“Worth a visit - this place has everything”

Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor
Ranked #1 of 2 Indian Brook B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Moncton, Canada
“Worth a visit - this place has everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Don't let their website scare you, this place is great. We weren't sure what to expect when we pulled into the Sea Parrot Ocean view but I have to admit I was impressed. The location is beautiful, located right on the cliff over looking the Atlantic ocean with access to a beautiful rocky beach. The cottages my family and I stayed in were brand new and fully loaded, I mean fully loaded! We didn't need anything except food and clothes for the weekend. We were there with my brother in law and his family and we had adjoining cottages, which were perfect for us. There are two hot tubs, a playground, swing set, fire pit and tons of places around the grounds to chill and enjoy the view! My only complaint which seems so silly... The owners attempted to make the cottages themed and they failed. The place is so nice it doesn't need a gimmick so it makes the place seem cheap. I will return here, for sure!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the new cabin which had all the amenities of home but looks right out onto the ocean. BBQ ran out of propane and the owners had a new tank to us in 5 minutes. Would definitely stay here again, was exactly as described.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike B
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thanks Mike,
Glad you both had a great and relaxing time see you again.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We spent 3 nights upgraded in the newer house. Very secluded, very private self-contained unit. The view of the ocean was stunning. Lonnie and Roy will do everything they possibly can to make your stay what you want. In the middle of cooking steaks for dinner, we ran out of propane, one call and we were back in business in 5 minutes. We went to the Clucking Hen as they suggested for lobster stew and loved it. We loved the binoculars, futon, washer/dryer, utensils... everything was provided. The hot tub under the stars was a dream. It rained 2 out of the 3 days we stayed, and Lonnie apologized as if SHE could control the weather! lol We were treated like family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hi Guys,
Glad you had a great time again sorry about the weather and not getting to do your smores at bonfire.
Hope to see you again have a good remainder of the summer almost gone.
Thanks again
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stumbled upon this place while searching for a multiple family trip, and we are so glad we did. The environment was wonderful for the kids ( ages 3-15) giving them so many things to do. When we were told to bring groceries, clothes and a bathing suit and nothing else was needed Lonnie was not kidding. From toys for the kids to towels to coffee and tea, this place had everything! The view was impeccable and with so many places to relax (chairs, hammock, swings even a hot tub) we sat and enjoyed the view, watching seals play in the water! We brought along my husbands family who are from Cape Breton and they loved it too! I can't say enough good things about Lonnie and this amazing find! We will defiantly be returning ASAP!

Room Tip: This is defiantly a family environment so if you are travelling on a getaway to be away from kids Lo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Theresa,
It was great having you and your family glad you had an enjoyable well spent and relaxing time with you family and kids.
See you again I am sure.

Thanks
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I were traveling with our 2 daughters, ages 17 and 20, on a trip to Nova Scotia. We spent 4 nites at the Sea Parrot and had a great time. The location is tremendous - on the water just opposite the Bird Islands.
Lonny and Roy were excellent (somewhat garrulous) hosts. We stayed in the Hawaii cabin, which included a small kitchen that allowed us to cook our own meals (our daughters are vegetarian - it is often easier to stay in!). The bedrooms were somewhat small and the bathroom / shower was adequate.
The Sea Parrot is 45 minutes from the entrance to Cape Breton Highlands National Park, where we did several hikes (and the Highlands Links Golf Course), and to Baddeck where we had lunch and shopped after a trip to the Bird Islands.
We enjoyed the hot tub and watched some movies from their DVD library in the evening.
One bit of advice is to take the ferry over from Englishtown (as opposed to exiting on the Cabot Trail after Baddeck); it will save 30 minutes of driving. Get a 10-trip pass for $13.00.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thanks Mike,
Glad you guys had a great time.
See you again.
St anthony
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Our family is just concluding a vacation of the maritimes, and we had an amazing time until last night.... We booked the Sea Parrot Oceanview Manor a while back based on the beautiful pics and wonderful reviews on their website. Don't be fooled, things aren't always as they seem!!! As we got closer to the place we began to realize that the location was quite out of the way for us to make it to the Newfoundland ferry for early the next morning. I called the resort and asked the owner if we could cancel , explaining the situation and very willing to pay a cancellation fee. This lady is very rude and bold, and has a way of belittling people. Her response was, in no uncertain terms, that we would be charged full fees whether we stayed there or not!! She was very unpleasant and continued to say that she turned people away and that I should have cancelled before this. Of course we had no choice but to stay there.... As we continue to drive we learn that we have to get on a ferry to get there!! A short ride but nonetheless, could have caused problems for us catching our Newfoundland ferry the next morning. When we arrive; I am met at the door of the cluttered main house by a bunch of dogs and then see a kennel outside with more dogs barking their heads off at us! The owner brings us to the thrown together garden apt and later brings us old worn linens for the pull out couch. I inform her that we will be leaving very early in the morning and I would like my checkout ready.. She proceeds to bring down my receipt, now first off, the VISA I gave her on booking was for that alone; to hold the room, she has now run through a VISA that I did not authorize and I notice it was run the day BEFORE our arrival!!!!! I tell her that I did not want to use that card and she refuses to reverse it... Then the charge is some outrageous amount, not what I was quoted or what was stated on the website. She charged us more because we were only staying for one night ! Kids are supposed to stay for free with their parents according to the website, however , we were charged for each of our three children again because we were only staying one night!!!!!
I expressed my disappointment and discontentment to the owner and was basically told that there were other people turned away because we had a room booked!!! I wasn't concerned about everyone else, only me and my family!! Needless to say we were out of there first thing this morning! Beware people, rude, hard to deal with owner and outrageously overpriced!

Stayed August 2014
8 Thank KAR1122
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
First I would like to say that if this customer had just mentioned at all @ time of booking that they had an early ferry trip to Newfoundland I would have then suggested that they not stay with us and get a place closer to the port. She called me later day of arrival check-in to inform. me that she was CXL and I did say I am sorry but had you called anytime prior I would have CXL her at no charge. Obviously she was pre-occupied with her children on the trip.
I did say she either could come or not it was her choice but she would be charged for the night CXL day of is automatic full fee one-day charge only .
She went the long way around so it took her longer to get to us.
Her room was a lovely ground level apt. suite oceanfront as far as room and linens they are all new and pristine. Yes we do have Yorkies and there were guest doggies in the kennel when she stayed. May I mention that her Husband and children were delightful and had a good time playing on the grounds. She seemed alittle stressed out and very high strung so she also did not take me up on my buffet breakfast for the family they just left.
As you can see we have a great reputation and sorry she felt different. Again all she had to do was call me and not 40 mins. prior to check-in to try and CXL.
Her room was 185.00 per night I did not charge for the children.
Our rooms are spotless and well kept.
Hope she had a safe and restful journey back to Newfoundland.

Again sorry she had such a miserable time here unlike all of our other guests who love it and return again and again. Most never want to leave.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Sea Parrot is a beautiful property overlooking the Atlantic on the NE coast of Cape Breton. We stayed in the boat at the back of the property, a private, comfortable and unique accommodation. Two hot tubs, breakfast, campfires and a horseshoe pit sweeten the deal. The breakfast menu offered a choice between pancakes, french toast, eggs any style, or crab and cheese omelets, in addition to coffee, tea, orange juice, assorted baked goods, fresh fruit and yogurt. We settled on the omelets, which Lonnie prepared with considerable skill and panache. Breakfast alone is worth the price of admission. Highland Links Golf Course is 40 minutes north of here, and Ingonish is a bit closer. Ingonish had a grocery and liquor store, and nearby we found Rods Lobster and Seafood, a great spot to pick up live or freshly prepared lobster. Lonnie graciously provided us with all the lobster cracking paraphernalia two challenged landlubbers could possibly need.
A rate conflict between Booking.com and The Sea Parrot led to an overcharge that has since been refunded by Booking.com. This is a superb property, and a bargain at any price. Lonnie is an energetic, helpful and engaging hostess. Oh, and she might express an opinion or two as well. Thanks for sharing Loonie!

Room Tip: The boat is very comfortable and private, but situated furthest from the oceanfront.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SEAPARROT, Owner at Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Glad you both had a great stay and hope to see you again.
The Boat is unique and fun and happy that you enjoyed staying with us and loved the breakfasts.

All the best
#1 of 3 in Ingonish
Skyline Cabins
Skyline Cabins
#4 of 7 in Ingonish

Been to Sea Parrot Ocean View Manor? Share your experiences!