“A piece of heaven at the edge of the world...”

Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor
Ranked #1 of 2 Indian Brook B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Columbus, Ohio
“A piece of heaven at the edge of the world...”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of his retirement trip for 5 nights on the HMS Sea Parrot otherwise known as "the boat" ! From the time we pulled onto the property to the moment we left and all the way home, the experience was FANTASTIC ! We were welcomed by Roy as we arrived when he stated " You must be the Boat people " and further welcomed by Lonnie and quite a few Yorkies !!! The accomodations were spotless, the rooms were stocked with everything you could possibly need and if something was missing, it was immediately provided by Lonnie. The boat was private, overlooking a Koi pond where the only noise you heard at night was a lonely bullfrog. The grounds are immaculate and believe me when I say there was plenty to do for everyone ! The view overlooking the bay is breathtaking, the large firepit was the perfect way to end the day...the hottub was fun...there were plenty of things for people of all ages to pass the time. Breakfast was up to you with at least 5-6 selections daily as well as a very reasonable time frame to eat so that you didn't find yourself getting up too early on vacation.! Lonnie had so much information on things to do in the area, what to see, places to eat that the trip felt tailor made for us. After five nights, when we left we truly felt like we were leaving friends.This area carries such natural beauty alone that its impossible not to enjoy yourself...coming home at the end of a busy day spent exploring Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail to a place as warm and welcoming as the Sea Parrot was heaven. Thank you Roy and Lonnie for such a fabulous experience ! We hope to be back one day soon. Hugs to Spike and all the others too.

Room Tip: Large variety of rooms depending on your situation...the boat was great fun for a couple as was the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We rented this cottage on the Cabot trail for a little get away with family when on vacation in capbreton the cottage was so nice, clean there 's everything you will need for a week or more stay bring cloths and food and your good to go. The area has some nice beaches , great restaurant we also visited a nice hat store not very far from the cottage , the kids had a ball here and they loved the little dogs ... Will be back next year.. I don't have anything bad to say about this location thank you Lonnie for your hospitality see you next year ...

Room Tip: Just need your cloths and that's about it .. Lonnie has everything you need there waiting for yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Lonnie provided my mom and I with a much needed break from travelling around the east coast. We were given a private suite with a deck overlooking the ocean. The beds were comfy, the bath was clean and inviting and the outdoor hot tub was heaven. The breakfast was fantastic- thank you for spoiling us!- and her yorkies were adorable.

I never felt like we were at a hotel, but rather staying with old friends on holiday.

Thank you for taking such good care of us Lonnie!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Toilet did not flush. Host had dirt under her fingernails, stained with nicotine - gross, knowing she prepared the breakfast. Host was abrupt to my wife. I had an understanding that the room rate was $140 per night, was dismayed to find upon leaving we were paying $ 170 per night - my mistake for not insisting on a confirmation letter, or qualifying the deposit payment to be subject to cleanliness approval. Aside from the absolutely beautiful view overlooking the bay, I would not recommend this B&B. For the prices we paid, I would have expected much more.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Rockin473
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
How do I begin! Trying please everyone is a tough job , But I still keep trying!
Just to let other guest's know this particular guest was 1st upgraded to a beautiful oceanfront cottage also was not charged more for the up-grade.
Also had a doggie which normally I would not allow in unit, but I made an exception.
Also I asked to things about the doggie not to let him on the furniture and not to bring him to the break as to other guet's not wanting a dog where they eat.
He did not do either as I had asked. And I did not charge him a cleaning, which I should have for the doggie.

As for his comment about dirty nails I had probably just finished putting fresh berries on their waffles of course with a spoon.

Also included full breakfast for there stay which is not incl. with cottages. Since he was orig. in a suite I honored the breakfast for them as a courtousy.

I even was asked for 5.00 so they could use the Ferry as they said they did not have cash, so I offered a free ferry ticket which by mistake I gave them a reciept ticket instead, but they called and said they were thrown off the ferry. Well in the Cape Breton style of folks here no-one if they pay or not would ever get re-fused the ferry passage. We know the Ferry Capt. quit well and when I asked him of such a thing he just laughed.

And only charged him the amount quoted for season time of there stay and no more to up-grade.

He was trying to get o/s rates and I said I was sorry, but that was the rate I quoted.
Also upon his departure he said nothing about anythig wrong with his unit or at the time of his stay.

Again I always tell customer's if you need anything at all please let me know and I will take care of it.

As I would say you just can't please some people no matter what you do for them, especially when they think after there stay they should get discounts when not offered.

I know this is a long response, but thi is just the way it happened.

As you can see from all of our reviews not true.
Top of the Island (Cape Breton)
Reviewed 30 June 2013

It's hard to believe how much I enjoyed myself. The ocean side hot tubs are a MUST and are open 24/7, the breakfast has lots of selection, and the boat accommodation is fantastic. I could go on and on about what I loved about it..... but..... I can sum it up pretty easily. "I didn't want to go home"

Room Tip: Have to bring your bathing suit for the hot tubs
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Hey Deidre,
It was a pleasure having you both stay with us.
Hope to see you again with all your friends in Oct.

Glad you had a good time .

All the best to the top of the Island (Pleasant Bay) yeah!
Lonnie & Roy
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I wanted to see the beautiful fall colors of Cabot Trail. I decided to try to find a bed and breakfast that would allow dogs...to my surprise they did!! I booked by phone and they were really friendly.

Once there it was surreal... gorgeous view, amazing rooms, great selection of amenities and a lot of choices for breakfast!!

I stayed in an apartment suite with an amazing view of the water!! ahhhh so relaxing!

This is a property you would love to stay at!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Hey Tammy,
Sooo! glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Thank you for the great review it was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Thanks again
And have a great New Year
Lonnie
Westville, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to take a weekend away for ourselves. We found the Sea Parrot and booked online. We stayed in the boat cottage. It was so unique! Well done, it's cute and cozy, the perfect setting for a quiet stay. The property is beautiful, the people (and their beautiful puppies) are wonderful, and our weekend was absolutely perfect. Breakfast every morning in the manor house was amazing. The owners gave us great advice about where to stop in on our travels around the Cabot Trail. We had so much fun we will be back for sure. Maybe next time we'll even take the kids.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
English Country Garden B&B
English Country Garden B&B
#2 of 2 in Indian Brook
Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa

Been to Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor? Share your experiences!