“An Awesome Getaway!”

Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor
Ranked #2 of 2 Indian Brook B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed in one of the cottages at Sea Parrot and we couldn't have asked for better. It was clean, comfortable, and cozy-- we really felt at home-- and beautifully decorated with the theme of the unit. We were extremely excited to see that there were 2 hot tubs available for use, one of them being right on the edge of the ocean, and hammocks as well. The owners were both very kind and very helpful, eager to make our stay the best it could be. Lonnie came around every day to ask how our day was and whether we needed anything and Roy lit the campfire for guests every evening.
The location was prime, being right on the Cabot Train and on the ocean. One has to drive down a narrow road from the main road to reach the manor, so it is far enough away from traffic to feel quite remote.
We highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
Hope to see you again.
Have a great summer and we all (even the babies send our best.

Thanks again
Lonnie & Roy

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Beautiful location, exceptionally hospitable hosts, delicious homemade breakfasts, and delightful accommodations. This place is hard to beat. It is a unique property with designer quality decor. Every unit has a different theme that is reflected in everything from the pillows on the sofa and shower curtain to the pictures and other art/craft works. Over the top amenities -- 2 large spas, porch breakfast dining, every unit has its own porch or patio, hammocks, and swings and a gazebo on the water. It's conveniently located to the park. The owners (hosts) offer suggestions on restaurants, activities (Scottish musical programs, whale watching captains, and "not to miss" shops) and even made reservations for us for our next stop. I don't think they could have done anything more to make this the highlight of our vacations stops. If you can afford it, book early: if you can't, float a loan, its worth every penny.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank MabRwv
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2011

Hey girls hope the rest of your trip was as great as Cape Breton/Cabot Trail.
It was great meeting you both and again thanks for the great book it has kept me in stitches.

Hope to see you both again and thank you for choosing the Sea Parrot
We get the best guest's.

Lonnie & Roy
& the babies

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Travelled with family (my beautiful wife and 3 young kids aged 8, 8, & 7) to beautiful Nova Scotia. The Sea Parrot Manor, situated on Cape Breton's eastern shore was easy to find and a comfortable place to stay. One has the option of choosing to stay in a well stocked (cleaning supplies, towels, etc), secluded cabin, in cabins near the heart of the Manor's property or rooms within the manor itself. There is even a boat that's been converted to a fun place to stay. Lots of activites for the kids (soccer ball and net, badminton, swings) with a campfire most nights. The owner's work their tails off ensuring your stay is comfortable. We stayed in the secluded cabin, and while there is free WiFi on the property, I could only get signals near the Manor with my Apple devices. Not really a negative given the walk to the manor is not that far but this dropped the Service rating from a 5 to a 4. The owners tried to help by resetting the WiFi. The owners Roy and Lonny suggested places to visit and said to ensure we told these places we were staying with the Sea Parrot to get a discount. Looking back at our entire stay on Cape Breton and we wish we could have stayed longer before heading back to Ontario. The Sea Parrot Manor would be definitely be our choice of accommodations when we go back to visit.

• Stayed: July 2011

We always love to hear our guests feed back and we are thrilled that you had a gret stay and had some down time as well.
Come and see us again.
Have a great summer and thanks again
Lonnie & Roy and thebabies say hi.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

The Sea Parrot was awesome. When you drive down the driveway you do not know what to expect. I did not see the web site, but what a surprise it was. The first thing you see is a fishing boat then the Inn. The view was what I was hoping for, it was great. If only I could book the wheather it would have been perfect.

Room Tip: Every room has a great view.
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This is the first review I have ever written, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to share our good fortune in selecting The Sea Parrot for our stay on Cape Breton Island. My husband and I spent five days at the Sea Parrot. Our room was fresh and immaculate. The property is situated directly on the ocean and the view is breathtaking. Each night we watched the moon rise over the ocean and went to sleep with the sound of the surf breaking near-by. Lonnie and Roy are outstanding hosts and went out of their way to ensure that our stay would exceed our expectations. And Lonnie's breakfasts are really something to write home about. We placed our order each night and enjoyed everything from fruit pancakes to omelettes cooked to order. This is a lovely property managed by warm, generous and helpful hosts and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Darien93
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

Ricci and Glen,
It was a great pleasure having you both stay with us.
Glad you had a great time and don't forget your morning breakfast Moose adventure and also Whaling trip.
You were great guests, fun and very enjoyable.
Hope to see you both again soon!

P.S. How is Glen holding up without hi morning omlette?

Hugs and kisses to you both
Lonnie & Roy and the babies (yorkies)

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We visited the Sea Parrot with friends this past May when we were visiting Cape Breton Island. The owner of the B&B was friendly and pleasant. The oceanview from the back of the house was simply amazing. We also got to use the hot tub which was a very nice treat in the evening. One thing that bothered us was that the rooms were not clean at all. We found about 5-6 dead flies between the bed sheets, as well as another 10-20 dead ones on the floor next to the bed. The matress on bed was not very comfortable and I woke up with a bit of a sore back in the morning. Overall, I'd say it's a convenient place to stay when touring the Cabot Trail, but definitely not worth the high price been charged for a "luxury B&B".

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Goose_2011
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

Response to this review is urgent for future guests.
We at the Sea Parrot take extreme pride in our property and well-being of all of our guests as you can see from many other reviews. This guest and friends arrived, immedialely I informed them that I was giving them an up-graded rooms at no additional charge.
They enjoyed all of our ammenties,such as taking an enjoyable hot-tub oceanfront, they said there rooms were very nice and even said thank you.
We had an unexpected power outage thru out our entire area in the late am and as I was preping breakfast we had no power which was beyond my control.
When the guests came for breakfast the person which wrote this review got alittle up-set as I told them I had a very large buffet for them and I expressed how sorry I was not to be able to make a full hot breakfast. Our buffet includes,fruit platter,yogart,granola,baked goods,cereal's,milk and juices.
After they ate and were completely full the guest that posted this review had approached me at check-out and ask that their rooms be free or at least an additional discount. I explained that the rooms I had given them were usually 165.00 per night and I already gave them a discounted rate at booking for 125.00 per night, so I felt that I was more than fair.
So they said ok and went on their way. There was no mention of any other situations in either of their rooms,such as insects or otherwise which at the time is when something should have been said if their was a problem.
So I feel that these guests figured that they could get back at me for not giving them additional discounts, and posting this bad and un-true review. I was very up-set to see the review.
I guess no matter what you do to be nice is sometimes not good enough.
We have a GREAT REPUTATION and have years of repeat and referral business from many guests.

Owner- Lonnie DeFilippis
Then I get this review with no mention of power outage or any oth

Reviewed 5 June 2011

We had amassing time at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor. We stayed in the Garden Suite for three nights. The room was very spacious and well-equipped with microwave, kettle and coffee pot. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom. We had bath robes to use for the hot tub. All property is so well maintained and equipped with so many things to make your stay memorable. Lonnie is a great host. Her breakfast was delicious. We had a real menu that could satisfy the choosiest taste. We also were very appreciative to our hosts for providing us with so much information about attractions and places to go. They had books, maps and booklets about Cabot Trail and Nova Scotia and generously shared them with us.

We would definitely recommend this lovely place with the friendliest hosts to everybody.

Margarita and Keith

Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort and Retreat
Chanterelle Inn & Cottages
Chanterelle Inn & Cottages
#1 of 1 in North River Bridge

Been to Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor? Share your experiences!