“Paradise by the beach”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Arquitectura sustentable
Playa Pikua Ecolodge, amable con la naturaleza.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Sebastian...
Chicago, Illinois
“Be warned when making a reservation”
Reviewed 5 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
people found this review helpful

Be warned when making a reservation for this hotel through their website. Four of us traveled to Colombia almost exclusively to stay at this eco lodge based on location and good reviews. The original reservation was made through their website on June 2nd. I subsequently received a confirmation email that said my reservation had been successful. A few days later, I emailed the hotel to confirm our reservation; however, I did not get a response. On June 28th, I decided to message their WhatsApp number and once again my message went ignored. I also called both numbers on their website and no one answered. Finally, the night we flew to Colombia a staff member picks up the phone and tells me that they aren’t able to locate my reservation.

I informed them that I had the confirmation email and a reservation number. The person on the phone told me that they didn’t see my reservation nor the emails l had sent them in previous weeks inquiring about our reservation. The person on the phone defaulted to blaming the website and provided zero assistance. The hotel was completely booked and we had no place to stay the following day after travelling thousands of miles just to stay at this property.

This hotel does all their reservations through WhatsApp. You are supposed to get a whatsapp message from then hotel confirming your reservation EVEN AFTER YOU GET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL THAT SAYS THAT YOUR RESERVATION HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL. It’s 2018, you book online and you get a confirmation email, it’s that simple. Why would you let potential customers book online if it doesn’t guarantee one’s reservation? I can understand to some extent a glitch in their system, but this was booked weeks in advance and it doesn’t justify the hotel from ignoring my emails, messages, and calls. As I mentioned earlier, the staff member on the phone made no effort to help us find any lodging nearby or any help whatsoever even after I sent them proof of confirmation. This hotel had a "screw you-don’t care-not my problem" attitude. This almost ruined our trip to Colombia. Based on whom I spoke on the phone, my guess is that their service isn’t the best.

Thankfully, we ended up finding a better hotel nearby with great staff

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
9 Jul 2018
Hola Sebastian, gracias por tus comentarios , nos ayudan a mejorar. Lo sentimos, seguramente no leiste la nota que trae nuestra pagina web donde somos claros en decir que debes esperar un mensaje de confirmación desde nuestro email empresarial. Tuvimos un problema tecnico con la pagina que no nos permitio visualzar tu reserva
Los mejores deseos
Tim A
“Paradise by the beach”
Reviewed 4 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

I’m sitting on the terrace the last morning of a wonderful 5-day stay. I can hear the surf breaking on the beach 20 meters away and i swing gently in my hammock. It’s been tremendously relaxing here - delicious fresh fish and seafood from local fisherman delivered for lunch or dinner and a couple of bars 50 meters up the beach. Peaceful and tranquil at night (although a little hot at night under the mosquito net - a ceiling fan in each cabin would be perfecto). Señora Marta will organize any activity you like - a trip to the gorgeous Parque Tayrona, tubing down the Don Diego river with local guide Jonathon. Thanks so much to our local driver Jose - always offering good advice and excellent service. When eating, try the arroz con mariscos (rice with seafood) which had octopus, langostinos, mussels and shrimp - unbelievably good - as is of course the pargo frito.

Having stayed here, I want to move here for good!

johancg2
Toronto, Canada
“Little Piece of Paradise That Feels Like Home”
Reviewed 29 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We arrived at night and unless you have a GPS on you, it is next to impossible to spot the exit where you need to get off to access the ecolodge. I would recommend adding some reflective signage to fix that.

We made our booking directly with their website over a month prior to our stay. We were told they had no booking registered under our name and would not able to accommodate us for our second night. We were stunned, but the owners profusely apologized for the confusion and offered us to help us make this situation right. We were given one of the best villas and gave us a nice bottle of wine to have dinner. It was a nice touch, and in addition to their excellent customer service, it made up for the hiccup. The owner was very kind and helped us find an excellent lodging option for the second night through one of her contacts.

Dinner is provided by a nearby restaurant at very reasonable prices. It was one of the best meals of our trip. We woke up early to have a long walk to the beach, which was empty and got to see the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta in all its splendour from the beach - it was quite the experience!

We came back to be greeted by a sumptuous breakfast and they took the time to asked us what we would like to have. It felt like it was made by your family but at a higher quality. We spent some time on the hammocks by the beach relaxing with some nice cold beers and the music from the ocean ahead of us. The only thing we didn't appreciate was the lack of prompt cleaning after we finish our meals. We came back from the beach and all the mess with flies around was still there, this can be easily fixed.

I highly recommend this place. Martha and her partner will take care of you and give you a wonderful stay experience. Just make sure you confirm your reservation with them beforehand!

ElaineLen...
San Jose, California
“Gorgeous, relaxing in an open cabana to sound of the waves”
Reviewed 30 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We only stayed one night and wish it were longer!

These are well equipped huts / rooms that are covered but not fully enclosed, located close to beach where you can go to sleep to the sound of the waves and wake up to the birds twittering nearby.

Comfortable bed, lovely semi-outside bathroom, hammocks to hang out in and relax in resort or on beach. A lovely breakfast is included.

The friendly hosts Martha and Oscar helped organize local transport to bring us to the hotel from Santa Marta and then to Tayrona Park. Recommend to take advantage of them organizing transport. Otherwise you’ll be dropped by bus on main road and from there take a motorbike taxi (or a long walk past a large banana plantation).

A place to go relax, enjoy the beach and nature. Don’t expect WiFi (although we did have cell signal on Claro), or lots of restaurants nearby - not in a town- but a phenomenal experience.

Gwendolyn...
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Tranquil Boutique Resort with Lovely Hosts”
Reviewed 22 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

My friend and I just returned from a three night stiay at Playa Pikua. The owners Martha and Oscar, along with all of their staff, were the nicest, most accommodating hosts I’ve ever encountered. They sorted out all of our crazy tour and food requests quickly and without issue. They also paid attention to details. For example, their driver was bringing me back from Tayrona Park and I mentioned I had a bit of a tummy bug, which I’d picked up before I had arrived, not there. Thirty minutes after arriving back at my cabana I got a text from Martha. ‘Jose will bring you lemon and ginger tea for your tummy later.’ It’s these kinds of things that make Playa Pikua so special.

The only issue we had was with our booking through Booking.com. We booked a Family Room as we were two friends traveling and wanted two separate beds and saw that in the Family Room pictures there were two beds. Perfect! However when we arrived we were in a cabana with just one double bed. Oscar quickly arranged for another bed to be put in the cabana and moved us to the larger cabana the next day. It turned out that apparently in Booking.com there is no difference in the room types despite what you book, so if you need two beds even if you are just two people request that directly through Oscar and Martha and they should be able to accommodate. They sorted the issue very professionally.

A perfect place to stay for visiting Tayrona Park and Don Diego River nearby.

EddieGord...
“Wonderful ecolodge and great place to relax!”
Reviewed 21 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

We stayed at Playa Picua for three nights in March 2018 towards the end of our trip and had a really great and relaxed time there! Martha and Oscar have been extremely nice and of great help regarding restaurants, trips to PNN Tayrona as well as organizing transportation to the airport.

The cabañas (currently there are four with a fifth one being built) are very spacious and equipped with bathroom, kitchenette and patio. At night, you'll hear nothing but the sound of the sea and various birds but bear in mind that there will be insects around as the cabañas cannot provide a closed environment.

Also, there is a huge common area pavilion close to the beach with hammocks on the upper deck and a seating/massage area at the bottom. One could easily hang out in the hammocks either on the (deserted) beach or on the pavilion upper deck all day.

There are restaurants close by (i.e. hostel next door) as well as the possibility to order food from local fishermen to have dinner on your cabaña's patio, which was both delicious and very nice. All in all a great place to unwind and enjoy the beauty of Tayrona and its surroundings. Muchas gracias por todo, Martha y Oscar!

Your age range 25-34
AnnieW44
Boston, Massachusetts
“Peaceful Oceanside Escape”
Reviewed 26 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Beautiful casitas are steps away from the roaring surf. Stayed 3 nights but wish it were longer. Truly ecological (solar powered), clean and comfortable though basic, with fans, a fridge, cooking supplies, delicious coffee and good breakfast, lovely staff. Ten minute drive from PNN Tayrona (though it’s hard to justify leaving the hammocks on the beautiful secluded beach here). Blessedly few mosquitos (though netting provided). Martha arranged massages for us ($24!) when we returned from the Lost City Trek (highly recommended!). It is very quiet and there is nothing going on here, but 2 minutes down the beach there are hostels with food, music, tours etc.

You should know: No one here speaks English. The owners are rarely on-site but easily accessible through WhatsApp for planning rides, meals etc. There is nowhere nearby to get or exchange cash so make sure to bring all you will need. You can dip in the ocean but it is not really swimmable, but you can walk 25 minutes down the beach to the river.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing