“nice country pub”

The Old Crown
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Kelston
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Escape the city in our beautifully refurbished pub & restaurant 15 minutes from Bath & Bristol. British cuisine, with our own little twist. Our kitchen is open Tuesday to Friday 12 - 3pm / 6 - 9pm, Saturday 12 - 9pm, Sunday 12 - 7pm. Huge Beer garden with space for 150 and covered heated dining for 40. Pizza oven, BBQ grills & fully functioning outside bar.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“nice country pub”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I had 2 visits to The Old Crown, everyone in the pub was friendly and the cider was nice. I booked a table on Boxing Day, ordered the kedgeree from the buffet, it was tasty, nicely served & reasonably priced. Good parking facility opp the pub.

• Visited December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bath, United Kingdom
“Let Down”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We went for Sunday Lunch, the table was booked for 1pm,we were left for over 30 mins waiting to place our orders, the food was good, although the beef was on the tough side and needed a sharper knife.We then had to wait an awfull long time to get the table cleared and order dessert's,after finally ordering we waited untill 2.40pm and still nothing arrived.WE then gave up!!. I know the place was busy but the girls who were supposed to be waitressing seemed to ignor us, even down to when we left two of them were outside having a smoke, not a good advert.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank LynC141
“Amazing chips”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Visited here for my Dad's birthday meal in November.
I had attempted to visit this place back in the summer but had been put off by the "local" feel of the place. I was totally unaware of the restaurant space past the bar, and didn't give The Crown a chance, I'm glad, however that I gave it a second chance.
I had the fish and chips for my main, which was very tasty, the chips really are up there with some of the best I've ever tasted. Fish is almost as good.
The rest of the party had pheasant (was told this was good, although too many bones), pork chop (ok).

The desserts, although beautifully presented, weren't as good as they looked. I had chocolate brownie which was a bit dry, the rest of the group had the Chocolate Fruit roulade which I sampled and I can report was a bit dry too. Staff friendly enough. Seats are a bit uncomfortable, I assumed that was just the case for me as I am 8.5 months pregnant but everyone else said the seats were pretty uncomfortable. I'd definitely return to this place.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A nice find and one to visit again”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were staying at the Tracy Park having been racing at Bath and wanted somewhere to eat and this pub was recommended by the hotel staff.

It is lovely, large, but somehow it retains quaintness. Flagged floors, low ceilings, even I had to duck at 5ft 3ins (I did have heels on!). Nice menu, and the portions are enormous! I didn't have a starter, but my partner had the cheese on toast - enough to feed an army! Be hungry - the main courses were also enormous and beautifully cooked and served. I had the fish pie and it was delicious. Good wine list and reasonably priced.

Lots of locals in there and they made us very welcome indeed.

We also popped in for a drink the following night and it was nice to just sit in the bar area and have a drink.

Good food, nice atmosphere - will definitely visit again.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

An amazing local village pub. The staff are great, the food is great and the range of local ales and ciders is great. There are roaring log fires throughout and it has the feel of an old wayfare inn from back in the day. Might have to make this my new local, if only I didn't live an hour away. Defo recommend a visit