“Wonderful Place!!”

Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor
Ranked #2 of 2 Indian Brook B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our family (2 adults + 4 children) rented one of the cottages with our good friends in an adjoining cottage (2 adults + 3 children). The cottages were perfect for our families and the whole property is meticulously taken care of. The units come fullt equipped with everything you could need for indoor/outdoor cooking, etc.. The 2 BR unit with We enjoyed relaxing evenings in the hot tub...kids enjoyed the camp fire. The kids also enjoyed the grass lawn with soccer, tether ball, hammocks, and more. What a great place! My only regret was not being able to extend our stay for a few more nights. The Cabot Trail is breath-taking and I hope to get back up there some day soon. Lonnie & Roy were wonderful hosts and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our trip. And with a location and ocean view like that...how could we not enjoy ourselves! It's easy to see why they get so many repeat guests. Wonderful family vacation spot!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelling_Mike_PA
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

Thanks Mike from Pa.
Hope to see you again and have a great fall.
Glad you had a great stay.

Lonnie

Reviewed 26 June 2014

If you don't stay here, don't stay anywhere!!!!
Fabulous fabulous fabulous
We were allowed to bring our 2 golden retrievers here and weren't made to feel that it was an inconvenience to the owners... Quite the opposite, they welcomed them with pleasure.
The breakfasts are like none other in any B&B we've stayed in. Fabulous again
Thanks for a great stay

Room Tip: Any or all depending how often you visit
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hey Guys,
Missed you at breakfast sorry to see you and your babies leave.
Look forward TO YOUR NEXT VISIT.
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER !

ALL THE BEST
Lonnie, Roy and ALL of our BABIES SAY HI

Reviewed 26 February 2014

After travelling for hours & being completely exhausted, we decided to stop at the next place we found. The Sea Parrot was an amazing find. The owners were very sweet & helpful. We asked about close places to eat & went to have a nap. When we woke up, most places were closed as it was Sunday. They would not let us go to bed hungry & provided us with mini pizzas and snacks...which was perfect! We spent the evening watching movies in our nautical themed loft above the garage. The next morning was beautiful and sunny. We got to sit out on the deck while have a wonderful breakfast served to us. There are also hammocks, 2 outdoor hottubs & horse shoes that we did not get to take advantage of. We are getting married this summer in Cape Breton and are planning to send a few nights post wedding here!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wendric
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We spent 16 days in Sept/Oct making a figure 8 tour of Nova Scotia in a rental car out of Halifax. We typically stayed two nights in each of eight areas. We had been to Cape Breton Island on the last trip, but this time we knew better where to go, what to enjoy, etc. We tried to find upscale, pleasant and restful properties on the scenic coast. Although the Sea Parrot did not turn out to be the most expensive place we stayed, it was the nicest and most pleasurable. We had our own apt overlooking the sea and right next to it was a hot tub to enjoy twice a day. Nice bed, balcony/deck and shower. Lonnie was gracious with her house, offering DVD movies and books. Breakfast was wonderful. There is no question we would highly recommend this B&B to others. There was a very nice, long walking trail through the woods about 5 miles south. We left our bathing suits behind and Lonnie called the ferry to catch us, but wound up mailing them to us in the States when we got back (free of charge). Very nice, hospitable couple and property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jong9412
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am not punctual (at all!) about writing this review, but my stay was so wonderful that I was determined to leave a review no matter how late it was. My boyfriend and I traveled here in July 2012. This was one 3 day stop on a month long birthday vacation for him. Prior to arriving at the manor, I'd contacted Lonnie to ask if birthday decorations and a small cake could be put in our room for our arrival. Not only were they happy to oblige, but they responded to my email in approximately 10 minutes. It was truly shocking how fast their response was. Upon having a friendly, welcoming check in, my boyfriend and I entered our room and there was a homemade cake and card waiting for him! He felt very special, which is exactly what I was going for. What made it even more special was that the cake was homemade--it's those little things that make a traveling experience memorable. We had a great three days at the manor, complete with a bonfire with other guests, a great breakfast every day, and naps in the hammock. Our stay was everything we could have hoped for in a trip to Cape Breton Island. We only had two negatives. One was that we found the beds to be very uncomfortable, similar to dorm room beds. I have not taken away any stars for that because I do not know if the beds have been updated since my time there--and honestly it was not a dealbreaker. Also, the first night we had a family in the room next to ours. Unfortunately, we could hear the kids running around in the room. It didn't bother us too much, but it did make us aware of the thin walls. It would be nice if travelers with families could be relegated to the bottom floor of the cottages--of course I am speaking as a person without children. My boyfriend and I do a lot of traveling around North America and typically we stay in very nice hotels. We enjoy the luxury accommodations and the first-class service. Places like the Parrot Ocean View Manor remind us that first-class service does not necessarily mean luxury accommodations and sometimes the best experiences are those with the most simplicity.

Room Tip: As for a room on the top floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

What started out as a two night stay turned into four as we enjoyed our stay so much. Cap Breton has too much to experience for just a one or two day stay. The Sea Parrot was a great jumping off point. While nothing in Cape Breton is close to each other, this B&B is centrally located and offers a perfect ocean front getaway. Leaving the door to our room open each night we could listen to the waves crash on the shore. Late nights in the hot tub under the stars made a perfect ending to each day. The breakfasts were made to order and served when you wanted them, not at a set time. Recommendations by the owners were spot on and the whale watch was a highlight of the trip. I only wish we could have stayed one more day just to sit and relax at the property since most of our time was spent seeing the sites.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I traveled to the Cape Breton area as part of our 9 day trip to Nova Scotia. We reserved a room at the Sea Parrot based on proximity to the areas we wanted to see, and the ratings on Trip Advisor. However, when we arrived it wasn't what we thought it would be and suffice to say we were a little disappointed. We've stayed in many B&B's over the years and so we obviously have a certain expectation of what a typical B&B would be like. This one wasn't up to that standard, and wasn't as nice as many of the pictures suggest. The property leaves a bit to be desired in terms of appearance and landscape maintenance, and the room we were given was simply okay. The breakfast is served in the main house but it's a very small area. It's a very, very small kitchen area, and we didn't see any separation between the cooking area and the dining area, and there didn't appear to be anything resembling a typical sit-down and eat arrangement. The owners have small dogs who appear to have free roam of the house, including the kitchen area, which is a major turn-off for us. While we were in the house at the beginning the dogs were there and frequently barking. Since we weren't staying in the main house we overlooked it. However, we assumed that at least for the breakfast the dogs would be outside, but since they have a room adjacent to the kitchen where it appeared the dogs hung out we were concerned the dogs would be around for breakfast. Again, that's a major turn-off for us. Regardless, we never stayed that long so we can't say how it works out. We toured quite a bit of the Cape Breton area for the majority of the day, but left before evening and found another spot much more to our liking.

Our mistake was reserving a room before physically checking it out. We should have done that and had we done so we'd have passed on this spot and avoided paying for a room we never used. We wouldn't recommend this spot, but most certainly anyone considering it should check it out for themselves. Obviously from the ratings there are people who like it. Just not our cup of tea.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank PaulBrawner
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

As anyone else reading this review make it known that this gentleman and his wife never even stayed at our resort. They came and looked at their room which I should mention is a lovely oceanfront and our most popular suite. And as far as his comments, he didn't even stay to get a breakfast or anything else. So we are disappointed in him not ourselves.

First of all I am sure you saw the room before booking.
And nothing changed from the pics to actual seeing.
You should have asked me about arrangements for breakfast and had you been honest with me and said you didn't want the room and not just tried to skip out I would have not charged you, I always appreciate it when people ask questions and don't make judgment calls before they have even had a chance to experience our site. I normally check-in all guest's but was off doing the large house. Being you checked in sooo! early, but I still had your room ready which even major hotels would not have. I wish you had spoken to me before writing this nasty review since you did not even stay I can't see could make so many comments. I think we both know why you made this bad review because I charged you for the room anyway. Sorry next time be more up front with an owner it usually goes a long way in your favor.

Sorry you were not happy again I wish you had said something to my face and not written this
review behind my back.

But we will continue to always give 100% and keep trying t please our guest's always.

Thanks

Chanterelle Inn & Cottages
Chanterelle Inn & Cottages
#1 of 1 in North River Bridge
Keltic Lodge Resort & Spa

Been to Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor? Share your experiences!