across from the hotel entrance. The room was of the standard mid-range modern chain variety with a few quirks. The first night the towel warmer was on when I entered the room, I took advantage of it but couldn't figure out how to turn it on or off. The second night I wanted to use it again for some laundry but when I called the front desk for assistance I received a "sometimes its on, sometimes its off" answer.
The room is equiped with an electric kettle and coffee/tea. In the morning I filled the kettle, but there was no way to plug it in. The cord disappeared down an unaccessable hole behind the mini fridge and it wasn't plugged in. It was secured in a manner that it couldn't be moved.
I was short on time in the morning so I had breakfast at the hotel. It was good and service was fine, but it was a little pricey. The airport might have other options.
Overall, the bed was comfortable, the room quiet (no airplane noise) and clean. It's great for accessing the airport and the room rate is a good value for the money. Beware of the LONG hallways, if you have mobility issues ask for a room closer to the center.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I used Sheraton for one night to catch a morning flight from the Malpensa Airport.

Made my booking on the net the day before. The booking system worked as it should.

Staff in reception was effective and polite when I arrive and when I left.

Room was clean, and quite (with an airport as a next door neighbor). Long and dark corridors to get to the room.

Good internet connection through cable, but had to log on again after less than one hour on the computer. Had to log on many times during my stay.

Had dinner in the restaurant. Excellent service. The quality of my meal was not as good as the service. Breakfast service was as good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Normally you figure that a hotel on-site at the airport will offer convenience, but not much more. The Sheraton Milan Malpensa certainly provided the convenience (it's really close to checkin - just a short walk to the terminal and right near the train station) but was surprisingly more than that. Spacious modern room, Wifi access, attractive lobby and public areas, and a much better restaurant than expected. Definitely recommended before or after a long flight into/out of Malpensa.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferno
MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport
Idea Hotel Plus Milano Malpensa Airport
Hotel Villa Malpensa
Hotel Villa Malpensa
#1 of 1 in Vizzola Ticino

Been to Sheraton Milan Malpensa Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!